thavil

Stubby Antenna Mod

I really wanted a color matching shark fin antenna from Visual Garage but they still seem to be out of commission. I decided to try the Stubby antenna from Craven Speed instead and got it from Amazon for $25. Below are before and after pictures. Leaving now for a 1500 mile round trip to TN and will report back on the reception that I get with Sirius and FM.

20130717_150216_zps653f7072.jpg

20130717_150318_zps3a8f095d.jpg

That's cool looks very nice. I'm not a big big fan if the shark fin but that short stubby antenna I like a lot.

I own the Craven Speed stubby antenna and left a review about it on Amazon for us 2013 Fusion owners.

As time has moved on, Sirius is uninterrupted and the only difference you'll notice is the slight loss in HD radio reception, if you're more out of range of the HD FM Radio Station's broadcast antenna.

Looks sooo much better though. Enjoy!

So do you just unscrew the current one and screw this new one in?

I own the Craven Speed stubby antenna and left a review about it on Amazon for us 2013 Fusion owners.

As time has moved on, Sirius is uninterrupted and the only difference you'll notice is the slight loss in HD radio reception, if you're more out of range of the HD FM Radio Station's broadcast antenna.

Looks sooo much better though. Enjoy!

I remember your review on Amazon and it convinced me to get it since it was only $25. I don't have HD radio so no loss for me.

As you stated, no issues at all with Sirius during the 200 miles I drove tonight. I did notice a hit on reception for regular FM though. I lost 3 different stations heading south quicker than I normally do. Not an issue for me since I normally stay within range most of the time.

So do you just unscrew the current one and screw this new one in?

As Henry said, it really is that simple to install. Other websites had it a little cheaper but I have Amazon Prime which made shipping free and a 2 day delivery.

I've seen reviews on it and a lot of people say they lose some FM and a lot of HD FM reception. I think I'll wait what people say on here as I have a lot of HD radio in my area.

I got mine in the mail about a week ago.

It was a 5 second install and no changes in reception at all.

Oh, and I think it looks much better.

Do you have HD radio in your car?

I got mine in the mail about a week ago.

It was a 5 second install and no changes in reception at all.

Oh, and I think it looks much better.

Just ordered mine...really hate the look of the long antenna and having to take it off when going through a car wash. Looking forward to its arrival.

Do you have HD radio in your car?

What options give you HD radio?

I believe the HD radio is part of the MyFord Touch system.

I'm thinking it comes with the high-end Sony audio system, not the standard audio whether MFT or not.

I'm thinking it comes with the high-end Sony audio system, not the standard audio whether MFT or not.

Yup. As for the antenna, I have no problem in car washes with the stock unit. I did consider a sharkfin style but there are areas I hit now where Sirius drops completely (heavy tree cover mainly) and my girlfriends Camaro drops even worse (sharkfin on rear deck).. I'll stay stock I think.

If I am not mistaken, my SE had HD radio and I have the NAV and MyFord Touch option. I can tune HD stations and it displays HD on my screen.

If I am not mistaken, my SE had HD radio and I have the NAV and MyFord Touch option. I can tune HD stations and it displays HD on my screen.

Then this is new. Prior years only had HD radio with the Sony radio. The Sony radio is only available on the Titanium.

It is new.

The 2015/2016 FFH SE come standard with the 500A - Equipment Group that has the Sony Radio with 12 speakers and HD Radio.

It is new.

The 2015/2016 FFH SE come standard with the 500A - Equipment Group that has the Sony Radio with 12 speakers and HD Radio.

Hi GrySql, I am curious where you are getting this new info?

The latest 2016 Fusion Order Guide, and 2016 Fusion Brochure, both still say the Sony radio only comes on the HyTi:

Equipment Group 600A

All SE Hybrid Content, Plus:

- Sony® Premium Audio w/12 Speakers & HD Radio.

2016 Doc links:

Order Guide: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2422

Brochure: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2401

Hi GrySql, I am curious where you are getting this new info?

I went online to the Ford website and did a 'Build your own' FFH.

These are the pictures from the current website showing the FFH SE has the 500A equipment as standard.

post-11309-0-61083100-1435792279_thumb.png

post-11309-0-44488800-1435792295_thumb.png

The 2015 & 2016 Order Guides show the 500A package as standard on the SE as well.

post-11309-0-63752400-1435792781_thumb.png

Edited by GrySql