JSKershaw

BLIS and Cross Traffic Alert

The sensor is a black box about 4" square, one on each side of the car. They are located under the bumper cover on each fender, and it probably is just a bad sensor. I dont know how hard the bumper cover is to remove on the Fusion, but on the Flex, which uses hte same sensors setup, I could have the module replaced in an hour. Hopefully with diagnostic time, it will be no more than a couple hours for them to repair it. This is my 5th car with Cross traffic alert and the first time I heard of a sensor going bad. usually its just moisture that causes the sensor to blank out, and clears up after driving for a while. I found on foggy days, moisture can collect on the inner side of the bumper and cause the sensor to be blocked. Happened to me when I got the Fusion SPort one week after getting the car when we were up at the Dells. Cleared up later that day.

man, these cars are more complex than a PC now! My laptop loses USB drives occasionally and has to be reset, so now cars are the same way. Ouch

12. You'd have to press the "start" button to turn the engine off.

Yep! That we do!