GrySql

Detailer Spray by 303 Products

While maintaining my cars over the years I've come to rely on what is called 'Speed Detailer', a watered down synthetic spray that I use to 'dry wash' the car when it's not too dirty. I've used Meguiar's and Turtlewax Ice, currently preferring the Ice spray.

I've also used Aerospace 303 for the exterior vinyl, tires, interior leather and vinyl and my convertible top, it is an amazing product.

I just noticed that they are now selling a 303 Speed Detailer, I bought some a couple weeks ago.

It may seem expensive but it's a 32oz bottle, Ice is 20oz.

Thursday I used it on the FFH which I'd washed 2 days prior and had some bugs and road dust on it.

I used the 303 Speed Detailer when the car was cool, sitting in the garage.

To make a short story out of it, the stuff is extremely easy to use, like other 303 products.

Spray on, wipe dry and the car was very smooth and dry, almost a satin feeling.

I had my wife come out and touch a portion of the paint that was not done yet and an area I'd just applied the 303 SD on, she liked it.

Your hand just glides over the paint, throw a towel on the hood and it slides off.

It's my new favorite for quick cleanups.

41LApVhM4aL_zps988c98a9.jpg

Edited by GrySql

Sounds like the Z6 spray. Also costs less than Z. $10.50 for 32 ounces, vs $9.95 for 16 ounces.

Sounds like the Z6 spray. Also costs less than Z. $10.50 for 32 ounces, vs $9.95 for 16 ounces.

Finding the 303 is the problem, other than Amazon there are very few retailers and those are mostly RV and boating supply outlets. With Amazon there is shipping so the cost adds up.

Luckily, a little goes a long way and lasts a long time.

As my FFH was treated with Final Seal when I bought it this spray seems to really enhance what was already done.

Works a treat on my other car too, real slippery.

I imagine any of the Zaino products are the highest quality but I've never seen it in a local retail store.

If I had done my car with a Zaino program I'd probably stay with their detailer spray, who knows how different products interact.

That is true, and Zaino is online only direct from the manufacturer, but they ship really fast, and it isnt that much to ship, they flat rate the shipping.

I have been pondering doing a mobile detailing side job featuring Zaino products, and just might do it if I can get my foot in the door somewhere to get enough potential business to warranty the insurance. I have practically everything I need except a trailer, and that I can get too if needed. I have a generator, water tank, pressure washer, compressor, cleaning supplies, vacuums, so all I would need is a canopy and a trailer. If I could do 2-4 cars a weekend, I could potentially earn $400 after expenses each weekend, or an extra $1200 a month. If I can work out a plan with the dealer I got my cars through, he owns a few places, I could do it inside during the cold moths too.

Besides, when my car looks like this, it would be great advertising!

999483_561828287192643_5479225_n.jpg

clummus would probably be your first customer!

Now knowing what you already do with you day I wonder if you have a way to squeeze a few more hours out of each day. Can you tell/teach us how you do that.

Yes, I would hire you in a second!!! wish you were closer acdii.:( . I don't know of any really good detail shops around here. I haven't called around yet to see if anyone will do the zaino protocol or something similar but just as good. No one I've asked has ever heard of claying and.polishing instead of waxing. but I don't hang around with alot of car buffs I guess:)'

I have just ordered some 303 for the convertible top and the detailing spray. I have been very happy with the Meguiar's Quik Detailer also. I have used it for years on my Mustang between washes, after dusting the the CA Duster. If sprayed directly on a spot, like a bug or bird poop it takes it off quite well.

I love detailer sprays, and so far the Meguiars is my favorite.

Got some sprinkler water spots on the hood of the Mustang recently. My street was being seal coated and I had to park it outside near a neighbor's house. Those water spots take a lot of work to get out!

Finding the 303 is the problem, other than Amazon there are very few retailers and those are mostly RV and boating supply outlets. With Amazon there is shipping so the cost adds up.

Luckily, a little goes a long way and lasts a long time.

As my FFH was treated with Final Seal when I bought it this spray seems to really enhance what was already done.

Works a treat on my other car too, real slippery.

I imagine any of the Zaino products are the highest quality but I've never seen it in a local retail store.

If I had done my car with a Zaino program I'd probably stay with their detailer spray, who knows how different products interact.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I can always find enough at Amazon to meet their $25 free shipping threshold. It's like an addiction at times. I love tech items, and between them and Woot I go crazy at times.

