acdii

What can Ford do to make the Fusion Even better?

I think this would be a neat topic, and if anyone from Ford Corporate would ever see this, it might help get ideas actually put to good use.

One thing that I think would be a great idea is on the battery display, instead of the circle thing going around when you apply brakes, a bar graph right next to the battery showing amount of regen being sent to the pack would be better. In fact it would be best if it was staged in such a way as to show you how much braking to apply to get the most and when you are about to apply too much braking that would put it into the service brakes. Maybe like yellow green yellow red, with yellow displayed when not enough pressure, green when just the right amount, yellow again when giving too much, and red when you exceed it. From a programming standpoint, shouldnt be too hard and since the display is LED Graphics, it can be a backwards compatible upgrade. For that matter, it doesnt even need to be a bar graph, the turning circles itself could change color.

Well, you know, somethings just cant make up for common sense. :)

When using the Nav, the right screen comes in handy, so does the climate screen.

Make the Fusion better.

1) Fix the packages....

No leather option with the 5 spoke wheels....??? Why ???

Too few options for wheel choices in Hybrid. Give me what I want.......Please !

No option for block heater in my region. (Unless dealer installed after)

2)Give me a internet browser in my center screen. Through my phone or the cars own service.

3)Center console hybrid status screen. Why doesnt the background car represent my car?

4)Get 47mpg for real. Or advertise 37-39 mpg.

5)Give me a actual % number of the hybrid batteries charge option ...Not a battery graph.

6)110 power adapter in rear seat. s/b 400 watts not 150 watts. AND running off the hybrid battery also.

I ran things in my home off an inverter, after Hurricane Sandy. It was a great backup option.

7)Rear view camera, should be viewable anytime, Not just backing up. And with pix capture.

Maybe one in front to see the end of my hood when parking.

8) I dont need a shelf in my glove box.

I agree with some other ideas posted here.

4)Get 47mpg for real. Or advertise 37-39 mpg.- I really would be happy if they advertised 37-39 because I get the 47 MPG.

8) I dont need a shelf in my glove box. - My wife really likes the shelf....and that's what counts.

4) I got 49.91 MPG for the tank from yesterday's fill-up, was the first time in several fill-ups that was under 50 and was just barely, so MPG is fine on mine. Will be interesting to see if the pending software update might improve it more, time will tell....

8) I like the shelf but neither seems deep enough and top shelf needs a small ridge on it, stuff is always falling out when I open the glove box.

I put the factory floor mats on the battery shelf, those buggers are sticky, nothing moves off of them.

4) I got 49.91 MPG for the tank from yesterday's fill-up, was the first time in several fill-ups that was under 50 and was just barely, so MPG is fine on mine. Will be interesting to see if the pending software update might improve it more, time will tell....

You must be hot in that car with the A/C off for an entire tank.

That or no ethanol in your gas.

My thoughts on the patch are mixed.

If FORD could have given us better mileage. Wouldn't they have done it already.

They went so far for bragging rights.. Only to be trashed over this slip.

I think the actual improvement will be small. Although higher speed electric maybe a good difference.

Oh yea, One more idea for the Fusion.

Driver programable EV+ setting. More like a GPS Favorite setting.

Since you live on Long Island your should be getting good gas mileage. It's basically flat. I travel to the Island frequently and get 45+ when traveling around from point to point. When I take the ferry to Conn. I get excellent mileage.

I also get great mileage when I take the ferry too ! :)

Mileage varies greatly. I have had 46 mpg tanks. and 2 tanks under 30 mpg. 3 drivers, 1 car.

Our total average so far is 36 mpg to date. 4K miles. With many trips of 51+ mpg. :salute:

I believe that some of our mpg variance is due to the fuel filler.

My last fill up clicked off at 10.4 gal's. But it filled to 12.7 gal's.

So, I'm focused on long term average mileage for accuracy.

Long Island is the land of Stop lights and Stop signs.

That's why I got the hybrid. No better choice for us here.

I see no driving benefit of this area over others.

I can and have gotten 32mpg out of a Chrysler T&C. Way over EPA on trips.

My point is, Fusion should get closer to posted EPA. For average drivers. Shouldn't have to hypermile to achieve.

Didn't intend to get into mileage on this post.

I posted a bunch of other good idea's.

Such a touchy subject, here.