jeapa

Remove antenna

Should I remove the antenna before going thru the car wash? Does it screw off easily?

Thanks

Thanks for quick responses guys. I am going to get gas tomorrow and I get a free car wash when I fill up. My hubby always used to remind me to take the antenna off before going thru with his truck and I just wanted to be sure.

With him being deployed right now I have been on my own with learning this new car. I have been flipping thru the OM but sometimes I just give up cause I cant find what I am looking for.

I was looking at reviews of the shark fin on other forums and am really worried about the reduced radio reception some people are reporting. As it it, the reception of my favorite radio station is kind of weak in some spots on my daily commute. I don't want to risk making it worse. I might try the Stubby antenna because it is easier to swap back and forth than the shark fin and I'd like to have a unique looking antenna as it would make it easier to spot my FFH from a group of them.

In regards to the question about removing the antenna before going through a car wash, this has never occurred to me and I go through brushed car washes on a regular basis with no ill effects. The stock antenna is pretty flexible.

Since you husband always removes it from his truck, the car wash probably isn't touchless. As GrySql said, it only takes seconds to unscrew the antenna from the base. I replaced my long antenna with a shorter one called Stubby so I wouldn't have to remove it in most car washes.

20130717_150318_zps3a8f095d.jpg

Thanks to you and your husband for your service! Military wives are part of the team also.

Tod (US Army Retired)

Thanks so much everyone. I will remove it just to be on the safe side. I like that stubby antenna.

Thanks for your support Tod, and your service also. This is my husband's 3rd deployment since the first Iraqi war back when Bush number 1 was president. He is Army also. I am hoping this will be his last as he has 28 years in, and I want him to retire when he gets home next year.

Edited by jeapa

It wont hurt it as long as it is tight, its small and springy, and can handle more abuse than you think.