Does anyone change oil, pads and rotors or clean filters etc on ffh13? please post images. I liked to change my own full syn oil would love to know on jack locations under the car safe to do that. Not a big fan of semi syn motorcraft oil. any concerns If I put Pennzoil full syn or Mobil version of same? please share your comments, experiences.

on the same note please share when you did break in oil change. Dealership seems to give different numbers depending on who you talk to and owners manual doesn't match up either. cconfused and 1000 mile Mark coming up soon. please help...

Today's engines don't have "break-in oil". They are filled with regular oil at the factory and you can wait until 10,000 miles to change it. Early oil changes are nothing more than a "money maker" for the dealer.

That's interesting comment Murphy. The dealership is giving that for "free" since I bought the car from them .

Seems like I'm being scammed here as they will just park the car and bring it out in an hour. lol.

Unless they do some other checks at the same time on systems for say out of the box failures.

The other thing that bugs me is that the mechanic admitted they use semi syn oil and needs to be changed at 7,500 miles.

The other thing that bugs me is that the mechanic admitted they use semi syn oil and needs to be changed at 7,500 miles.

Everything is possible but the manual and service instructions call for a certain type of oil ( I think it's 5W20 ) which allows for a 10000 miles oil change interval.

They would not service the car to Ford specifications if they use lower grade oil.

That's interesting comment Murphy. The dealership is giving that for "free" since I bought the car from them .

Seems like I'm being scammed here as they will just park the car and bring it out in an hour. lol.

Unless they do some other checks at the same time on systems for say out of the box failures.

From page 306 of my Owner's Manual.

"Use of synthetic or synthetic blend motor oil is not mandatory. Engine oil need only meet the requirements of Ford specification WSS-M2C945-A, SAE 5W-20, and display the API certification mark."

Nowhere in the manual does it say it has to be changed earlier if synthetic oil is not used.

It's 12 months or 10,000 miles whichever comes first.

The oil monitor in the car will warn you if it needs to be done earlier although I suspect the monitor is nothing more than a time and distance clock.

They want you there so they can try to find something else to sell to you.

I've never found a dealer that did free oil changes.

Not only wasn't it free but the first oil change on my 2010 Fusion hybrid resulted in the engine cover and hood liner being destroyed by a low paid guy that didn't know what he was doing. They replaced both of those for free when they realized how upset I was at their incompetance. I no longer patronize that dealer.

Edited by murphy

Does anyone change oil, pads and rotors or clean filters etc on ffh13? please post images. I liked to change my own full syn oil would love to know on jack locations under the car safe to do that. Not a big fan of semi syn motorcraft oil. any concerns If I put Pennzoil full syn or Mobil version of same? please share your comments, experiences.

I posted a couple new threads in the past - I do not do in-depth stuff by any means.

Changing oil: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5886-oil-change-info-for-2013-hybrid/

Air filter: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/7126-2013-air-filter-replacement/

Coming soon is cabin air filter, hope to try that one soon and post some pics.

You shouldn't need to change pads and rotors for a long time. They should easily last over 100,000 miles even in predominantly city driving because of regenerative braking. We have 16,000 miles on our car, about 7000 city miles and 9000 miles on two road trips and when I just recently had the oil changed the dealer commented on how the brake pads are basically brand new still, hardly worn at all.

That's great, one less thing to worry about. I wish the owners manual had more a details. I was told there are Belfast and filters to replace. Maybe Chilton would come out with a service manual.

That's great, one less thing to worry about. I wish the owners manual had more a details. I was told there are Belfast and filters to replace. Maybe Chilton would come out with a service manual.

Chilton is now working on the '13 Fords...including Fusion. There is no current time table for it to come out. It will not be in a manual, but online DIY.

There's a lot of talk about changing the cabin air filters. I may be wrong, but I believe Ford recommends changing at 30,000 miles. I haven't seen anyone who has posted they have 30K miles yet. Why such a hurry to change it now?

There's a lot of talk about changing the cabin air filters. I may be wrong, but I believe Ford recommends changing at 30,000 miles. I haven't seen anyone who has posted they have 30K miles yet. Why such a hurry to change it now?

I'm at 21k now, will change it if I can get in there - I waited for 30k on my 2010 and that thing was pretty grimy - so I'd like to get a look at it if possible and will try and take some pic (if I am successful), unless someone else beats me to it (be my guest, make it easier for me).