Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

BLIS stays on for a while on the right side.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:58 PM

you have no manual means such as the blind spot mirror to fall back on.

Hey, you could always do a shoulder check :P I have the blind spot mirrors but never use them because my eyes have difficulty switching from the normal mirrors to the blind spot mirrors (can't focus immediately). I thus have to rely on shoulder checks.

But yeah, if you pay top dollar for a special luxury feature, you should expect it to work properly. Hope this gets resolved - I suspected a dirty sensor but apparently the components are just not that reliable :(

FWIW, on my sister's Lexus the blind spot sensor works very well even when the car is filthy. On the other hand, half the Mercedes-Benzes I see in town which have this feature seem to have a problem with the sensor staying on when there's nothing around. 

Edited by machoman1337, 18 May 2016 - 11:59 PM.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 176 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium, 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 21 May 2016 - 01:31 PM

Update:

Completed the work week with daily driving in heavy traffic and the BLIS is now working perfectly after the module replacement. Dealer is to call on Monday to confirm the fix.

Good luck to everyone in seeking a solution.

298222.png

383033.png

#43 OFFLINE   thrasher086

thrasher086

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Update:

Completed the work week with daily driving in heavy traffic and the BLIS is now working perfectly after the module replacement. Dealer is to call on Monday to confirm the fix.

Good luck to everyone in seeking a solution.

Congrats on getting it fixed. Would it be possible to write down or scan what was written on the repair log that you sign at the end? Such as parts that were ordered that needed to be replaced to get BLIS working properly again. I need as much information if I am ever going to get this replaced. You gave me some hope in getting this fixed without an error code.

#44 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

Congrats on getting it fixed. Would it be possible to write down or scan what was written on the repair log that you sign at the end? Such as parts that were ordered that needed to be replaced to get BLIS working properly again. I need as much information if I am ever going to get this replaced. You gave me some hope in getting this fixed without an error code.

They never gave me anything to followup on my original complaint. I was requested to return my vehicle to the dealership after I filed my complaint with Ford Customer Service and everything from that point was handled by phone. They told me the right rear BLIS module was replaced from a stock vehicle as a trial. After my week long trial where I confirmed the problem as fixed over the phone and the matter was considered closed. They did say the module listed for 1100.00 and they had to pull the rear bumper to replace it.

298222.png

383033.png

#45 OFFLINE   thrasher086

thrasher086

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:23 AM

They never gave me anything to followup on my original complaint. I was requested to return my vehicle to the dealership after I filed my complaint with Ford Customer Service and everything from that point was handled by phone. They told me the right rear BLIS module was replaced from a stock vehicle as a trial. After my week long trial where I confirmed the problem as fixed over the phone and the matter was considered closed. They did say the module listed for 1100.00 and they had to pull the rear bumper to replace it.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to do some convincing work on trying the same thing next time I head to the dealer.

#46 OFFLINE   thrasher086

thrasher086

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

So after months of complaining and getting nowhere (also pushing this issue aside), I finally reached out to Ford. I did one of those "Contact Us" which would have you fill out a few questions and send out an email which I received no response for 2 weeks. I then sent a message on Facebook and had a response within the hour. Someone then called me a couple days later and asked all the basics questions on what the issue is and when does it happen. I informed him that I have been through this route and even had a field service technician go to the dealership and drive the car 80 miles last year for them to come up with "can not replicate". He said he will get in touch with the dealership to get more information and get back to me.

The next day he emails me saying the dealership is well aware of my issue and the next step is to have a mechanic in my car to see the problem happen. I provided many videos of the BLIS system acting up but Ford will not take that as proof of an issue. So finally yesterday I went over to the dealership and drove the mechanic around. I was hesitant because as everyone knows, when you are ready to show a technician/mechanic a problem, it won't happen. I was lucky enough to have a few mild incidents of the BLIS system missing a couple cars and staying on 3-5 seconds longer than it should so he said there is something not right. I loved that he asked the service manager "What was the point of me in the car? Just to say I see it?".

During the car ride, I had a chat with him on how does the BLIS system actually work. I thought the 4 back sensors helped locate if the car is in a blind spot. He said those 4 sensors are only for Cross Traffic while in reverse. There are two modules behind the rear bumper to control each side. While i knew this info, I didn't actually know the modules had the sonar detection in them, I thought it was just a controller.

So they gave me a loaner and I just received a call that they placed an order with Ford for the replacement module and will program it when they get it in. Crossing fingers that this mess will finally be put to rest.

