thavil

Window Vent Visors Installed

I would feel guilty if I didn't report a small issue that I am experiencing after I installed my in-channel vent visors. I am now hearing a little road noise after the install that wasn't there before. Maybe I did something wrong during the install but I don't think so. I googled the noise and other owners hear it also. Not a deal breaker for me but it might be for others.

I am not surprised that you hear some noise now. They are in the slipstream so that wind noise will transfer a bit. I have had vent shades on other vehicles and always noticed wind noise after installing them.

Updates, any updates out there? It's almost a year since the last post and I'm wondering how happy people are with them. I have had them on all of my last vehicles and to me they make sense. Last week it was raining (a lot) and it was frustrating not being able to lower the window and get fresh air. Instead all I got was wet!

So has every one used the AVS product, or have you tried other brands as well. Seems to me in Canada we have access to Vent-Shade as the brand favorite. Need to check that out, but is every one happy having them?

Has there been any noticeable increase in wind noise or reduction in fuel economy?

Reading through here and looking around for these critters, there are two kinds of visors. One fits on the outside of the window and attaches via tape to the door.. The second type goes up into the window channel and sometimes causes the window to catch. I suspect the latter product is from Ford?

I was asked yesterday which one I wanted - the aftermarket product or the Ford product. I didn't think it mattered until I read Griswald's post and he mentioned they stick out from the body. Now bells and alarms are going off because the one that attaches outside to the door frame was problematic on a previous vehicle - hot days and car washes were a bad combo. The heat caused the vent tape to expand and the car wash brush did the rest.

I was able to get it back on, but the tape was weak at that spot. Now I'm thinking the window channel insert might be the best way to go unless the price is really worse. I was quoted $106 for all four and now I'm thinking these are the door version and not the channel. Which one is the Ford version? Does it really matter. To me I'm thinking waxing and one more place for the wax to catch if it goes on the door.

And wind noise - which one gets less? Okay, I'm done. Now let the masses respond. :)