My windshield and rear window get so foggy, both inside and outside, that I have to clean them two or three times a week. I've been using "Invisible Glass" products with no luck. Anyone found a good product for this problem? The windows don't look to bad mid day, but early mornings they really glare! I have the Invisible Glass wand too and I use it so much that it's always close by on my back seat.

AHA It isnt just me! I was going to post this same question. Drives me nuts when I have to run the defroster, which of course kicks the AC on. Seems to happen in the early morning, or when it rains when in the 60's. Going to try some Rain-X antifog.

For being the end of July, it sure is cold out. Was a whopping 52* this morning and of course, the windshield did its fogging up again. I can also see just how bad a job I did cleaning it last time too.

For being the end of July, it sure is cold out. Was a whopping 52* this morning and of course, the windshield did its fogging up again. I can also see just how bad a job I did cleaning it last time too.

I tried the vinegar and water solution today and I'll have to see how that works for me, I'll keep you posted

How long does it take for the smell to go away after using the vinegar?

How long does it take for the smell to go away after using the vinegar?

No smell, 10oz water + 1oz vinegar, wash window inside as usual with lint free rag, I gave it a try, no smell, now to see if it works!

The vinegar & water made it about 20% better for a day or two, but not worth the effort.

I'll just keep washing them normally.

I bought this stuff a few years ago at the Auto Show - it doesn't have a name, but it works amazingly well. It comes in a clear container shaped like a prescription bottle, and contains 3 pink sticks. You literally draw a big "X" or a series of "X's" on the surface that you want to anti-fog. You then wipe it with a clean cotton cloth or a Viva paper towel until the glass is clear. Each application will work for about 3 days or so, maybe a little less if there is a lot of humidity. I'll take a picture of it, and post it - there might even be a phone number or web address on the container. I bought it a few years ago, but my car windows don't fog too much, I mostly use it for my glasses which fog up when I get out of the air conditioned car. One stick lasts more than a year when you only use it for eyeglasses.

Edited by djminfll

Here are some pix of the Anti-Glare sticks I was referring to:

There is no phone #, and no web address - I googled Hawaii Business Show Enterprises and couldn't find anything for that :(

IMG_0866_zps2430e132.jpg

I was wrong about the instructions in my first post :(

299d9972-1b27-4df9-83c1-1262632c26fa_zps

IMG_0868_zps2b55d0cf.jpg

Edited by djminfll

had some of that years and years ago and no clue what happened to it. It did work well for glasses but never tried on on car glass. I still havent picked up any Rain X anti fog. Just been too busy. shoot havent even warshed my car.

had some of that years and years ago and no clue what happened to it. It did work well for glasses but never tried on on car glass. I still havent picked up any Rain X anti fog. Just been too busy. shoot havent even warshed my car.

You haven't washed your car? Isn't that the first sign of the Apocolypse?

You haven't washed your car? Isn't that the first sign of the Apocolypse?

ROFLMAO

Just been too busy these past few weekends. It going to storm here today, so in a way, at least I didnt waste my time washing it yesterday like I planned, it would just get all dirty all over again. If it clears up it will get washed tonight, then my wife gets to dirty it up tomorrow before it goes in for the maintenance on Wednesday.

Finally! Some else about this... What the heck are these windshields made of? Its definitely plastic facing into the cabin which is brutal on fogging up and showing every smear in the world. No other car I've driven has been this bad! Foggy even in the summer?

Edited by expresspotato

Park in a garage?

I park in a garage and I get foggy windows anytime the humidity is high like when it is foggy or it is raining. I'd love to apply something to my windows so that they stop fogging so that I don't have to keep turning the defogger on and off.

Our windows get a film on them (inside) which is annoying when sun angles are low. Regular Windex or similar product doesn't seem to be very good at getting rid of it completely.

Our windows get a film on them (inside) which is annoying when sun angles are low. Regular Windex or similar product doesn't seem to be very good at getting rid of it completely.

The film is probably plasticizer evaporating from the plastic surfaces in the car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasticizer

I'm leaning towards the Rain X Fog product. I'll let everyone know about it once I buy it...

I'm leaning towards the Rain X Fog product. I'll let everyone know about it once I buy it...

I just looked at the reviews on Amazon; people aren't happy with this product. I'll try Invisible Glass...

Hit or miss on the Anti fog X. First time I used it, worked great, second time didnt work. Time to clean them again as they are starting to frog.

After using Invisible Glass, spray some Isopropyl Alcohol on a lint free cloth and scrub the windshield. Best results with 100% Isopropyl. Works for outside too.