keithsm2

HID HeadLights

Has anyone converted the current headlights to true HID bulbs??

Thanks

Keith

post-11741-0-44266400-1376515564_thumb.jpg

Invisible bra also on bumper not showing also on external mirrors

Left side of car showing mud flaps

post-11741-0-98113900-1376515565_thumb.jpg

protective layer below trunk

post-11741-0-25720500-1376515567_thumb.jpg

remote starter, must hit clockwise arrow 2x and then unlock car, msg on screen says put key in and start. You must be extremely close to hear engine and pushing remote starter

Upper left of window shows receiver

post-11741-0-25295100-1376515734_thumb.jpg

Edited by IraF

attachicon.gifinvisible bra.jpg

Invisible bra also on bumper not showing also on external mirrors

Left side of car showing mud flaps

attachicon.gifleft side.jpg

protective layer below trunk

attachicon.gifprotective layer.jpg

remote starter, must hit clockwise arrow 2x and then unlock car, msg on screen says put key in and start. You must be extremely close to hear engine and pushing remote starter

Upper left of window shows receiver

attachicon.gifremote starter.jpg

??

What is difficult to understand about modifications.

Instead of regular Bra an invisible bra on hood, bumper and external mirrors and the thickness is less then credit card thickness and in fact they are getting away from two piece bra's

Shows mudflaps

Below trunk is a protective layer so if an item comes out of trunk and comes in contact with top of rear bumper it does not scratch the rear.

Remote Starter with receiver (self explanatory)

??

Edited by IraF

I haven't done the conversion (though I did purchase the bulbs and ballasts to do so), but I found a link to a guide here. Personally though I'm considering waiting a little longer until something like this or

is available for our cars (my wife and I can just use my car at night until then; yes, I think our headlights are that bad). It will cost more but at least the first option would be street legal and wouldn't blind oncoming traffic. Edited by Aquineas

LED's here ;)

Do you have a picture by chance? How's the light output of the LEDs compared to stock?

What is difficult to understand about modifications.

Instead of regular Bra an invisible bra on hood, bumper and external mirrors and the thickness is less then credit card thickness and in fact they are getting away from two piece bra's

Shows mudflaps

Below trunk is a protective layer so if an item comes out of trunk and comes in contact with top of rear bumper it does not scratch the rear.

Remote Starter with receiver (self explanatory)

??

It difficult to understand what those mods had to do with HID Headlamps.... :headscratch:

I haven't done the conversion (though I did purchase the bulbs and ballasts to do so), but I found a link to a guide here. Personally though I'm considering waiting a little longer until something like this or

is available for our cars (my wife and I can just use my car at night until then; yes, I think our headlights are that bad). It will cost more but at least the first option would be street legal and wouldn't blind oncomin

i like the second option.......look bad arse!.......I did something like that to and expedition i had and never was satisfied with the fit and finish....so was hoping to just mod. the ones we have....but those would make me think twice!!!....THanks

i like the second option.......look bad arse!.......I did something like that to and expedition i had and never was satisfied with the fit and finish....so was hoping to just mod. the ones we have....but those would make me think twice!!!....THanks

Yeah those angel-eyes really do look fantastic, but my concern would be the amount of light they'd put out. I'm not sure if they're HIDs or not, and if not, how much of a difference that would make

I have a mkz so stock it came with leds. Don't know if there's a way to modify them into the fusion but my guess is they would be expensive.

Personally though I'm considering waiting a little longer until something like this or

is available for our cars (my wife and I can just use my car at night until then; yes, I think our headlights are that bad). It will cost more but at least the first option would be street legal and wouldn't blind oncoming traffic.

I wish the FFH came with LED daytime running lights. I think if there were an option for the 2013 FFH like the first link I'd be seriously considering to buy them. I also dream of the day when we could get full LED headlights. Just think of never having to change a headlight again. They are always a royal pain in the you know what to change out because of all the stuff in the way of getting to them.

I have HID in my Flex and I always get flashed by other drivers thinking I have my high's on. I do like how they light up the road.

I have HID in my Flex and I always get flashed by other drivers thinking I have my high's on. I do like how they light up the road.

Yeah I've had them ever since 2003 or so when my 2003 Altima SE came with them. It makes such a difference, especially on some of the 2 lane country roads I drive on that I really don't consider it an option to not have them.

I wish the FFH came with LED daytime running lights. I think if there were an option for the 2013 FFH like the first link I'd be seriously considering to buy them. I also dream of the day when we could get full LED headlights. Just think of never having to change a headlight again. They are always a royal pain in the you know what to change out because of all the stuff in the way of getting to them.

I'm not looking forward to the day my warranty runs out and my LED headlamps die. Will have to take out a second mortgage to buy the replacement! ;)

Edited by SteveB_TX

I'm not looking forward to the day my warranty runs out and my LED headlamps die. Will have to take out a second mortgage to buy the replacement! ;)

Don't worry, by that time everything else on your FFH would have worn out first.

Don't worry, by that time everything else on your FFH would have worn out first.

MKZh! Not FFH!! Just sayin... :)

Anywho, at $1786.22 each, I hope they last longer than the rest of the car.

Edited by SteveB_TX

I noticed that my FFH SE had Halogens ( just purchased a used 2013 ). I've put HIDs in my previous daily driver but without the projector lens. I noticed that the FFH has the projector lens, so I'm thinking it should be fairly easy to put the same kind of HID kit in the FFH as I did for my daily driver. Anyone concur on that?

I noticed that my FFH SE had Halogens ( just purchased a used 2013 ). I've put HIDs in my previous daily driver but without the projector lens. I noticed that the FFH has the projector lens, so I'm thinking it should be fairly easy to put the same kind of HID kit in the FFH as I did for my daily driver. Anyone concur on that?

See this link.

MKZh! Not FFH!! Just sayin... :)

Anywho, at $1786.22 each, I hope they last longer than the rest of the car.

By the time they have an issue I see a nice new MKZ hybrid being out to upgrade too lol

is available for our cars (my wife and I can just use my car at night until then; yes, I think our headlights are that bad). It will cost more but at least the first option would be street legal and wouldn't blind oncoming traffic.

Our 13's have a shutter to limit light towards drivers of oncomming traffic so any hid mod shouldn't make it any worse to them

Our 13's have a shutter to limit light towards drivers of oncomming traffic so any hid mod shouldn't make it any worse to them

Hmm I dunno. I haven't done the conversion or seen it in person, but I will say that this looks pretty bright to me.

i did the conversion and they are bright and i get flashed almost all the time because they arent meant for HID and those aftermarket lights have the worst output so dont waste you money on that if you want good HID lights look into retrofit

i did the conversion and they are bright and i get flashed almost all the time because they arent meant for HID and those aftermarket lights have the worst output so dont waste you money on that if you want good HID lights look into retrofit

Thanks for the info Da0ne. Yeah my inclination is to wait; we don't drive a lot at night as it is, and if we must, we'll take the Genesis.