We have 4,500 miles on our '13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium and generally regard it as an extraordinarily good car.

However, as seniors with back problems (and that's about 100% of seniors) the passenger seat is a problem because it is too low and not height adjustable. Many back issues, such as the very common sciatica, can be managed with proper seats, especially the height. We're much better off if the seat is more or less "chair-like" on height. So, the height-adjustable driver seat is splendid, better in our opinion than the Volvos we have been driving partly because of Volvo's excellent seats. But the passenger seat is much more like a sports car seat--set very low.

So, does anyone know of an after market kit to raise the passenger seat? It looks to me like it should be easily doable, even if I have to have something fabricated.

I hear on this forum that the '14 will have an adjustable passenger seat, so I suppose in principle that would be an option, but it would be horrendously expensive, requiring anew wiring harness (amazing how pricey they are!!) as well as the seat itself, etc.

A few users already did this. They either bought a seat cushion to put on the seat or raised the whole thing, including the tracks by putting a few pieces of wood under it and replacing the bolts (with longer ones) that secure the seat to the car. Do some searches here and on BOF and you'll find the posts and pictures.

Link to BOF: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/36-fusion-milan-%26-mkz-forum/

Edited by neod192