gadgetguy

New 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid

For those saying they did just like ford. Take a look at the size of the battery in that car. I cant find info right this min but I did before when i looked. Its massively larger than our car has. Trunk space is massively small too.

Motortrend in there testing got 59mpg with it tho.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/1308_2014_honda_accord_hybrid_japan_first_drive/

Japanese specs, so we will loose some MPG by the fact that everything in the USA gets the software ... with before it gets to our hands even if all it does is makes things worse (Cell phones and crapware are a good example).

Ill try to find the battery size info for you guys in a few min.

Edited by hybridbear
inappropriate language removed

Fusion 1.4kWh battery.

Accord Hybrid Plug-in 41kWh

Accord Hybrid 6.7kWh

Says the accord looses right under 9cu ft of trunk space because of the battery vs the gas model. My trunk is already small, I dont want that lol

Edited by Eddie Sessum

I dont mind the blue stuff. But the accord is still just that. A blah accord.

I think with the bigger battery that would benefit in hilly situations. Engine pushing you up and keeping the SOC high.

Based on what I see in the MKZ though charging the battery pulls the milage down on flat land. Hills may help us also.

As for the FFH... That happy hybrid logo on the side... LOL

I like my little 2.0H

Edited by acdii
Reported for offensive language.

I saw what i believe was a yaris hybrid earlier and it actually looked pretty good.. Was too small to be a prius for sure and it has the blue logo and ... on the front lol

Edited by hybridbear
inappropriate language removed

Their comments about driving to maximize fuel economy and easily clearing the EPA rating are the same with the FFH. It all depends on how and where you drive.

Too bad we cant get info on where they tested at if it was flat, hilly or what..

I still say from my experience our cars going in and out of ev mode hurts our mpg between 63 and 66mph.. The charging uses more fuel than just running the ICE. I've tested multiple times and once the soc is up I get 2-3mpg more at 70mph since the update.

If Ford (and others) can follow the rules and give misleading numbers, that's the EPA's fault for making a test cycle that's easily gamed, not Ford's fault for doing the best they can within the rules. The EPA needs to come up with a test cycle that acknowledges that people drive over 50 MPH for extended periods of time, accelerate faster than 3 MPH/s, etc.

That said, has the bad publicity really hurt Ford? They lowered the EPA estimate on the C-Max hybrid in August and had record sales that month. They are selling Fusion Hybrids as fast as they can make them. I just ordered my first FFH and was well aware of all of the controversy about the fuel efficiency. It just didn't change my mind. By the same token, I can't really blame Honda for doing the same thing (if, in fact, they did).