I have a TravelLink question. When your 6-month free trial expired was TravelLink also turned off? In the white FFH this happened, but my parents' C-Max is over a year old & it has been more than 6 months since their free trial ended but they still have access to all the TravelLink services. Only their radio connection was turned off when the trial ended. I'm wondering what others have experienced.

As expected, by 6-month radio was off this morning... however the traffic is still working, but I bet that also disappears in a day or two. However I think the travelink may have changed and now be good for 5 years, based on looking at my Sirius account for the other car.

Whats funny is the gas station I use is not listed on Travel link in either the first 13 Fusion, the Flex, nor the second 13 FFH, but was listed in the 2010 FFH. Hence I didn't bother renewing it since it was virtually useless to me.

What makes you think it might now be good for 5 years?

Gee Wally, don't ya believe me? Below is why I think it's good for 5 years (this is for her car).... and as noted above, my radio subscription was expired/inop this morning but traffic still working. Came out for the drive home and found traffic was also kaput, but checked travelink for weather and gas prices and it was OK.

Sirius_Status_20140624_zpsc448138b.jpg

It appears that vehicles older than MY2015 are supposed to have TravelLink only for 6 months for free and that any additional TravelLink time is by error on the part of Sirius.

Could be - we got the car in April 2013 and never got any notices from Sirius until September 2013 saying due to an oversight in recording/record-keeping/whatever, the start date of the trial was not established so they established it as Sep 18th with trial expiration of Mar 18 2014... so we let it expire for 10 days then renewed for 6 months, so the music subscription started on Sep 28th, and the travelink 5-years started on the day that the established 6-months expired Sep 18th. Whether that model was supposed to get it or not who knows, but it wouldn't be the first snafu for that car's subscription (which gave me 5 months Apr-Sep 2013 for free).

ADDED - just renewed for another 6 months via chat (with letter of 6 months for $30 that I posted earlier in this thread), and my online account now shows this car also with 5-year complimentary Travelink, which I don't even care about. Sirius Traffic (which I use constantly every day) was $3.99 per month + tax.

Edited by jeff_h

I got the deal last year when 6 month trial expired. Required my CC to get the deal, and it "renewed" at the full price. Unfortunately, with no competition, you either go without or eventually pay the piper.

Would be nice if they would just lower the price so inducements were not necessary. They are almost as bad as cable/satellite TV, phone, and Internet services. pull you in with a teaser then raise your rates.

I just managed to wrangle the 6 mo. for $25 plan via a 10-minute call to their cancellation line and by saying the magic words. And my trial plan doesn't even expire until tomorrow, so I won't have to go without my Sirius tunes at all.

Of course, they signed me up for the auto-renew at the regular price after the 6 months special-priced subscription expires. But as others mentioned before, I have put a reminder on my calendar to remind me to call them again before the 6 months expires.

You don't HAVE to do that to get the deal.

I've had Sirius/XM on several vehicles over about 5 years now and have never had automatic renewal.

Here is the source file for anyone's reference: http://www.siriusxm.com/pdf/siriusxm_customeragreement_eng.pdf