Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

FFH Warm Up Stages

Fusion Hybrid Warm Up Period Efficient Operation

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   BoatDrinksQ5

BoatDrinksQ5

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

oh, just the basic gauge indicator on the dash.   

seems like when it shows about 20% left on the dash it will hardly allow any pedal pressure without the engine starting.   My thought at first was that in cooler temperatures the car (even with hvac off) knows that the battery is super low, so it might as well turn engine on to get temperature up even without a demand for more power.    But that doesn't jive with the noted sequence above or efficiency.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#62 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 656 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

Smart Gauge 20% = ScanGauge II 38% approx. ;)  In normal use EV works between 38% and 50%, you go much above that and EV assist comes on. :)  

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 13 March 2017 - 12:55 PM.

• BoatDrinksQ5 likes this

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

#63 OFFLINE   Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Mondeo 2.0H
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

If I understand correctly, in S1a the ICE is not supposed to power the wheels. However, in my car this doesn't seem to be the case. Immediately after a cold start my Engage screen shows that the ICE is driving the wheels, and the upper arrow above the battery gauge is displayed while the car is moving.

The electric motor drives the wheels if I happen to be reversing, but as soon as I switch to D the blue bar disappears, and the ICE takes over.

Maybe there was a change in the algorithm in the meantime? Could the latest models be programmed differently? Or am I missing anything?

Edited by Vlad Soare, 12 March 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#64 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,463 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

It is physically impossible for the ICE to move the car in reverse.

If the HVB charge level is too low then the ICE must be used.  They will never let the HVB get below a minimum level.  The HVB is what starts the ICE.  If the HVB got discharged the car would be dead since there would be no way to start the ICE.

#65 OFFLINE   talmy

talmy

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 130 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

If I understand correctly, in S1a the ICE is not supposed to power the wheels. However, in my car this doesn't seem to be the case. Immediately after a cold start my Engage screen shows that the ICE is driving the wheels, and the upper arrow above the battery gauge is displayed while the car is moving.

Don't get too carried away with all of this. All of those states (S1a, for instance) are from Toyota documentation. Our Camry Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid are programmed completely different even though the basic design of the engine/drive train are the same!

• ptjones and Frank F like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fusion Hybrid, Warm Up Period, Efficient Operation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·