aaronj1159

Plasti Dipping my stock 17" Wheels Anthracite Grey

That looks fantastic, this is the first thing I am doing to my car, as I just picked it up. I was going to go black, but this colour looks much better, I need to see the difference between it and Smoke.

where did you get the gel covers?

I am also thinking of doing the same thing to my grill in the future....

I have the same wheels, as yours, so its nice seeing what they will look like when finished.

Thank you for the link. I didn't realize they were 11 british pounds each haha, seems pricey.

something I can look into getting later on.

Just picked up my new 2013 FFH yesterday as well.

been reading in this form for over a week now, and its what drove me to purchase this over other fuel saving cars. So far been very happy with it.

Now to get some plastic dip to darken up those wheels.

Welcome and I'm glad you decided to join us. Now we don't have to message each other through Fuelly. :)

So, this plastidip stuff, it can peel right off if I dont like it? The one thing on my Flex that I dont care for is that big aluminum panel on the back door, looks out of place being so bright against all the black, and would look much better if it was smoked. Does the dip have a glossy finish?

I want a smoked look, where the metal still shows through, something prior years had with the Titanium package. Maybe I will see if that panel is available instead, or get mine anodized. If I could do a few coats clear, followed by 1 or 2 thin black coats that still show the metal, and followed by gloss, that might work.

i sprayed my wheels black, and they turned out great. Still waiting for the glossifier to show up.
gIuE6j2l.jpg

word of advice as I found this out the hard way. If you plan on cleaning your rims, after they have been "dipped" don't let it soak on too long. I used a Rim cleaning foam that i have used for a while now, and it basically ate away at the plast dip, causing it to bubble up, and then it just started coming off on it's own.

So now i need to redo all my wheels again. I am just waiting for the Glossifier to come in, as I will just do it all at once this time.

My glossifier plastidip order finally came in. Hopefully will have them dipped black and have a few layers of gloss on them this weekend.

Pics will follow

Well thats different for sure. I still wonder what my back aluminum panel on the Flex will look like with this stuff. I dont know why they stopped putting the dark panel on with the Titanium trim, it just looks off with the rest of the car.