mokee

Customer Satisfaction Program

So, I got the 13B07 letter yesterday per the PCM "calibration". The day before my salesman called to ask me how satisfied I was with our 2013 FFH. I assured him we loved the car despite the strange noises it makes, the "service action" for the shifter, the recall for the fuel delivery whatever and his non-action on the promise of helping find a suitable spare. The call sounded like he was on a speaker phone, and my general impression was he wasn't interested in my viewpoints. Obviously, thinking about the call doesn't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling. It left me with the impression the sales guy was completing a chore.

Just curious - Have any other FFHers received the letter and had a call from the dealer about the time the letter arrived?

I received calls from my salesman at 1, 2, and 3 months of ownership intervals just to check in and see how I was getting along. I don't think it had anything to do with the customer satisfaction bulletins. I haven't received my letter for 13B07 yet though, so if he calls I'll update. I'm also not using his service department for the first time since I bought the car so we'll see how that affects things.

I received my letter yesterday two days after I had the update done ;-)

I'm so glad I signed up for this forum it seem like you are always one step ahead.

I have not yet received a letter about the PCM update. The Fuel Delivery Module letter just arrived last week. I have not received any calls from my salesman. He did ask me about the car when I saw him while in for service. But that was because I sought him out to greet him.

I received the 13B07 letter a couple days ago, along with the insert about 'Tips For Best MPG' or whatever it was called, have it next to the printer and was going to scan it and post here for viewing by others who have not gotten a letter or won't get one for whatever reason...

Edit - Scanned it, here is what arrived in the mail -

13B07ajpg_zpsdb3cb9aa.jpg

13B07bjpg_zps1c99d043.jpg

13B07djpg_zps672dca72.jpg

13B07cjpg_zps831066a0.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

I also received my 13B07 letter in the mail yesterday Wednesday 8/7 after work. I already had my car scheduled go go to the dealer today Thursday 8/8 for the clicking/pop noise repair and the 13B07 PCM software upgrade, I already completed the SYNC Gen 2 V3.6.2 upgrade the night before.

Edited by gmarshall

Scheduled my update today for next Weds 8/14. Got my letter today after I made the appt. No calls from the selling dealer. Oh well. ;)

Edited by SteveB_TX

So, I got the 13B07 letter yesterday per the PCM "calibration". The day before my salesman called to ask me how satisfied I was with our 2013 FFH. I assured him we loved the car despite the strange noises it makes, the "service action" for the shifter, the recall for the fuel delivery whatever and his non-action on the promise of helping find a suitable spare. The call sounded like he was on a speaker phone, and my general impression was he wasn't interested in my viewpoints. Obviously, thinking about the call doesn't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling. It left me with the impression the sales guy was completing a chore.

Just curious - Have any other FFHers received the letter and had a call from the dealer about the time the letter arrived?

I have received multiple calls; my salesman, the sales manager and the owner. I have also received 3 email invites to do surveys. My dealer did the update when it was in for a Sync issue. I have not received a letter on the update.

Edited by Sleddog

No letter yet for the PCM update. Will wait until I get it before I schedule for the update as I am quite happy with my present mileage. I have only heard from my salesman twice, both by Email. The first time he asked that I refer any new buyer prospects I might know to him. The second contact was a happy birthday wish.

Update: Got the letter in today (8-9-13) mail. Will call service department next week to make an appointment.

Edited by DeeCee

I got the update yesterday, and the letter today.

My dealer is happy I dont show up, thats all they need to know to know how I am with the car. :)

Letter today, emailed service dept to make an appointment and mentioned the letter, got auto email thanking me for my "interest in a new Ford" (sigh), got phone call from service dept to make appointment, what did I need done? I mentioned the letter, was told it was a recall, ...anywho, appointment is next Tuesday. Comp'd rental not offered for recalls. Wifi available in waiting room.

Letter today, emailed service dept to make an appointment and mentioned the letter, got auto email thanking me for my "interest in a new Ford" (sigh), got phone call from service dept to make appointment, what did I need done? I mentioned the letter, was told it was a recall,

They only hear/read what they want to hear/read... last week I submitted an online request for several items, one of which was the 13S04 fuel delivery recall for which I noted that I didn't smell fuel so just needed to get a work order opened so the part could be ordered. The service advisor called me and said "we don't have that part on hand yet, we will have to order it" (duh.. like I wrote in my request) - and they also ordered the thrust washer kits for each axle for the 13-5-24 TSB.

So a couple days ago I get a voicemail saying "your parts are in, please call to schedule a time for us to install them"... I call back and asked-

Me - which parts are in?

