mokee

Customer Satisfaction Program

Wow, I have no complaints about my dealer, sales or service. In fact I stop by once in a while just to chat with them.

I thought I was the only one that did that.

I don't live in the Midwest. I bought both my cars from the same dealer and wouldn't even consider looking anywhere else. For me it's the service as I buy A or Z Plan and the price of the car is the same anywhere in the U.S.

Edited by hermans

For me it's the service as I buy A or Z Plan and the price of the car is the same anywhere in the U.S.

I wish I could say I agree with you. I bought with Z plan - ordered the car for one amount, Ford increased the price while I was waiting for the car, my dealer passed on the additional cost to me. I later got a refund check, but it didn't cover the full amount. A couple weeks after that Ford generated a new window sticker showing a price lower than when I originally ordered for. I'm still waiting for the dealer to send me the refund for the additional amount.

Edited by neod192

I would be living in their accounting office. My dealer has really nice restrooms, free coffee and pop and they have free hotdogs, popcorn and hamburgers. I would wait them out. They should have cut you a check at the time of delivery.

I'm a bit frustrated with service at dealers.

I just brought in the FFH for a couple of issues.

1) Customer Satisfaction Program software patch.

2) Bad plastic trim on Driver door between the glass panes. Popping out.

3) Trunk closing with the spoiler when rainy. TSB

Figured to get it all at once.

Called 2 weeks ahead.

Told them all 3 issues in detail as they requested.

4PM, I get the call.

Low and behold.

All parts must be ordered.

Can any dealer service ever have the parts on hand?

They had 2 weeks to get the 2 parts.

Chrysler was the same. So it's not a FORD issue only.

Leave it overnite or lose your spot in the queue.

Just seems like a bad system for service to me.

A note to webmaster:

Why is there no Service topic Forum.

Chrysler was the same. So it's not a FORD issue only.

Leave it overnite or lose your spot in the queue.

Just seems like a bad system for service to me.

I HATE this. The most recent incident at my soon to be ex-service department had them ordering more parts (for the 4th time, ridiculous). This time they knew the parts would come relatively quickly, so they wanted me to leave my car there. For like 2-3 more days. Meanwhile they had given me a big, ugly, green 2012 Taurus. I drive 75 miles a day, and you want me to pay for the gas in this tank of a vehicle while my car sits in your lot collecting dust? (My issues were trim related, car was fine to drive). So I obviously took my car back, but now the parts come in 3 days later and I have to wait another few days for them to schedule me in for installation. I should be able to take it in as soon as the parts arrive, just like it had been sitting on their lot like they wanted.

All parts must be ordered. Can any dealer service ever have the parts on hand?They had 2 weeks to get the 2 parts.

Chrysler was the same. So it's not a FORD issue only. Leave it overnite or lose your spot in the queue. Just seems like a bad system for service to me.

When I saw the clicking/popping TSB released a couple months ago, I printed a copy of the TSB and went to the parts department at my dealer, asked if they could order them up front... they said nope, that they had to have an open repair order from which to order those parts. There is probably a different type of order code for them to use for bench-stock items to keep on hand for the future, but that apparently is complicated? Who knows...

I really get the impression that alot of service departments (not all) just want us silly people with our,

high tech, fancy, quirky hybridy things to go away.... they don't want to diagnose our flakey problems

and rather we drive a Mustang or F-150 or something less sophisticated...

They don't make alot of money on warranty work, so they avoid it, don't like diagnosing it, etc.

This has been my experience at some places (which I avoid), but not all.

However if the service department is well run, well trained and focused, none of these problems should

be an issue and alot of experience that as well. I remarked this "avoid warranty work" to the service

department I trust and they said "what about making customers happy" - no crap, hello.....?

At least some of them get it!

UPDATE:

I'm a bit frustrated with service at dealers.

I just brought in the FFH for a couple of issues.

1) Customer Satisfaction Program software patch.

2) Bad plastic trim on Driver door between the glass panes. Popping out.

3) Trunk closing with the spoiler when rainy. TSB

Figured to get it all at once.

Called 2 weeks ahead.

Told them all 3 issues in detail as they requested.

4PM, I get the call.

Low and behold.

All parts must be ordered.

Can any dealer service ever have the parts on hand?

They had 2 weeks to get the 2 parts.

24 hours later. Another saga........

They decided to glue the bad trim part back on.... why? It's back ordered. It wasn't back ordered yesterday.

Thats what was wrong the first time. They had glue all over it and the rubber molding when purchased.

Trunk lid torsion bars ....Only one bar arrived.

REordering it again...

If you take the car, You lose your place in the queue.

FORD Service - taking the Queue out of IQ.

That is absurd! The only time I've ever had to leave a car over night for any car was when bodywork was being done. Sounds like to me your dealer has a serious problem.

Edited by MaineFusion

When I saw the clicking/popping TSB released a couple months ago, I printed a copy of the TSB and went to the parts department at my dealer, asked if they could order them up front... they said nope, that they had to have an open repair order from which to order those parts. There is probably a different type of order code for them to use for bench-stock items to keep on hand for the future, but that apparently is complicated? Who knows...

I emailed my Service Advisor and asked him to notify me when the parts were in, he did, I went in, it was done - pretty straightforward. (Other than a little mistake by the tech, which got resolved at their expense.)

