corncobs

Road rage, have you encountered it driving FFH?

I know this response is a little delayed, but I have to relay what happened last week. We had torrential rain, neighborhood streets were flooded, and I was driving on a residential street with speed bumps and a 25mph speed limit. I was driving 25mph, and this raving lunatic in a Dodge Charger passed me on a double yellow line, blew through a deep puddle that covered my windshield so that I couldn't see anything for a couple of seconds, then crashed over a spoke bump, until guess what? He got stuck at the red light where I pulled up right behind him. You are right acdii, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

No you can't, nor will you ever convince them that it doesn't really save them much time in the end.

One place I used to work, my team would have to make occasional road trips to other offices. Our manager would drive in one car and one of our senior techs would drive the other. The rest of us would split between the two cars. Our manager was one of those aggressive drivers who would weave in and out of traffic, brake late and accelerate hard. The senior tech, drove fast, but rarely changed lanes and always kept a decent following distance. Invariably the manager would get boxed in by traffic, where as the the sea of traffic would just part for the senior tech to let him through. Wasn't uncommon for the senior tech to beat the manager to the location. You can imagine who I preferred to ride with.

rwK32iv.jpg

Hybrid badges gone, it will be interesting to see if the increase in aggressive drivers drops. No ugly logos ruining my car's lines is a total bonus. :camera:

Is that a Tesla Model S I see in the background?

As the article says, they approach all cars as though they are EV vehicles. Makes sense.

I know that there has been training on emerging motor vehicle technology for many years.

Still, all fire departments do not train exactly the same.

--

Question:

I want to ask rfruth a question about the link in your Signature.

One item describes the Atkinson start technology, where did you get that info from, it is very illuminating, I'd like to know more.

Perhaps in another thread topic about the Atkinson ICE?

"In a hybrid ICE engine, the electric motor spins the engine up to 1,000 rpm BEFORE ignition and combustion occur. Thus, the pistons are not under any pressure from ignition until they are already spinning at optimal rpm. Also, because the engine directly drives the oil pump, the oil pump is pressurized and lubricating the engine before combustion ever occurs"

I got the Atkinson technology bit from forddotcom a few nights ago, the 1000 rpm start story was told to me several years ago, have found no reason to doubt it.

Edited by rfruth

rwK32iv.jpg

Hybrid badges gone, it will be interesting to see if the increase in aggressive drivers drops. No ugly logos ruining my car's lines is a total bonus. :camera:

I was wondering how to do this recently, as I'm not a fan of badges either. Any instructions/suggestions?

I was wondering how to do this recently, as I'm not a fan of badges either. Any instructions/suggestions?

I want to tint the windows on my car like LASooner has in the photo above. The problem is in DE it is illegal to tint the front windows that dark. Is this the same in every state? I see a lot of cars with all the windows tinted even here in Delaware and I am wondering how you get away with it?

Sort of the same here, dont mind the badges on the Fusion but the FLEX is now gone from my hood and in my glove box. The body shop repainted the front end, took them 4 different formulations until the got the right match, and I asked them to leave off the FLEX. I think it looks better now.

We are very spoiled bunch since like the rest of the world who's. paying 2x the gas price get half. which means we are so used to wasting fuels, food, energy etc that we don't even realize that.

Yes I have been a victim of a jeep overtaking me at a back road with posted speed of 30 taking over illegally 50 mph on the wrong side of the road. I can't justify why ppl behave so arrogantly just to save 2 minutes and most of the time get stuck at the same stop light ahead of you. I laugh at them all the time. its freakin hilarious.

Some moron in a Jeep decided that 55 in a 50 zone wasn't fast enough, so he passed me, then proceeded to pass 2 other people in no passing zones after it changed to 35 MPH. Some people are just too stupid.

On the way home another moron in a black SUV decided stops signs are optional, at well over 60 MPH. If I were a few MPH slower I would have been broadsided by that idiot.

Some day I will. great input thanks.

Can't agre for the government donation part. they would burn it off on wars and weapons which in my opinion are more polluting than driving a hybrid. :).

take it easy buddy.

I LOLOLOL big time this morning. 3 fools sped past me, going around to be in line at the red light, I mosey past them all as the light turned green, I zip around the car that was in my lane, the lanes merge down to one and who gets to be in front of them all, This Guy! :)

I LOLOLOL big time this morning. 3 fools sped past me, going around to be in line at the red light, I mosey past them all as the light turned green, I zip around the car that was in my lane, the lanes merge down to one and who gets to be in front of them all, This Guy! :)

Just trying to cause road rage aren't you? ;-)

A coworker of mine who has a serious lead foot had an even faster car riding her bumper while she was passing some cars. She then noticed a silver Mustang in the right lane, which is what our state police like to drive. She pulled over to the right lane and let the other car pass. Sure enough, it was an unmarked patrol car and the other driver got nailed.