Who say's you can't get a bunch of stuff in the Fusion Hybrid trunk lol!!!! 1 large, 1 medium, 1 small suitcase (can't see the small and medium ones lol) plus tons of little stuff!!

20130804_191021.jpg

Now do the same for the Energi! LOL

I can agree, you can fit a lot of stuff in the trunk if you really need to. I got 200# of horse food in mine. I also was able to fit 2 switches and a router, in their boxes in the trunk too. Took up the whole trunk since they are 19" rack mounted devices.

Medium suitcase, dog food, dog bed, full golf club set and bag, emergency roadside equipment, medium (50lb) size dog crate folded down, random knickknacks, and a Keurig coffeemaker.

Funny thing was the crate wouldn't fit if it were on bottom. It had to be lifted 4 or 5 inches to not interfere with the trunk latch, but once out of the way it was no problem. The passenger cabin had no luggage except for the dog and myself.

I would love to just get two sets of golf clubs in the trunk without having to remove the longer clubs from one of the bags. To me the trunk is not golf club friendly. If the 12v battery was not there I could have a set go across the lower section, but as it is, they are too long with the woods in the bag.

I can fit two sets of full sized clubs in light carrying bags (we tend to walk our rounds of golf, yes even in Texas). I just have to criss cross them and make an x. Its pretty tight, but those golf clubs can take a lot of abuse.

I will add that I have to jigsaw puzzle the clubs in. The first set has to go with them bottom end of the bag facing driver side front and the clubs facing passenger rear. The second bag goes on top with the bottom facing passenger front and the clubs facing driver rear and angled slightly upward. If the top bag has the club end downward, the trunk will not close, but if they are facing up, somehow it clears the mechanisms.

200 #? joking right?

That was a light load! I have had 600# of feed in the other car plus another 400 in the 2010. Now I can fit all of it in the Flex.

Nope, acdii goes all out... caught him on a recent run to Lowes, he's there inside taking a nap after loading up.

Loaded-Waldorf_zpsea3124ed.jpg

Oh, if you have only seen what I loaded in my old 1979 LTD wagon, you would be WOW thats a LOT! I had 20' 2x12's in it one time!

I will add that I have to jigsaw puzzle the clubs in. The first set has to go with them bottom end of the bag facing driver side front and the clubs facing passenger rear. The second bag goes on top with the bottom facing passenger front and the clubs facing driver rear and angled slightly upward. If the top bag has the club end downward, the trunk will not close, but if they are facing up, somehow it clears the mechanisms.

I guess my "Carry" bag is too thick. I too put the first bag in as you described but there is no room to put the second back over the first. I take out the Driver, 3W, 5W, and two Hybrid clubs from my wife's bag and lay them over the top of the first bag. Then her bag will fit in the lower area with the iron heads under my bag. The golf shoes in the shoe box hold up my bag so hers will fit underneath. I feel like there is room hidden behind the side walls of the trunk that we are not able to use. Probably the hinge mechanism is hogging a lot of space. I have seen better trunk hinges in my day....VW comes to mind on both my old 2003 and 2009 Jettas.

Hey we make it work but I could get three bags in my 2009 Jetta, don't see that happening here. We take the Wife's Edge for that.

Tom

Edited by tclemmer