djminfll

Meguiars Clay Kit

Well, I got my car in my garage yesterday and started cleaning it. Started with the hood, trying to remove some scratches. I had picked up a 4 pack sampler of polishes from Chemical Guys and tried it out. I need to go get me a couple more pads for my polisher now, this stuff is great.

However, I started with the clay bar, and found my paint is NASTY!

Where the hell did the BLUE come from? This was just from the middle of the hood, between the ridges!

10629648_876280515747417_566452415865213

All I have done so far is the hood and that took over an hour to do with the polisher. I have a Dewalt variable speed polisher, and several foam pads, but need a couple more since I dont want to mix them up with the different grades of polish.

So I run the clay bar over it with Meguiars Detailer spray, then apply the Hybrid polish(LOL Hybrid polish for my Hybrid), then apply the final polish, followed up with their VO7 sealer spray and that hood is slick as Teflon!

You can see the scratches in the Fender, but not in the hood anymore. Except the big ones I tried to get out, but they are too deep in the Clear to get out safely.

10419946_876631752378960_794252401756709

10404176_876631749045627_477268051073983

1514964_876631755712293_4822702287529860

Just ignore the big ol lunk in the reflection

1509681_876631745712294_1648057134411452

Next, On to the roof. The trunk will be a royal PAIN with the spoiler on it. It needs it bad too, clay bar did not get it smooth.

Starts Monday, so have this week to get prepped. Car is ready, have to get a drug test done, and get my clothes ready. Took advantage of the nice warm weather today. The only thing on the car I didn't put time into was the front bumper. Took me damn near all day to get it done. I have to get some bug remover, there are some baked on bugs on the front bumper that clay is not touching. I was also worn out with an aching back by then.

I need to reorganize my garage, I have some.....somewhere. Problem I have is there are 2 outdoor cats that sleep in the garage sometimes, and they get into all kinds of mischief, like knocking things off shelves, and pretty sure its behind the shelf now. If any of them decided to take a nap on the hood, the will wind up on the floor looking very surprised as they will slide right off! LOL

We have been using CGs and Megs for some time now. I like both and switch between them often, depending on the car.

Steps we use are

Polish -- Seal -- Wax (Carnuba) -- detail with V07

We always top with a high quality wax for protection.

---------

aacdi your FFH looks nice all cleaned up. :)

Edited by jeffo65

All the cars I have had chipped, has nothing to do with the paint, just whatever hits it. There is a thread somewhere about the clear film here, not sure what its under though.