Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Another new 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid owner checking in!

Brakes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BZSTCHN

BZSTCHN

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Has anyone experience your Fusion hybrid "jumping" or jerking forward when you apply the brakes?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,773 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

You mean during a stop, or after stopping?  Every once in a while I'll feel a small surge when sitting at a stop light (as I did this morning), not serious but enough to make me look in the rear view mirror as it felt like someone bumped me slightly from behind.  That probably happens to me once every couple weeks or so, I'm pretty used to it by now but still peek in the mirror.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#3 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

You mean during a stop, or after stopping?  Every once in a while I'll feel a small surge when sitting at a stop light (as I did this morning), not serious but enough to make me look in the rear view mirror as it felt like someone bumped me slightly from behind.  That probably happens to me once every couple weeks or so, I'm pretty used to it by now but still peek in the mirror.

I've felt the same thing and thought I was crazy lol good to know I'm not. I haven't experienced any other odd feelings while braking and have found the transition from regen to brake pads to be 100% imperceptible, unlike the Toyota hybrids.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#4 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

The entrance to my subdivision is a little bit rough and I usually have my foot on the brakes as I pull in. As the wheels go over that bump, I feel a jerk in the brakes and it feels like the car is moving forward (not slowing down anymore) when that happens. That's the only place where I noticed this and I learned to expect it, so I don't hit the curb on the other side!

I wonder if bumps/uneven pavement interfere with the regen brakes ?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#5 OFFLINE   jsolan

jsolan

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 194 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

I feel this too.  More and more often recently.  I thought maybe it was the motor coming to a complete stop or maybe the hill assist engaging/disengaging.  It only happens to me when I'm sitting with the brakes on for more than say 30 seconds.

#6 OFFLINE   FordFusionHybrid

FordFusionHybrid

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

Has this problem gone away for any of you?  I'm experiencing the same issue.  I've brought the car to two different Ford mechanics and they can't identify the issue.  I've noticed that the brake wear between the driver's side and passenger side is uneven.  I'm thinking the braking system is applying pressure unevenly and then the ABS is causing the brakes to release and then re-engage (creating the jumping).  I'm also wondering if it could it be related to TSB 13-5-21 for overly sensitive brakes?  This is a big safety issue.

#7 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 394 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

For all of you, please look at this thread right here.  It sounds like you are experiencing the same thing.  I too have had the feeling something is wrong, but it was me going over a pothole or other similar situation.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked)

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·