If you take your car in to fix specific things, confirm and confirm again before you get there that they have every part.

You should not be surprised that something isn't in stock when you are told it is. All the parts,

trim pieces, TSB parts, torsion bars, thrust washers - all have to be ordered, the dealers are not stocking these

items (for the most part). Wait if you have to until they are all there, then confirm again when you arrive and

leave your car.

Because of this, I am still trying to get my axle clicking fixed, still have the issue after dealer #1 fixed it, I told

them when done... I still have the noise, bring it back for the trunk bars (they did that) - what's the tire/axle

noise still? Oh, he rides with me, that's the "radial belts flexing" - service manager blew me off, I could not

talk with the mechanic.

So finally go to dealer #2 and play dumb - what's the noise I hear.

He says "I see other dealer already did this in history", but I said I still have the noise, what's going on, only did left side

as they only had 1 set of parts, that's all they ordered months ago. They check it and say, "you need the

other side done, why didn't they do both sides, the noise is coming from the passenger side" - so no waiting again for parts.

We're all having issues with these parts....besides wasting my time, which I don't mind too much, they waste Ford's

money and the service people just think we are all nut jobs!

If you take your car in to fix specific things, confirm and confirm again before you get there that they have every part. They check it and say, "you need the other side done, why didn't they do both sides, the noise is coming from the passenger side" - so no waiting again for parts.

We're all having issues with these parts....besides wasting my time, which I don't mind too much, they waste Ford's money and the service people just think we are all nut jobs!

I'm glad that mine was evaluated on my first visit (when I was there for the 13B07 PCM) and the hybrid tech Jeff (with the ZZ Top beard) said that he ordered the thrust washer kits for both sides, even though I only heard it on driver's side.

When I had it back a week later when the parts arrived, I didn't get ZZ Top this time (sadly), I got Joey (Tribbiani, apparently) who test drove the car for 21 miles (and drove like a gorilla, based on how much the MPG went down) and said he could not hear the noise, but replaced them anyway. I could make that thing pop like a Pringles can on demand anytime, yet he said he never heard it.

Now visit #3 will be for the fuel delivery recall when parts are more plentiful, who knows what character I will encounter then.

All he needed to do was drive it around the dealer lot. You're not going to hear it driving like a gorilla.

All he needed to do was drive it around the dealer lot. You're not going to hear it driving like a gorilla.

Exactly! I was not with him during the driving, or else I would have asked him to let me drive and I'd easily let him hear the popping. But what do I know, just another dumb customer that must be hearing things. I'll have to request ZZ Top by name next time.

Exactly! I was not with him during the driving, or else I would have asked him to let me drive and I'd easily let him hear the popping. But what do I know, just another dumb customer that must be hearing things. I'll have to request ZZ Top by name next time.

Do you sometimes get the feeling that even though Ford issued a TSB, Recall or FSA on these things that certain Service individuals still want to be the sheriff and 'catch' you in a mistake?

Ford said there was a problem, doesn't matter if it pops or cracks when the Tech drives it (21 miles??), they are not the judge of the repair.

My normal Service Advisor was absent on my last visit (vacation? no fair!) to my great Dealer and I got his relief/partner.

I'd gotten complaisant because my normal Service Advisor is on top of things and frankly, is not afraid to ask me questions.

In this case, I had to look over this other fellow's shoulder at his service console and tell him to scroll down to see the PCM update, he'd never heard of it.

After that things moved rapidly and he really was a very nice young man, there is a lot to know. But still.....

The average member on this forum is better informed than most Ford salespersons and Service Advisors regarding our FFH's.

It is a good thing to be armed with the Ford repair data before we show up.

Edited by GrySql

The average member on this forum is better informed than most Ford salespersons and Service Advisors regarding our FFH's.

It is a good thing to be armed with the Ford repair data before we show up.

Yes, definitely, and they think we're all nuts! You'd think when a guy walks in there in with a TSB in hand,

they'd give him some credit for knowing his car, but that's not the way the average customer works,

but they don't respond to that. I was ask if I go "looking for problems?" - I dare not mention these forums!

Most service guys are very curt and short with you, they are very busy and don't have time for

chit-chat. Can't talk to the mechanics for a minute or two, that would solve half the issues.

So we push onwards.

Yes, definitely, and they think we're all nuts! You'd think when a guy walks in there in with a TSB in hand,

they'd give him some credit for knowing his car, but that's not the way the average customer works,

but they don't respond to that. I was ask if I go "looking for problems?" - I dare not mention these forums!

Most service guys are very curt and short with you, they are very busy and don't have time for

chit-chat. Can't talk to the mechanics for a minute or two, that would solve half the issues.

So we push onwards.

Hence we tend to drift away from dealer service and go independent shops that depend on providing good service to maintain a steady business. In my case, my trusted shop is owned by my best friend. The primary reason I'm going to the dealer instead of my best friend is because of service bulletins and warranty work.

Update.2

day 3:

No parts again. queue or no queue.

Took the car, Wont return there till all parts are in hand.

72 hours for a software update.

Not too impressive service.

In my case, my trusted shop is owned by my best friend. The primary reason I'm going to the dealer instead of my best friend is because of service bulletins and warranty work.

My case too, my good friend has an independent shop, the FFH goes to the dealer for warranty work.

My Mustang GT goes to his shop, we're doing some mod's right now, suspension tuning - great fun.