Ric

Check engine light?

Dealer preformed a recall which replaced the fuel tank module. Now the check engine light comes on. Had it back twice already and they said it was taken care of and the light reset. Light is back on again for the third time, a service appointment is set for tomorrow. We were told we could drive the car as long as the light is not flashing. Anyone else having this problem after the recall? They had to remove the gas tank to put a new module in. 6000 miles on the FFH. Thanks

Go into engineering mode and look at the DTC codes. Press and hold the left OK button and start the car, hold it until the screen changes, and you will be in E mode. scroll through until you find DTC. Post them here so we can see what they are.

I followed the procedure and entered the engineering mode.

Under "DTC" was the code 046013 X

Chances are that is a fuel level code. It falls into the ODBII range for DTC Codes P0400 - P0499 Auxiliary Emissions Controls. Matches what you had done.

Edited by acdii

Wife's Fusion Hybrid had a evaporative emission failure with only 300 miles on it. Dealer took two days to eventually track it down but was a defective canister for the EVAP system. Was leaking down. if you get the same code it may be due to a batch of bad evap canisters? Something to consider.

Edited by jnissen

Dealer replaced the evap canister aboout a month ago and now the code is back. We also had a code for a fuel filler cap may be leaky. They cleared that code but now the engine light is on again with the exact same failure code for evaporative system. Anyone else have issues like this? It's been hot as hell lately here in Texas and thinking it may be related to hot vehicles and more pressures in the fuel system? Anyway have a dealer service appoiintment for Monday. Also going to have then re-flash the EV over 62MPH fix. They said they did that but it refuses to do anyting but run the IC motor above 62MPH.

Edited by jnissen

Wife's Fusion Hybrid had a evaporative emission failure with only 300 miles on it. Dealer took two days to eventually track it down but was a defective canister for the EVAP system. Was leaking down. if you get the same code it may be due to a batch of bad evap canisters? Something to consider.

We had this issue back in the winter with only a few thousand miles on our car. There had already been a TSB issued the dealer said about some bad EVAP canisters so it only took them one overnight waiting for the part to arrive.

Dealer replaced the evap canister aboout a month ago and now the code is back. We also had a code for a fuel filler cap may be leaky. They cleared that code but now the engine light is on again with the exact same failure code for evaporative system. Anyone else have issues like this? It's been hot as hell lately here in Texas and thinking it may be related to hot vehicles and more pressures in the fuel system? Anyway have a dealer service appoiintment for Monday. Also going to have then re-flash the EV over 62MPH fix. They said they did that but it refuses to do anyting but run the IC motor above 62MPH.

We have not had any issues since. We had an issue back in the winter with ice getting past the valves of the capless fuel filler system and causing a DTC. It also appears that they didn't do the PCM update correctly.

Have you run a Vehicle Health Report while driving when the check engine light is on to get more info about the issue?

Third time fixed they replaced the fuel hose from the filler. In the process of removing and replacin ght etank so often it may have been damaged. Been a few weeks and so far so good.

Update to "check engine light". We really like our FFH, although: The CEL (check engine light) is becoming a real hassle. The car is currently at a Ford dealer in Green Bay for the 8th (eighth) CEL occurrence. They gave me a very nice loaner and want the vehicle for a couple days for diagnosis. I was in contact with Fords customer service. They told me they will continue to fix the car free as long as it's under warranty, normal B.S. That was about it. So, for now the saga continues.

Last week the car was at the dealer four days. When we got it back, they said it has been fixed. So far no CEL. I hope it really is repaired. We filed with the BBB auto about two weeks ago. Now Ford is sending a "field service engineer" to meet with us at the dealership to determine appropriate repairs. The BBB said Ford will offer a limited maintenance plan for 3 years or 45k miles including oil/filter and tire rotation, if they determine the car has been correctly repaired.

Last week the car was at the dealer four days. When we got it back, they said it has been fixed. So far no CEL. I hope it really is repaired. We filed with the BBB auto about two weeks ago. Now Ford is sending a "field service engineer" to meet with us at the dealership to determine appropriate repairs. The BBB said Ford will offer a limited maintenance plan for 3 years or 45k miles including oil/filter and tire rotation, if they determine the car has been correctly repaired.

Interesting to hear how this works. I just posted in the AC smell thread about the option for those owners to use the BBB Autoline program described in the manual. Hopefully you can share how it works out for you so that others can benefit too. Hope it works out well!

Update. The last repair (fourth time in) held for about two months. Just got another check fuel filler valve notice. The emission system on this vehicle is incredibly touchy. I made sure the dual valves on the filler cap were seated well (as best as I could tell) and going to see if it's still there. We may need to take it back in a fifith time. This is getting crazy and yes I'd like t know how this BBB program works. I'll be filing some paperwork with them if this continues.

My check engine light came on yesterday. I went into ET mode and there is nothing under the DTC menu.

Same here 3 times and no code but get told its evap code. Its in Ashley's hands now. Service manager is trying and is apologetic. Ct lemon law is 4 "attempts at same problem"

Same here 3 times and no code but get told its evap code. Its in Ashley's hands now. Service manager is trying and is apologetic. Ct lemon law is 4 "attempts at same problem"

Mine was apparently for tsb 13-11-11 but the service rep gave me some weird explanation that it was the engine telling my car it needs to be reprogrammed for the area I live in. Saying the engine needed to be recalibrated for the altitude, driving habits, fuel use and some other stuff that sounded like bs to me. The light hasn't come on since but I still think that explanation was bogus.

Got a call late yesterday. I remember the service manager saying something about a recorder. We'll see what he says when I call him today. Must be kinda like what Dr's do for your heart. Make you walk around with a recorder to see what your heart does during the day.

Well, I had an interesting experience while out running errands today. Leaving my second stop, got in, turned the key and the engine started up. But, dash and MyFordTouch were completely dark; radio wasn't playing either. I was able to drive a short distance to my next stop. Got out, locked her up and when about my business. Leaving, she started up with dash, MyFordTouch and radio working again, but this time I got the big yellow wrench display to "see manual". Pressed okay and proceeded home. When I got home, I went into engineering mode and got the DTC. I have not way of knowing what it means and my code reader doesn't see it. Started her up again and the little yellow wrench is gone, so it looks normal except for the code in ET. Anyone know what this means? ;(

1st DTC

Edited by 13FFH

Well, I had an interesting experience while out running errands today. Leaving my second stop, got in, turned the key and the engine started up. But, dash and MyFordTouch were completely dark; radio wasn't playing either. I was able to drive a short distance to my next stop. Got out, locked her up and when about my business. Leaving, she started up with dash, MyFordTouch and radio working again, but this time I got the big yellow wrench display to "see manual". Pressed okay and proceeded home. When I got home, I went into engineering mode and got the DTC. I have not way of knowing what it means and my code reader doesn't see it. Started her up again and the little yellow wrench is gone, so it looks normal except for the code in ET. Anyone know what this means? ;(

Hi 13FFH,

Just to be safe, I think you should let your dealership know about this. Since you probably won't be able to replicate the issue, make sure you bring the picture.

Kim

Mine has just had evap can and tank down tube changed last week have been going into service all month (Aug2016) to get this service light fixed. Nothing in "E" menu on dash either. I'm thinking that its a lemon law candidate for Virginia (my state). Out of warranty and has 54229.0 miles.

I know this tread is pretty old for my 2014 FFH, I need as much info as can find. Other wise love the car and she runs great.