Just did the renewal dance once again, called them for my car that was renewing tomorrow, told them no I would rather cancel than to renew at the regular rates, but would go for another 6-month subscription of they wanted to do that.

Lady said no sorry that rate is not available anymore, but if I wanted to go month-by-month the cost would be $14.99 per month, I said no thanks.

She then said OK sorry to see you go, let me xfer you to the department that handles the closeout... I was surprised that I didn't get the normal song & dance.

Then the next operator comes on and asks why I was cancelling, I said regular rates too high, she said well we have annual plan for $89 if I wanted that instead (OK we are now back on script, was thinking it was really "over" this time) for total cost with taxes and fees of $105...

I said no thanks that's still too high, I saw an offer on TV of $5 per month -- she said OK we have special of 5 months for $25, I said OK go ahead and do that, total cost with taxes and fees $30.

So now I have my outlook reminder for 3 days shy of '5' months instead of '6' months....

.... I can hear the same music going to work and coming home.... Just like my local radio stations.

Sirius does that intentionally, that is playing the same songs in a daily rotating list, for a certain period of time. One reason is that most people want to hear the hits they are familiar with, and two, hearing the same songs repeatedly gives listeners that comfortable, familiar feeling, just like you said, so it is more similar to how the radio stations have always done it with their playlists consisting pretty much of just the current hit songs.

Edited by Hybrider

Pandora, Digitally Imported Radio, iHeart cost me nothing to stream in the car. About the only thing I would be interested in Sirius Travel and Travel link.

I'm a fan of Slacker. I find it has a little more variety than Pandora. YMMV. Wouldn't it be nice to have these apps built into MFT...?

I wish it was easier/cheaper to just get the traffic info from Sirius, but I realize that's not their core business. In the end, Google and Waze traffic info is much better anyhow, particularly about rerouting.

I often wonder what benefit I'm even getting out of MFT, except the screen does look cool... I've become almost totally disinterested in Sirius. I actually like Alt Nation, but I'm not going to pay for one station, even at a discounted promo rate.