David Henry

New Fusion Hybrid Owner

Hey guys, good morning! I just wanted to introduce myself. As of this past Wednesday I am a proud new owner of a black 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium! I am really digging the car so far. I'm an IT guy, so the tech is amazing, but the amount of it starts to make your head hurt. Of course I tried to learn everything in one night. Yesterday afternoon I tested the Active Park Assist for the first time and found it to be amazing! I have prior experience with driving hybrids so my fuel mileage is pretty good so far. Around town I can easily get 50-55 MPG. On my drive to work the other day (48 miles one way) I got around 46.5 MPG.

I have had one problem so far. Yesterday it had gotten pretty hot (90 degrees) and my wife and I were getting ready to leave for somewhere. About 10 minutes before we left I used the smart key to roll down all the windows and open the moonroof. When we got in to leave I got the "no key detected" message and neither of our smart keys would unlock the car or work at all. Around 5 minutes later it started to work. We drove a few miles and we shut off the car. When we went to leave it did the no key detected again. I had to put the fob in that backup slot in the arm rest. I did a little research and found this TSB:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/pubs/content/~WT/~MUS~LEN/3586/tsb13-05-32.htm

That looks like my issue so I'll be contacting the dealer Monday. I just find it funny that of all this impressive technology in the car, the key fob is the thing that is flaky.

I hope everyone has a great day and I look forward to talking to you all about our amazing cars.

post-11942-0-67373800-1371999470_thumb.jpg

post-11942-0-37427800-1371999471_thumb.jpg

post-11942-0-11572800-1371999472_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys and ill be mindful of the attachments. My commute is around 80% highway. Eco cruise really helps out with that. Also I noticed that climate control really gives mileage a big hit. In the morning my mpg is a lot better. Later in the day the same commute is around 41-42 mpg which is still pretty darned good. I also pumped my tires up to around 48 psi, which helps a great deal and you get longer tread life too.

From a fellow Black HyTi owner, WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! I love mine. You are right, the AC on a hot humid day takes its toll. Took a trip to the stores and all trips were below average, a couple not even breaking 39, but need to keep the kids cool.

Everytime a White FF passes me, which seems to happen quite often now, I think Ying and Yang.

yinYang.gif

I washed mine today and found quite a few water spots. So then I used some macguires detail spray and a towel to get the spots off. She's so pretty now though :)

I washed mine today and found quite a few water spots. So then I used some macguires detail spray and a towel to get the spots off. She's so pretty now though :)

I did the same with Turtle Wax Black detailer spray. It does a very good job, just make sure you wipe it clean, or it will show under the right light angles that you missed a spot. :) It's as easy to use as Z6, but much less expensive and easy to get.

Turtle Wax Detailer Spray

I got 49 MPG on my way to work this morning. AWESOME! As for my key issues, I have an appointment on 7/6. Told them about the TSB and they seem pretty receptive. Did it to me again today and it was around 95 degrees. Def has something to do with the heat.

I'm taking her on her first long trip on Thursday! The wife and I are driving up to Watkins Glen, NY for an endurance race, camping, and touring the Finger Lakes wine country. I'll let you all know how she does. :)

Edited by David Henry

how do you guys get fuelly in your signature? I'm using the html from their site and adding it to my signature using the "code" button, but it keeps just showing code. Suggestions?

how do you guys get fuelly in your signature? I'm using the html from their site and adding it to my signature using the "code" button, but it keeps just showing code. Suggestions?

Dont use the code button. Delete what you have there now, and just paste the html in, the forum will do the rest.