Another product that I have "discovered" recently is from Surf City Garage and the bottle is "Speed Demon Wax Detailer". Have been using it on my Platinum White FFH and it works great. We use it in the house on granite countertops and all glass. Does the windshield on the car better than any glass cleaner I have tried. Applied with a microfiber towel it leaves no streaks.

Another good thing, it is at Wal-Mart. There are a bunch of other Surf City products and I just got the leather treatment and it seems to do a good job too.

While maintaining my cars over the years I've come to rely on what is called 'Speed Detailer', a watered down synthetic spray that I use to 'dry wash' the car when it's not too dirty. I've used Meguiar's and Turtlewax Ice, currently preferring the Ice spray.

I've also used Aerospace 303 for the exterior vinyl, tires, interior leather and vinyl and my convertible top, it is an amazing product.

I just noticed that they are now selling a 303 Speed Detailer, I bought some a couple weeks ago.

It may seem expensive but it's a 32oz bottle, Ice is 20oz.

Thursday I used it on the FFH which I'd washed 2 days prior and had some bugs and road dust on it.

I used the 303 Speed Detailer when the car was cool, sitting in the garage.

To make a short story out of it, the stuff is extremely easy to use, like other 303 products.

Spray on, wipe dry and the car was very smooth and dry, almost a satin feeling.

I had my wife come out and touch a portion of the paint that was not done yet and an area I'd just applied the 303 SD on, she liked it.

Your hand just glides over the paint, throw a towel on the hood and it slides off.

It's my new favorite for quick cleanups.

41LApVhM4aL_zps988c98a9.jpg

I am afraid to use something on the car if it has not been washed! Using this product (or Zaino or anything else) when the car has minor road dirt doesn't scratch the finish?

If the car needs a wash, wash it. If its just dusty I use a California duster to wipe it down, then go over it with the detailer spray, but if the car got wet at any time between washings, I would wash it first.

If the car needs a wash, wash it. If its just dusty I use a California duster to wipe it down, then go over it with the detailer spray, but if the car got wet at any time between washings, I would wash it first.

I completely agree. If there is a layer of dust, even a thin layer it can be abrasive unless it is washed first with a gentle soap and plenty of water. The California duster is amazing and most Detailer sprays are easy and quick to use. I just picked up the Surf City product to take on my next trip (for the airplane). Really looking forward to trying the 303 Detailer on the cars.

My tip is to make sure that you always use clean microfiber cloths.

I have certain colors for specific uses. (Yellow for final polishing, blue for interior wiping and applying tire gloss, orange for engine cleanup. They are washed together in hot water with NO FABRIC SOFTENER, then gentle dried on a very LIGHT HEAT setting.

I rotate them out once they have been used to make sure that they don't have residue from a prior use.

It may seem picky, but cars aren't cheap and taking care of them has never...ever had a negative impact.

They are washed together in hot water with NO FABRIC SOFTENER, then gentle dried on a very LIGHT HEAT setting.

That is a key point that is not often discussed, no fabric softener - good one!

I completely agree. If there is a layer of dust, even a thin layer it can be abrasive unless it is washed first with a gentle soap and plenty of water. The California duster is amazing and most Detailer sprays are easy and quick to use. I just picked up the Surf City product to take on my next trip (for the airplane). Really looking forward to trying the 303 Detailer on the cars.

My tip is to make sure that you always use clean microfiber cloths.

I have certain colors for specific uses. (Yellow for final polishing, blue for interior wiping and applying tire gloss, orange for engine cleanup. They are washed together in hot water with NO FABRIC SOFTENER, then gentle dried on a very LIGHT HEAT setting.

I rotate them out once they have been used to make sure that they don't have residue from a prior use.

It may seem picky, but cars aren't cheap and taking care of them has never...ever had a negative impact.

These statements make sense! The original post stated "Thursday I used it on the FFH which I'd washed 2 days prior and had some bugs and road dust on it.

I used the 303 Speed Detailer when the car was cool, sitting in the garage." I always wash my car before using any detail spray, wax or polish.

These statements make sense! The original post stated "Thursday I used it on the FFH which I'd washed 2 days prior and had some bugs and road dust on it.

I used the 303 Speed Detailer when the car was cool, sitting in the garage." I always wash my car before using any detail spray, wax or polish.

Great point ---- that is the perfect time and place to use the Detailer spray. I once made the mistake of using it in a hot car (at a car show)... It set up too quickly and created more of a problem than the fingerprints caused.