Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Window Vent Visors Installed

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

No additional wind noise for me either. The only issue I have had with mine is on the driver's side. On some hot days, the plastic vent seems to expand some (or come loose) in the channel causing the window safety feature to kick in when rolling the window up. All I have to do is stick my finger in the channel to move the vent outwards some. The window then raises all the way fine.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   DeeCee

DeeCee

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2004 Toyota Tacoma, 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Have not had that problem, so far. Knock on wood!

• thavil likes this

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Reserve

MKZ Technology package

White Platinum

Cappuccino Leather

#23 OFFLINE   Griswald

Griswald

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 297 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

My vent visors showed up on my porch last evening.  Took all of about 10 minutes to install them.  I have the car at home sitting for the required 24 hours to set the 3M tape glue.

Looks fantastic and only extends out from the body about 1/2"  Can't really see that causing too much drag or noise.  They are much closer to the body than my previous versions, but they were all on trucks.

#24 OFFLINE   inco

inco

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 215 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

Reading through here and looking around for these critters, there are two kinds of visors. One fits on the outside of the window and attaches via tape to the door.. The second type goes up into the window channel and sometimes causes the window to catch. I suspect the latter product is from Ford?

I was asked yesterday which one I wanted - the aftermarket product or the Ford product. I didn't think it mattered until I read Griswald's post and he mentioned they stick out from the body. Now bells and alarms are going off because the one that attaches outside to the door frame was problematic on a previous vehicle - hot days and car washes were a bad combo. The heat caused the vent tape to expand and the car wash brush did the rest.

I was able to get it back on, but the tape was weak at that spot. Now I'm thinking the window channel insert might be the best way to go unless the price is really worse. I was quoted $106 for all four and now I'm thinking these are the door version and not the channel. Which one is the Ford version? Does it really matter. To me I'm thinking waxing and one more place for the wax to catch if it goes on the door.

And wind noise - which one gets less?  Okay, I'm done. Now let the masses respond. :)

Drive fuelishly  - not foolishly

#25 OFFLINE   DeeCee

DeeCee

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2004 Toyota Tacoma, 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

I installed the AVS In-Channel Ventvisors purchased online from AutoAnything, not Ford. I paid about $70 for the set of four. Have been on for about a year now and have had zero instances of any window operation problems.

• hybridbear likes this

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Reserve

MKZ Technology package

White Platinum

Cappuccino Leather

#26 OFFLINE   Griswald

Griswald

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 297 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

Inco, mine are AVS brand.  That is the brand that Ford supplies if you order them through Ford.  They are the in-channel versions and they DO stick out from the body.  Not much you can do about that, as they are designes to shroud the window so you can leave it down a bit in all weather conditions.  The tape is to fix them in the window channel and it sticks only on the rubber weatherstripping.  I have no issues with them "catching" the window now that the tape has set.  During assembly, the front passenger window would catch and reverse, but that was only until the tape set up and held the visor firmly.  There is no worries about waxing, they do not touch anything but rubber. (P.S.  Use Turtle Wax Ice wax and there are no worries about getting wax on anything, it just wipes right off!)

$47 on Amazon with free shipping.  Can't beat that!

• hybridbear and inco like this

#27 OFFLINE   inco

inco

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for clarifying those two points Griswald. All vents do protrude out from the door and have to in order to do their job. I was looking at the AVS site but they don't have shops in Canada that have them. Amazon Canada doesn't show them either, so shipping to Canada may not be possible. Will check that out. The in channel version is what I want. The door mounted ones I do not.

#28 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for clarifying those two points Griswald. All vents do protrude out from the door and have to in order to do their job. I was looking at the AVS site but they don't have shops in Canada that have them. Amazon Canada doesn't show them either, so shipping to Canada may not be possible. Will check that out. The in channel version is what I want. The door mounted ones I do not.

My dad's family in Canada ships stuff to my parents' house in Minneapolis when they can't get shipping to Canada. My parents then store it for them until the next time they come to Mpls. Maybe you have friends/family in the US that could do something similar for you?

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#29 OFFLINE   inco

inco

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Well a funny thing happened during my stay in Amazon. Thanks to my new bestest buddy Griswald, I found the visors and they do ship to Canada, likely using their Amazon Canada facility. And I ordered them. :happy feet:

Mind you they become a little more expensive when you take into account shipping, the Cdn. dollar and import fees  - the total jumps to over $70. But the good news is that we have/had a $25 gift certificate  that was never used and it was applied to bring the total down to $47.  I'm liking that so here's to Griswald - my new bestest buddy for steering me in the right direction. :thumbsup:

#30 OFFLINE   inco

inco

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

They came, I saw and I installed and they really do look good. Now the car is sitting and curing for the required 24 hours. Wish the sun would stay out and help and wish it were warmer, but they are in and no problems encountered. Thanks everyone for your advice and guidance. :happy feet:

#31 OFFLINE   dalesky

dalesky

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 535 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang GT conv, Fusion HYTI

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Wondering if anyone has heard that Weather Tech is now making these. Good American made products. I just got an email from them stating they were available for 2014 and 2015 Fusion.

HyTi Ice storm

black leather
Sony sound
Voice Nav
Moonroof
Driver assist

1st tank 5-20-13

#32 OFFLINE   Wayne MacLeod

Wayne MacLeod

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

I wish I had held off on buying the set from the dealership. They mount to the outside trim with 3M and hide the chrome. I just got my Energi in July and had them add them when I bought it. :(

#33 OFFLINE   devinron

devinron

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2012

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:48 AM

I have the AVS in-channel also that I ordered from http://4wheelonline.com. It looks good and follows the contour of the windows.

#34 OFFLINE   dalesky

dalesky

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 535 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang GT conv, Fusion HYTI

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

I Put some Weather Techs on my car, and one of the back ones actually fell off and got lost while driving!  Front ones are great, but I had to remove the remaining back one. The back ones kept slipping when the windows went down. There is no tape used for these.

HyTi Ice storm

black leather
Sony sound
Voice Nav
Moonroof
Driver assist

1st tank 5-20-13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·