clummus

Oh no...have I ruined my paint???

Help! I tried to get the sticky residue from the removed dealer sticker off my car with goo gone. I can't get it to look right. Have I ruined it?? I was preparing to clay bar and polish it today, and wanted that sticker off. What do I do now? Any help is so appreciated. The picture doesn't show it as bad as it looks in person..:(((

1062222_10200251944836445_1284429541_n.j

well maybe I panicked.to soon..been out here using the.dawn spray with water solution and the clay bar.and it.looks like it's coming off....

It's too hot to be outside in Texas today. Maybe the heat's getting to ya. :)

Edited by kuzzi

Goo gone wont hurt the paint, You just didnt let it soak in enough to get the rest of the goo off.

Goo Gone shouldn't damage the paint - I've been using it for years on old and new cars alike. Did it get fixed in the end?

Yes after alot of muscle applied, which I don't have..Lol. I worked on my car from ten to seven..Lol..I have the last step tomorrow which is the CS.

Yes after alot of muscle applied, which I don't have..Lol. I worked on my car from ten to seven..Lol..I have the last step tomorrow which is the CS.

CS?

thanks corncob for explaining that. I.decided.to.follow.acdiis program with the zaino. it looks awesome so far. I think next time I'll pay someone to do it!

thanks corncob for explaining that. I.decided.to.follow.acdiis program with the zaino. it looks awesome so far. I think next time I'll pay someone to do it!

The first time is the hardest I just had my second round today and it's a lot easier. I washed her and put another coat of Z5 and a coat of Z2 on top of that.

It looks awesome since you have RR too here is a pic from today.

A8A85225-345B-40A1-86D0-17FADF368421-743

Thousand likes! Looks like it is going to be dry today so going to give mine a bath and wipe down. Cleaning is the hardest part, but well worth the effort when the final results look so good!

The first time is the hardest I just had my second round today and it's a lot easier. I washed her and put another coat of Z5 and a coat of Z2 on top of that.

It looks awesome since you have RR too here is a pic from today.

A8A85225-345B-40A1-86D0-17FADF368421-743

That looks great! And what looked like a scratch in your last picture is not in this picture WHEW!

Take a picture today now that it is sunny out, it was way too cloudy to really show that RR POP.