acdii

Show your Fuelly

Too many miles on road trips with a loaded car.

Last years trip avg. to CA before the PCM update was low IIRC around 35 - 36 MPG.

All road trips since the update have returned between 38 - 40 MPG (pump #) and usually that meant 5 or more fill ups per week.

Driving to and from work means I fill up every 7 days ( I work from home at least 1 day a week ) which means it takes a long time to make up for the road trips.

My LIR shows 42 MPG lifetime @ 25000 miles

The avg. MPG (Empower screen) since the update is back to 43.2 MPG after it was down to 42 MPG after our FL trip.

I use Trip 2 to track FE in between oil changes currently it shows 43.3 MPG (8000 miles)

It does seem low but I know why (memorable road trips) so it doesn't bother me all I'm actually really happy overall. Airplane tickets are way more expensive ;)

Makes sense. So far lifetime on mine is sitting at 42.3 on the dash. I dont record Fuelly for winter driving since I already know it will be bad, I just record average for EPA type driving. You know, based on what they test at, a certain temperature and certain load, just to see how close it can actually get. Driving in sub zero temps and winter blend is not what they test at. Considering how cold last winter was, 42.3 is not bad at all.

Also, airplane trips are much less comfortable and enjoyable!

Neither is being groped before even getting to the plane.