Him - we have all the parts in and just need to schedule a time to install them

Me - Wow I didn't think the 13S04 recall were in full supply yet

Him - Yep, well we will get you all fixed up

Me - Really? Even for the fuel delivery recall for 13S04?

Him - OHHH, no we don't have those in stock yet, but we have the washer kits now (I think he and I have a different definition of the phrase 'all the parts')

So that TSB is getting fixed now, no idea if the leather shifter knob was ever ordered, as we also talked about last week - afraid to ask as it may be too much to handle.

Edited by jeff_h

I set up an appointment with the service dept yesterday to have the 10,000 mile oil change (actual is 8800 mi), and then to also send the FFH around to the different service departments so that they can verify and order parts - leather shifter knob, thrust washer kits, fuel module. Keeping in mind that my service dept doesn't necessarily have the best track record in this area, I was very surprised to hear yesterday that the oil change was done, and the thrust washer kits had been delivered (in less than 2 hours). Not wanting to lose out on the opportunity (since the thrust washer kits will be likely be gone if I reschedule), I was given an overnight rental car (a non-hybrid Fusion) and they are planning on completing the Ping Pong Ball fix (TSB 13-5-24) as well as possibly installing the shifter (13B03) AND the fuel module (13S04)!

I am not one for counting chickens before they hatch, so we will see. But the dealership's reputation would sure have a satisfied customer here giving praise if they can pull all of that off today. (fingers crossed)

They only hear/read what they want to hear/read... last week I submitted an online request for several items, one of which was the 13S04 fuel delivery recall for which I noted that I didn't smell fuel so just needed to get a work order opened so the part could be ordered. The service advisor called me and said "we don't have that part on hand yet, we will have to order it" (duh.. like I wrote in my request) - and they also ordered the thrust washer kits for each axle for the 13-5-24 TSB.

So a couple days ago I get a voicemail saying "your parts are in, please call to schedule a time for us to install them"... I call back and asked-

Me - which parts are in?

Him - we have all the parts in and just need to schedule a time to install them

Me - Wow I didn't think the 13S04 recall were in full supply yet

Him - Yep, well we will get you all fixed up

Me - Really? Even for the fuel delivery recall for 13S04?

Him - OHHH, no we don't have those in stock yet, but we have the washer kits now (I think he and I have a different definition of the phrase 'all the parts')

So that TSB is getting fixed now, no idea if the leather shifter knob was ever ordered, as we also talked about last week - afraid to ask as it may be too much to handle.

Push too hard and their heads might do that thing like in the Matrix. zZZZZZINNG POW!

And to answer the OP's question, I just got the Ford PCM letter on Saturday. Since I had already had the update completed on 7/31, I guess I didn't give the service department a chance to call me about it. However, I would feel comfortable in guessing that they would not have given me a call.

My salesman never took any effort to follow up with us after we took delivery and didn't seem all that interested when I ran into him at the dealer. The service department is really very pleasant to deal with, unfortunately they have also totally gotten to know me because I've been in way too often for issues. In an ideal world, I should have only seen them once for my first oil change a couple weeks ago, however since I took delivery in February I've been in the shop for one issue or another seven or eight times now and have to go back in in another week or two once parts are in.

I told them that many more visits and they'd start to show up on my EV+ list. They didn't know what that was.

You all know the bad experiences I had with Pompano Ford, my dealership, including the PCM update.

After it was done INCORRECTLY, I got an email satisfaction survey from them. I gave the all "1", meaning TOTALLY UNSATISFIED. In the section for comments, I wrote:

I will not be bringing my Ford Fusion Hybrid back to Pompano Ford any more, because each time I have done so, the service technicians have failed to correct the issues.
I have brought it in THREE TIMES due to Express up and down windows not working properly. Each time, the tech "could not duplicate the problem" so nothing was done to correct it.
I brought the vehicle in twice to have the Ford software update completed, and both times it was not done correctly. The car continued to have a maximum EV speed of 62mph. When I brought it back a second time, they kept the car THREE DAYS in order to make sure it was "done right". During that time, they also addressed the problem of the windows again. During both of these services, I was given a Hertz rental which was a two year old Lincoln Town Car with weak A/C, body damage and broken hardware inside. I asked for a different car the second time and was told this was what they had to give me because I was not paying for it.
When I came back on the third day, I was told that the software update was already done and couldn't be repeated. Also, the windows were supposedly reprogrammed and should work correctly. For my trouble, they were giving my car the "Lincoln wash", including vacuuming the interior and cleaning the console. I got the car back, wet from the wash, not dried, not vacuumed, not cleaned.
I called to complain and spoke to the service manager who told me to bring the car in on Monday (today) to drive it with the tech on board.
I was so frustrated by the total incompetence of the service department that I called AutoNation Ford who asked me to bring the car in the next day. I met with one of their Hybrid technicians and advised what had happened. He said that the update can only be done once and he would check if it had been done by Pompano Ford. Guess what? Pompano Ford FAILED to perform the update, because as soon as he attached my car to the computer, it started to download the new software. It took TWO HOURS instead of THREE DAYS, and it was done correctly. My vehicle now goes into EV mode at speeds well above 62mph and my fuel economy has improved dramatically.
And guess what else? My express power windows continue to malfunction intermittently. So what did your Service Department do with my car for three days? NOTHING!
I responded to a previous survey as well, letting you know that my experience was particularly disappointing, especially because the Sales experience was outstanding. Brian Jewell is the first car salesman I have dealt with that I would look forward to doing business with again, and the entire Sales experience was positive. I completed that survey with 5 stars. But I will never bring my car back to Pompano Ford for service. I am sorry to say that everyone I came in contact with either didnt know what they were doing, didn't care, or both.

