hybridbear

Software Updates from Ford to improve MPGs

I still say there is. In the city I may get better MPG. Didnt have alot of city driving prior. Highway is down though for sure.

I never saw 40+ mpg on the highway before the update. My commutes are now consistently between 42-48 mpg, with an occasional 50+.

Are you in the hills? Because that seems to be of major benefit.

no idea than.. i can set cruise at 70mph with no wind at all and im lucky to get 41mpg. Thats reseting the computer once im upto speed and at a decent SOC.

Before the update, @80 MPH expect 35.5, @ 68 MPH expect 43. I havent had any long highway trips yet to see if there is an improvement, and probably wont be able to compare if I took one now due to the change in weather and winter blend fuel.

Right around October is when they switched from summer blend to Benzine around here, so that could be what is impacting your MPG, and just a coincidence with getting the updates. Mine dropped below 41 around that time too, and was pretty much like yours, around 43 for the most part. I would wait until the summer blend is back and see what it does after a few tanks.

The update never applied to the Energi. The Energi could do 85 MPH with the ICE off from day one. The Energi has a completely different code for how to perform in hybrid mode because the kWh used by the Energi in hybrid mode is different from the kWh used by the hybrid.

Exactly - mine were built in February 2013 (I think 6 days into the job) and March 2013, both can go above 62 in EV, haven't made it above 85 but hit 75 here and there but don't keep it there since it burns the HVB at a higher rate.

I had the update done to my car and I noticed two things. First, when I left the dealership after performing the update I fueled up the car. The car indicated that I now had 678 miles to empty. I was shocked as I never had that before it was always around 535 to 578 when filling up. Well I never saw that again. In fact a few times after that I saw 335 miles to empty. It is back to 558 but I never saw the six hundreds again. Also, the EV+ mode was reset due to the update which I figure would happen, but the EV+ is not working the same way it did after the update. The EV+ prior to the update would turn on about 2 miles to reach my house, now after the update if it turns on 1/4 mile prior to being in the vicinity I'm lucky. Also, btw I didn't see any gain on the MPG with the update. Anyone else see this problem?

I had the update done to my car and I noticed two things. First, when I left the dealership after performing the update I fueled up the car. The car indicated that I now had 678 miles to empty. I was shocked as I never had that before it was always around 535 to 578 when filling up. Well I never saw that again. In fact a few times after that I saw 335 miles to empty. It is back to 558 but I never saw the six hundreds again. Also, the EV+ mode was reset due to the update which I figure would happen, but the EV+ is not working the same way it did after the update. The EV+ prior to the update would turn on about 2 miles to reach my house, now after the update if it turns on 1/4 mile prior to being in the vicinity I'm lucky. Also, btw I didn't see any gain on the MPG with the update. Anyone else see this problem?

Nope. No issues here.