These are all for just music right? I thought I read my renewal with the great deals do not include the data packages (traffic, etc). Is that correct?

Correct - I posted the letter that I got earlier in this thread, the 'fine print' is tough to read but says that it does not include Weather, Traffic, etc.. my car hits the 6-month point in just over 3 weeks so they are ringing my wife's cell phone off the hook (unknown why they are calling her cell, it's mine that is listed on the account, go figure).

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/7318-sirius-renewal-deals/?p=77843

Sirius finally turned off our subscription. Yesterday morning it worked, then in the afternoon it didn't. The Travel Link services also now are turned off.

I've got just over 2 week until mine turns off, but I use Sirius traffic every day... so once it finally does does working I'll go onto their site's chat function and ask for that 6-month special in the letter I posted earlier. I think I noted in that earlier post that when I did this via chat for my wife's car (and have chat transcript saved in case of any overcharging to my credit card over the agreed amount, but thankfully there was not), I said I got a letter in the mail with a special offer and wanted that one, and they asked "what were the offer terms on that letter?" so I guess they send out multiple versions with different terms - guess I should have said it was the '6 months for a dollar' letter.

Edited by jeff_h

I think the travel link is about $50 a year. If I could just get gas and weather for a small monthly fee, that would be worth it, but I never would use the other features, I have apps for movies, and am not into any sports. In fact, screw it, I got apps for weather and gas, so who needs Sirius. :)

I would like Applink though, then I can look up weather and gas on the MFT from the phone.... AHA Just discovered WHY Ford hasn't released Applink for MFT, It would make Sirius Obsolete! :)

I think the travel link is about $50 a year.

Travelink I really don't care about at all, it's $1.99 per month... Traffic is what I use on a daily basis, and that's $3.99 per month -- or save -1¢ by getting the combo for $5.99 per month.

http://www.siriusxm.com/infotainment/pricing

Turns out my new 'pre-owned' Flex still has the old customer paying for my Sirius music, they didn't cancel.

I'm on the horns of a dilemma, do I just use it, or, be an idiot and start a new contract with my FFH account?

:ohsnap:

Your dealer may have signed it up for the trial period. When I got my 2010 FFH used it also had a 6 month trial period enabled. My MKT didn't though since it was from another dealer, and since I never use it, didn't ask for it. However, my mom's MKS has a lifetime subscription on it, one of the last.

Today I received a snailmail notice that my trial subscription expires in one week on June 24. It offered a 10% discount on a one year subscription. I've been following this thread in anticipation of this moment and still don't know my best options. We do not want to lose service. Any suggestions?

Today I received a snailmail notice that my trial subscription expires in one week on June 24. It offered a 10% discount on a one year subscription. I've been following this thread in anticipation of this moment and still don't know my best options. We do not want to lose service. Any suggestions?

Looks like we got our cars last December on the same day, mine has same expiration date. Earlier in this thread I posted the letter I got in the snailmail a few days after expiration on my wife's car, which I then used to get the next 6 months for $29.99 or thereabout, and with the royalty fee tacked on it was about $35. The hitch with that is that you need to canx before the end of the 6 months, or they will then charge your credit card for renewal at the full rate - so I have an outlook reminder set up for 2 days prior to tell them to either cancel me or give me another 6 months at that same rate, and I am confident they will do another 6 months at that same rate.

I did that 6-month renewal thing noted above on her car via online chat with Sirius, have the chat transcript saved on my PC and am going to bring that back up when I do the same 6-month renewal for my car in about a week, just copying/pasting my side to follow the script that they have on their side. :)

I have the cheapest subscription I could find on Sirius that has enough choices for us.

It's called Sirius 'Mostly Music' and is $11.24 @ month with 50 channels of various content.

I had to dig thru the Sirius website to find it.

They raised the price, it was 9.99 when I had it on the 2010.

They raised the price, it was 9.99 when I had it on the 2010.

Still is. When it comes time to renew I will go back with the Mostly Music package. I have had that package on the Sport Trac, and previously on the Mustang. The Z currently has the Select package, which I got at a serious discount when I first registered the radio. :)

I did that 6-month renewal thing noted above on her car via online chat with Sirius, have the chat transcript saved on my PC and am going to bring that back up when I do the same 6-month renewal for my car in about a week, just copying/pasting my side to follow the script that they have on their side. :)

Would you care to post your saved chat transcript? :)

Would you care to post your saved chat transcript? :)

Sure, will post it from home and just sanitize out the personal stuff - otherwise acdii will pose as me and sign me up for the works for his cars!

Added - attached is chat transcript with account/personal info sanitized (but the chat session is pretty basic and quick) -- chat is my preferred method since it only took about 5-10 minutes and I could continue working in other windows while the CSR was taking actions on his/her side. And I hate calling toll-free numbers and going through that drill.

Sirius_Renewal_Chat_Mar2014_san.txt

Edited by jeff_h