Sign in to follow this  
Geremy13

Does My Car Stop by Itself when I'm Backing Up?....

Does My Car Stop by Itself when I'm Backing Up?....

I have the backup camera and BLIS and warnings when someone is walking behind my car. Will it STOP all by itself if I'm going to hit them? Me and the wife were wondering about this .....

And so as an experiment I asked her to stand behind the car and I will slowly backup the car until it stops by itself!....

But then,,, just then,,,, it occurred to us... what if the car mal-functions and doesn't stop the car like it's suppose to.

Then we traded places a few times and then we thought,,, what if it doesn't even come with this feature........

Therefore, the question. Does My Car Stop by Itself when I'm Backing Up?....

LOL! No, it doesn't stop by itself. You may need an alternate plan! :stirpot:

WOW,,, thanks for the input.

So, what are you suggesting? To accomplish this task.. Should I stand behind the car or the wife. We are concerned that flipping the quarter might end up with one of being hurt.

Obviously I will be hurt either way..... BUT... I do see that when someone gets really close to the car that it shows up on the backup screen in the RED area and the sounds beep much faster............

Just us a flag or a towel or something soft on a stick that your wife can hold at rear bumper height that should work.

As djminfll said it won't stop itself I can actually test this every night coming home. There is a grass bush when I back in to my driveway and the car is already making a solid peep sound and shows the rear left corner red but doesn't stop me from going further.

It will stop eventually, when it hits something. The reverse sensor system works great, but it will not stop the vehicle.

This reminds me of a recent episode of Top Gear where Jeremy realized his car would automatically brake if it were approaching an obstacle at a high speed. He tested it against his co-host's (James) vehicle only to end up breaking the feont end intercooler.

Just when you think you've everything. If you're really insisting on trying this out....please use my ex-wife.

Excellent Idea!!! .... I've been curious and was going to just put a box behind the car and see if it would stop.... but now I'm going to use your Ex-wife..... because this Car is so Smart that it might realize that it's just a box and won't stop.... but your Ex-Wife would be the true test.

Of course, she will have to sign a waiver and disclaimer, and as a precaution we will get a short term life insurance policy with myself being the beneficiary. Oh,,, if you want in on this send me a PM.......

You have been watching buik commercials! LOL There are a few cars out that will stop while backing up, but only as long as it is under 3 MPH, otherwise, SQUISH. From what I heard, the 2014or 25 Focus will have City Stop where it will stop the car if something gets in front of you and you are traveling 30 MPH or lower. Aside from that, none of the Ford or Lincolns have reverse stop features.

Excellent Idea!!! .... I've been curious and was going to just put a box behind the car and see if it would stop.... but now I'm going to use your Ex-wife..... because this Car is so Smart that it might realize that it's just a box and won't stop.... but your Ex-Wife would be the true test.

Of course, she will have to sign a waiver and disclaimer, and as a precaution we will get a short term life insurance policy with myself being the beneficiary. Oh,,, if you want in on this send me a PM.......

Thanks for doing me a solid. No need for a waiver....she has a broom.

This reminds me of a recent episode of Top Gear where Jeremy realized his car would automatically brake if it were approaching an obstacle at a high speed. He tested it against his co-host's (James) vehicle only to end up breaking the feont end intercooler.

Did you see the episode where Jeremy was driving a Mercedes 500 class and he was able to use the ACC to drive into London without touching his brakes? Even slowed down on a round about and stopped completely behind the stopped car ahead of it.

Just a matter time and all the mommies can just stare at their phones while taking their kids to their activities as her kids are staring down at their phones and no one has a conversation.