Eddie Sessum

Front sensors beeping when stopped during rain?

This has never happened to me before. If it happens repeatedly, I'd bring it in for service. One thing I've found with the FFH is that it seems to have quite a few intermittent little gremlins, but nothing permanent.

This has never happened to me before. If it happens repeatedly, I'd bring it in for service. One thing I've found with the FFH is that it seems to have quite a few intermittent little gremlins, but nothing permanent.

Yes definitely! I have seen warnings flash in my left side display that are so short, I can't even tell what warning it is. Happens a bunch in short succession once in a while.

And indeed, when it happened last week, it was raining in semi-heavy traffic. Did not continue, but drove me nuts for a brief period. I am not even sure what the warning

was, but it did not stay on for more than 1 sec and disappeared on it's own, then came back 10 seconds later.

I do sometimes get the "driver rest" warning when I am switching lanes alot or the road has some construction and moving around between lanes. Silly thing thinks I am

about to fall asleep!

I do sometimes get the "driver rest" warning when I am switching lanes alot or the road has some construction and moving around between lanes. Silly thing thinks I am

about to fall asleep!

That's because you are not using your turn signal when changing lanes.

Has anybody else seen this or do you think maybe one of my sensors are bad?

Happened to me on Friday for the first time. I was sitting in traffic during a downpour and about 2 or 3 times the beep went off over the course of an hour.

They use acoustic waves to detect objects and rain can mess with them if heavy enough. You should see how the ACC can freak out when heavy water is sprayed in front while driving. Shuts down entirely for about 20 minutes, no cruise. I have had the front sensors go off when coming to a stop, with nothing in front of me on a bright clear day too.

Which is why my HyTi doesn't have APA, don't need it, didn't care for all the noise.

On my morning commute I had the message about the ACC sensor was blocked and so the cruise control was disabled. Heavy rain and water on the road. I assume it will work again this afternoon.

On my morning commute I had the message about the ACC sensor was blocked and so the cruise control was disabled. Heavy rain and water on the road. I assume it will work again this afternoon.

Yep. It disables when it gets a wall in front of it. I dont know though if water actually is getting into the device, or it just goes into failsafe when that happens. It has a 1-15 or so minute timer before it reactivates, or you shut the car off.