#47 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:39 PM

So after months of complaining and getting nowhere (also pushing this issue aside), I finally reached out to Ford. I did one of those "Contact Us" which would have you fill out a few questions and send out an email which I received no response for 2 weeks. I then sent a message on Facebook and had a response within the hour. Someone then called me a couple days later and asked all the basics questions on what the issue is and when does it happen. I informed him that I have been through this route and even had a field service technician go to the dealership and drive the car 80 miles last year for them to come up with "can not replicate". He said he will get in touch with the dealership to get more information and get back to me.

The next day he emails me saying the dealership is well aware of my issue and the next step is to have a mechanic in my car to see the problem happen. I provided many videos of the BLIS system acting up but Ford will not take that as proof of an issue. So finally yesterday I went over to the dealership and drove the mechanic around. I was hesitant because as everyone knows, when you are ready to show a technician/mechanic a problem, it won't happen. I was lucky enough to have a few mild incidents of the BLIS system missing a couple cars and staying on 3-5 seconds longer than it should so he said there is something not right. I loved that he asked the service manager "What was the point of me in the car? Just to say I see it?".

During the car ride, I had a chat with him on how does the BLIS system actually work. I thought the 4 back sensors helped locate if the car is in a blind spot. He said those 4 sensors are only for Cross Traffic while in reverse. There are two modules behind the rear bumper to control each side. While i knew this info, I didn't actually know the modules had the sonar detection in them, I thought it was just a controller.

So they gave me a loaner and I just received a call that they placed an order with Ford for the replacement module and will program it when they get it in. Crossing fingers that this mess will finally be put to rest.

Good luck, my issue has never returned since they replaced the module. Its really far more hassle than it should be to get Ford to honor warranty issues like this. My module never worked from the day I drove the car from the dealer lot and Ford Corporate refused to do anything without an error code which a dead module will never produce. I haven't had any other problems with the car other than this expensive option I paid for that never worked for 2 years.

• thrasher086 likes this

298222.png

383033.png

#48 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,526 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

The BLIS modules are radar transceivers, not ultrasonic. (Sonar only works under water).

#49 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,846 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

The BLIS and CTA are radar and are in the rear fenders. The ultrasonic "buttons" in the bumper are the back-up warning, a separate system. A very dirty fender can cause problems.

#50 OFFLINE   thrasher086

thrasher086

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

Sorry I may have misheard him and he probably said radar. I'll keep everyone posted and darrelld's post has be excited that I might finally have a fully working BLIS system soon.

#51 OFFLINE   thrasher086

thrasher086

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

So I picked up my car on Friday the 3rd. I drove it around for the weekend and it seems like the issue has been fixed. This morning I am driving to work and I am noticing both sides missed some cars when I passed by them on either lane. Honestly I don't want to believe I still have an issue so I am going to monitor it a bit more.

There are some good notes on my work order about what was done and replaced. I will scan it in and post it when I have some time.

• Timewellspent likes this

#52 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

So I picked up my car on Friday the 3rd. I drove it around for the weekend and it seems like the issue has been fixed. This morning I am driving to work and I am noticing both sides missed some cars when I passed by them on either lane. Honestly I don't want to believe I still have an issue so I am going to monitor it a bit more.

There are some good notes on my work order about what was done and replaced. I will scan it in and post it when I have some time.

Any updates on this?

298222.png

383033.png

#53 OFFLINE   thrasher086

thrasher086

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

Any updates on this?

Maybe I am misunderstanding how the BLIS system works. The new module did fix the issue with the light staying on when no car is in my blind spot. I have a new problem which affects both sides now. When I am in traffic and my lane is finally moving, the BLIS system can end up missing a couple cars next to me that are driving slower. (I am going 10mph and they are around between barley moving and 5mph). I don't recall this being a problem on the working right side before the left was replaced.

When I am driving on the highway with no traffic and a car passes by, both sensors will pick it up so this seems to only be in traffic when everyone is going slow. I would really hate to bring it in again because I am starting to feel defeated. I was thinking of disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery for a few minutes to see if that resets anything.

#54 OFFLINE   thrasher086

thrasher086

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

Disconnecting the battery didn't fix anything which I had low hopes for anyway. I looked up some info about the BLIS system which states from their site:

System limitations

The Blind Spot Information and Cross Traffic Alert systems do have their limitations. Conditions such as severe weather or debris buildup on the sensor areas may limit vehicle detection.

Other situations that may limit BLIS detection include:

• Certain maneuvers of other vehicles as they enter and exit the blind zone.
  • Vehicles passing through the blind zone at very fast rates.
  • Several vehicles forming a convoy and passing through the blind zone.

I guess my situation would fall under the convoy of vehicles. Does anyone else have a similar experience and I am just looking too much into this? All I want the system to do is put the light on when anything is in the blind spot. Easy right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·