fusionTX

MFT Likes and Dislikes

It might if while you are looking up you run into the car in front of you because you weren't watching the road.

LOL murphy, I should have seen that response coming. :doh:

The SYNC system is designed to recognize your voice commands while you're talking at a normal volume from the driver's seat. It can be helpful to know where the microphone is located, but you certainly don't have to take your eyes off of the road to give a command.

Kim

Hi tr7driver,
You'll find the SYNC microphone located either in your rear view mirror or in the headliner just above the windshield. :)
Kim

Hello Kim,

I'm just wondering if there's a glitch on my SYNC system...

Every other day or so, I get some "system fault" with the navigation. It'll say please insert SD card. I've reinserted it a few times and it still doesn't work. Some days it'll work just fine and some days it'll be useless. I've had days where it works for 1-2 minutes and then have a little pop up that states insert SD card.

Is this a SYNC system fault (software issue) or hardware issue?

Hello Kim,

I'm just wondering if there's a glitch on my SYNC system...

Every other day or so, I get some "system fault" with the navigation. It'll say please insert SD card. I've reinserted it a few times and it still doesn't work. Some days it'll work just fine and some days it'll be useless. I've had days where it works for 1-2 minutes and then have a little pop up that states insert SD card.

Is this a SYNC system fault (software issue) or hardware issue?

Hi Double-Tap,

It's difficult to tell what is causing this. I'm going to suggest performing a master reset after removing the SD card: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch Keep in mind that this will erase all of your saved settings, so make sure the SD card isn't accidentally being bumped out (since it is spring loaded). In that case, the reset wouldn't be necessary.

Once you're done resetting the system, reinsert the SD card and pair your phone: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/pair-your-phone-sync-myford-touch

If this doesn't resolve the issue, it may be a hardware issue. If this is the case, the dealership will be the best to diagnose.

Kim

It might if while you are looking up you run into the car in front of you because you weren't watching the road.

Is this....

Murphy's Law?

Just sayin