That was August 9th, and nobody from Pompano Ford has contacted me. Am I surprised? NO, that's why I'm taking the car to AutoNation from now on - they are much closer, they did a great job on the software update, and they seemed like they appreciate my business much more than Pompano Ford does.

Ouch that was a hit right into the liver area that must hurt when they read this but apparently it doesn't since they didn't even bother calling you to address the issue.

It just proves that once they have your $$$ they don't care about you. So it's their loss, not mine.

My two local dealers are owned by the playboy sons of the original owner, the man who built up the business.

They let others run the dealerships and have some very sour people in Sales and Service.

My first time for service I asked the Service Advisor if they were 'hybrid qualified', he answered "I think so", then proceeded to open the hood and say, "wow, never seen one of these before".

What do you think I was thinking about then? --> Help!

They kept the car overnight (no loaner - "are you kidding" when I asked) and did a master reset of the car and told me that was all they could do.

I went back one more time to see if I could get the 'leather shifter' for my 505 package put in, the Service Dept said I needed to talk to Sales (?).

A Sales Manager told me to go to the Dealer I bought it from, that wasn't their problem because I didn't buy it from them.

He said he could care less who serviced my car, I walked back to service and repeated what was said to me and the Service guys answer was "those Sales guys were jerks".

I think I uttered a few uncomplimentary words about then, packed my camel and left the cigarette smoke stained Service Lobby.

I then did a search of all the reviews of the 5 closest Ford Dealer Service departments near me and the reviews sounded bleak, 2 & 3 stars out of 5.

So, I now drive a bunch of miles to the 2102 Ford President's Award as the best Service Department in all of Ford USA, it's worth the hassle.

It's also a crying shame I have to.

Edited by GrySql

My two local dealers are owned by the playboy sons of the original owner, the man who built up the business.

They let others run the dealerships and have some very sour people in Sales and Service.

My first time for service I asked the Service Advisor if they were 'hybrid qualified', he answered "I think so", then proceeded to open the hood and say, 'wow, never seen one of these before".

What do you think I was thinking about then? --> Help!

They kept the car overnight (no loaner - "are you kidding" when I asked) and did a master reset of the car and told me that was all they could do.

I went back one more time to see if I could get the 'leather shifter' for my 505 package put in, the Service Dept said I needed to talk to Sales (?).

A Sales Manager told me to go to the Dealer I bought it from, that wasn't their problem because I didn't buy it from them.

He said he could care less who serviced my car, I walked back to service and repeated that and they said those Sales guys were jerks.

I think I uttered a few uncomplimentary words about then, packed my camel and left the cigarette smoke stained Service Lobby.

I then did a search of all the reviews of the 5 closest Ford Dealer Service departments near me and the reviews sounded bleak.

So, I now drive a bunch of miles to the 2102 Ford President's Award as the best Service Department in all of Ford USA, it's worth the hassle.

It's also a crying shame I have to.

How sad that this is what service is like today - hardly anyone cares anymore after the sale. If the salesman commission was withheld until after the first service satisfaction survey came back, things might change. I know this is probably not possible, but it would be customer friendly.

The 2 dealers around here are interesting. The one I bought the car from is great in sales, no complaints there... but it's really tough to schedule service with them and they have never fixed a problem the first time I brought the car in, and twice they've added more issues. I think I'm done with that service department. On the flip side, the other dealer is a much smaller, local place. They had no interest in selling me a car. Not willing to help me find what I wanted and I still haven't received a call back from them when they said they would in Feb. However the service department is efficient and friendly. Only downside is they don't have any type of loaner/rental fleet. But they are within biking distance to my home so, that's okay.