corncobs

Road rage, have you encountered it driving FFH?

Holy crap that sounds like a very scary incident. Sounds like he got some lesson told by the sheriff. Hopefully he was also forced to attend an anger management seminar.

A google search of "I hate hybrid drivers" results in a fair amount of hits, although Prius seems to be the focus of most of them. I thought of that because I had once googled "I hate Geico commercials." Come to find out, I am not the only one.

Edited by MidnightX

I have noticed so much more aggressive behavior toward me on the freeways since I got the car. I don't really drive it all that different than my old car, especially since I turned off the instant MPG gauge that was distracting me too much. This is reflected in my less than great mileage noted in my fuelly badge. But just the sight of the hybrid badges on the car must be driving people insane. I was thinking of having them removed anyway, and the guy who's going to seal my paint is going to remove them for free. It'll look better without them anyway.

I have noticed so much more aggressive behavior toward me on the freeways since I got the car. I don't really drive it all that different than my old car, especially since I turned off the instant MPG gauge that was distracting me too much. This is reflected in my less than great mileage noted in my fuelly badge. But just the sight of the hybrid badges on the car must be driving people insane. I was thinking of having them removed anyway, and the guy who's going to seal my paint is going to remove them for free. It'll look better without them anyway.

im not sure its the badge...i just think its crazy arse people.! Even when i drive my CTS-V with nearly 600RWHP.......People just want to be in front of it!!! If youre going 5 mph over speed limit...they wanna go 10...if you go 10...they wanna go 15.......its just amazing!!! now with the FFH....i set the cruise near the speed limit and just drive my drive!

I wouldn't remove the Hybrid badges, I think they look much classier than regular Fusions. I think Keith is correct, it's not the car or the badge. No matter how fast you are going, some jerk is going to want to go faster.

As I said, I was thinking about getting rid of them anyway. I don't care if people know I'm saving money, since I can't drive in the carpool lane alone it matters not.

As an artist, it drives me nuts that the font for the hybrid badge is different than the fusion and titanium badges.

Around here the "hybrid haters" drive pick ups which is ironic as the wife's FFH shares a garage with an F-150. The preferred form of harrassment is to attempt to wipe the dew off the left front bumper, especially if you don't do 40 mph on residential streets. Also, have they passed a law making stop signs a suggestion?

Also, have they passed a law making stop signs a suggestion?

Is that a question for driving a hybrid in order to get better gas mileage or that other people don't wanna stop at stop signs? ;-)

You would not believe how many times I am walking my dogs in my quiet residential neighborhood and as I am approaching the corner, some jerk blows through the stop sign, barely missing one of the dogs and myself. Imagine if someone was approaching the stop sign from the cross streets - you know I'd testify as a witness against the jerk who ignores the stop signs.

The preferred form of harrassment is to attempt to wipe the dew off the left front bumper, especially if you don't do 40 mph on residential streets.

I've had my FFH for 2 months now and have had more near misses to my left front bumper than I had in my Cadillac CTS in 2 years! Haters!!!

The leaves on my dashboard are not as important as the lives in my car.

A nutso tailgater will make me speed up a bit until I can let him/her by or, if necessary, I'll find a safe place to pull over.

I'm too old to fight about it.

I'm thinking of putting some of those James Bond road oilers on the back of my car. That will fix them Thunder Road style.

Edited by hermans

I'm thinking of putting some of those James Bond road oilers on the back of my car. That will fix them Thunder Road style.

Reason I like my sunroof. Combine that with a bag of marbles. :)

The leaves on my dashboard are not as important as the lives in my car.

A nutso tailgater will make me speed up a bit until I can let him/her by or, if necessary, I'll find a safe place to pull over.

I'm too old to fight about it.

This is a good attitude to have. I don't think I've noticed more animosity driving a hybrid. But then again I probably was the victim of a fair bit of animosity before since I tend to stick closely to the speed limit after getting a speeding ticket once. Insurance is already too expensive and I'm not going to risk getting another speeding ticket ever again.

This is a good attitude to have. I don't think I've noticed more animosity driving a hybrid. But then again I probably was the victim of a fair bit of animosity before since I tend to stick closely to the speed limit after getting a speeding ticket once. Insurance is already too expensive and I'm not going to risk getting another speeding ticket ever again.

Amen to that. I am the same way, and have been for a very long time. Even with my 365 HP twin Turbo beast I still keep it within 5 MPH of the speed limit. Only times I have been pulled over for exceeding the speed limit have been while passing someone, and got away with just a warning. Now I only pass if the moron in front is driving under the limit or erratic enough to mess with my glide, and even then I keep it down, only fast enough to get around quickly then let off back to the speed I was going before passing.

When I drive the Triumph its almost the same thing but I can't control the rate of oil flow to the road, lol.

I have a "Get Smart" car, a 67 Sunbeam Tiger. I should rig an oiler to this car.

I watched that movie last night, Max going out the doors and down the steps in the Tiger, lol.

I watched that movie last night, Max going out the doors and down the steps in the Tiger, lol.

I really wouldn't put oilers on it as it is all original down to the battery and tires.

Sometimes some drivers just need to be yanked from their cars and have their heads opened up just to see if there is any viable brain matter in there. Some A$$h0l3 in a dudge magnum decided 25 MPH was too slow for him, so he raced around a couple back roads, blew through a stop sign, and went past a school bus that had its lights on, just to get ahead of everyone.

Guess who was sitting 10 cars back from the light, and was only 4 cars ahead, and guess who passed that jack pulling into my parking lot. Seriously? You Waste gas speeding around, put kids in jeopardy only to be 4 cars ahead and what does that save you? There are times some people just need a good beat down.

But you know what they say

Can't Fix stupid.

Takes a Special Kind of Stupid to race to a red light.

Sometimes some drivers just need to be yanked from their cars and have their heads opened up just to see if there is any viable brain matter in there.

May I be your assistant Dr. acdii I would love to hear that echo. Sounds like this dudes head echo would have been pretty loud.

May I be your assistant Dr. acdii I would love to hear that echo. Sounds like this dudes head echo would have been pretty loud.

Pretty much. He damn near pulled out in front of me, he stopped at the last moment, but was going to blow the sign pulling out onto Cary/Algonquin. Dude must have been doing 40 down those side roads. If you know Blackhawk/Harrison, you know exactly what roads I am referring to him speeding on, the one with all the speed bumps.

Yep been there! Like I said very very hollow between the ears.

Maybe if you happen to see him do this again just let the cops know the could wait for in that neiborhood.

They do occasionally park where you cant see them and do nail some of these idiots, and sometimes they are just not in the right place at the right time. I love when they setup a left turn sting by the Mexican restaurant. They have 2-3 cars there, and one guy just sits back and watches for cars coming down that side road after 4 PM, and sit where only cars going north can be seen. They signal one of the other guys who steps out of their car, holds up their hand, and points to the side of the road. I once saw them nail 6 cars at one time.

No left turn between 4-6 PM means, No Left Turn! I LOL every time! The best part of it all, you save NO time by turning down this side street because by the time to you get to the light to turn onto 62, those cars or trucks you were sitting behind, have already gone up over the bridge.

Can't Fix Stupid.

rwK32iv.jpg

Hybrid badges gone, it will be interesting to see if the increase in aggressive drivers drops. No ugly logos ruining my car's lines is a total bonus. :camera: