acdii

What can Ford do to make the Fusion Even better?

I would like the addition of daytime running lights and a return to the 17.5 gallon fuel tank. Also, the ability to control whether a 12 volt (lighter style) power receptacle remains on or off when the ignition is off (and at least two of these independent of each other--so they can be set differently).

Those are my wishes......

I would like the following:

- AppLink added to MFT.

- A subwoofer would be nice for the stereo.

- Being able to have multiple phones connected through SYNC. So either my phone or my wife's can be used through the car.

- Daytime running lights would be nice, but I don't need them.

Otherwise I cannot think of anything else that I would need.

They already have DRL, just have your dealer activate them. Mine did.

APPLINK for sure!

Minimal, the accessories graph shows about the same draw as before they were activated. They draw far less than if you turn the lights on since you only have 2 bulbs at reduced voltage instead of all the lights going.

Minimal, the accessories graph shows about the same draw as before they were activated. They draw far less than if you turn the lights on since you only have 2 bulbs at reduced voltage instead of all the lights going.

How do you guys turn on the accessories graph, or are you referring to the scan gauge II data?

We're talking about the graph on MyView that shows the accessories power draw and climate (AC) power draw

I can't find this on my FFH. How do you get to it?

That's a pretty minimal power draw. DRLs might be turned on at reduced power and not the full brightness of the headlights which would mean that their power draw is even less. I'm unsure as my dealer told me they turned on my DRLs but when I picked the car up I discovered that there are still no DRLs...

One bulb draw ~50 watts, DRL are at half power, so both on would be ~50 watts. Also the DRL are on only when in gear.

Right below the tachometer when changing the left side of your MyView. It can also be on the right, but I've never put it there. I always keep the coolant temp on the right. Sorry I don't have a pic...

Took a while, but I found MyView. Never realized it existed. Always wanted to be able to customize the gauges. Too bad I can't replace the leaves with a customized MyView and leave the left side on something else.

I'll have to play with the MyView to figure out how I want to customize it.

One bulb draw ~50 watts, DRL are at half power, so both on would be ~50 watts. Also the DRL are on only when in gear.

50 watts here, 50 watts there... eventually it adds up to a real power drain.

I agree that every light bulb has an MPG cost, but IIHS review shows that DRL provides too much of a safety benefit to be lumped in with the "power drain" category. I have an appointment Friday to have mine turned on. Thanks Gry Sql for showing that DRL can be turned on.

I agree that every light bulb has an MPG cost, but IIHS review shows that DRL provides too much of a safety benefit to be lumped in with the "power drain" category. I have an appointment Friday to have mine turned on. Thanks Gry Sql for showing that DRL can be turned on.

I was a little tongue-in-cheek when I posted that. ;)

I do plan on installing some LED DLRs. I have the LED strips I just have to get time to go have them installed.

Where are you having them installed, at Ford, or an independent shop? I'm planning on doing it shortly, but I'm afraid if I do it at an independent, it will void the warranty.

What do you mean? It will void the warrentee? If this were true, we couldn't install aftermarket remote car starts. They might not warrentee problems caused by the modifications so you have to be selective how and where you install them.

For instance, I'm not keen on splicing into the windshield wiper wiring as suggested above. I'd much prefer to hook directly into a spare fuse slot in the fuse box so that I don't compromise other systems. I'm also not opening up the lights themselves.

BTW: I'm having someone I know who has a detailing and aftermarket modification shop do it.

Ideally, we should probably tie such things into a spare fuse slot, assuming the fuse slot gets turned off when the ignition is off. I don't know enough about the system to know if the spare fuse slots are still powered when the car is turned off.

Okay what I want is to be able to get my emails on the Sync system!

You know like they advertise :happy feet: But for some reason my Iphone 4S, while it gets text messages just fine (even with the recent update),

for the life of me you would think Ford would want one of the largest smart phone systems in the world to work in their cars.

Honda and Toyota do!! :shift: