Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Claying for dummies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LEM

LEM

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 195 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

My car is going to be 3 weeks old since I bought it. Since then, I have washed it every weekend.

Since I don't have a private garage I have taken it to one of those car bays and washed it with water and Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash. It looks nice.

Now I have been reading here and there that you need to clay your car soon otherwise eventually it will start showing rust spots because of the transportation from Mexico.

The more I read the more complicated seems to be the whole process. So many products and so many things to do. Somebody even mentioned that it would take like 7 hours

to have everything done.

I really want to have my car clean and safe from future problems, that's why I am asking if you guys could provide a simple guide for people like me about what needs to be done in the simplest way possible.

As I said, I don't have a garage so I cannot really spend hours doing this in a car bay.

I also thought of taking the car for detailing somewhere but I'm not sure how much I should trust that. Do they do claying at the dealership?

Thanks and sorry for asking something like this.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

See post 23 in the below regarding claying (the link to the Meguiar's video where the guy gives the demo), it was easy enough that even I could do it.  I've done it on my wife's Energi and did get a small amount of gunk from the surface, however have not yet done my own car and will get to it in the next month or two.

http://fordfusionhyb...no-vs-meguiars/

Edited by jeff_h, 01 July 2013 - 04:57 PM.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#3 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

It is easy, but does take time.  Get this and follow the directions in the package, then apply some Gold Class wax, and enjoy.   You can get these at just about any place that sells auto stuff.   Get a couple terry cloth 100% cotton towels for wiping down the surface after you finish a section too, just make sure to wash the towels without any softener and very little detergent, so that it will absorb as much as it can when you wipe down.  I picked a few up at Target for about $4 each, and they are holding up well.  You can use a microfiber, but make sure it is the ones for auto detailing and not some generic 15 in a package cheap ones.  I found a 3 pack of some for car detailing at wlamart that do a decent job.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#4 OFFLINE   LEM

LEM

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 195 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Thanks guys, for the video and the link to the product. I feel more comfortable about doing this now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·