fusionTX

MFT Likes and Dislikes

You can control how much feed back you want. The factory setting is set for max.

This, its under the advanced menus. Take half a day and go through the menus and trains the system to your speech patterns, and if you want your wifes too. (not sure if it can distinguish a driver based on the key fob like the memory seats do though). I did that with my F150 while I was waiting for someone, and it took quite some time, but whenever I said something it never misunderstood.

My MFT Dislikes,

Can't turn the radio on or off from the steering wheel.

Seat heaters can only be controlled by the MFT screen on the hyTi(SE I believe still has buttons).

Other than that, I can't think of anything else that annoys me or that I dont like.

WANT APPLINK!

With the 3.6 update you no longer need to touch the very corners to change screens. Touch the general area and the screen changes. This was a nice change from earlier version.

My wife noticed that the other day and said hey I like that!

Used the navigation system for the first time yesterday and set a course to my daughter's home. System took me on a route I would not have gone, but one my daughter uses and it was shorter! Very good. However getting onto our 401 highway there used to be an entrance from the collectors to the express that was closed off about a year ago. The system tried to have me go that way, so updating I guess is needed.

Like the way it recalculates and the street it wanted me to take I ignored and went to the next one and it corrected everything and had me in the right location. Now here is a thought. Once it gets you where you have chosen, why doesn't it shut down, or idle? As I drove away to go home from her house it was giving me directions to go back! I had to shut it down manually as I'm speeding along the 401. I learned, but the other way would have been much better. :idea:

According to my NAV, my house is 1/4 mile up the road. I set my home where the car sat as mentioned above.

I don't like how voice command goes into a loooong story when it misunderstands you, like "try saying blah blah , or go to www. blah blah! You can't interrupt her or get the results you need RIGHT NOW, not until she's done talking.

I also don't like how every so often the radio comes on when you start the car. I don't use the radio/cd player that often, maybe once a month. It is turned off when I leave the car, but when I start the car it comes on by itself and scares the crap out of me.

To interrupt her, just press the voice button while she's yakking away.

....or adjust the amount of interface you want with the yakking.

She'll go into lengthy explanations of certain features even with advanced mode enabled. Usually this happens if she can't understand you. Like if I try to do a POI that she doesn't understand she first tell me to "Try again". If it still doesn't work, she'll tell that it didn't work and then explain that "You can even even use common names like Marriott".

I've gotten to the point where as soon as I hear the failure beeps, I just hit sync again.

Thanks for that tip! It works fine. I looked through the menus for the adjustment for less help/yakking but I couldn't find that menu, I searched for 15 minutes while my Pizza was being cooked.

Hi Kaleido,

For the least amount of feedback from SYNC, press the 2 gears > SETTINGS > VOICE CONTROL > select ADVANCED next to INTERACTION MODE > touch OFF next to CONFIRMATION PROMPTS.

Kim

Thanks Kim,

I forgot all about that screen. I did what you said and it looks like it was already set to off. All my choices remained the same no matter which was selected between advanced or novice. So I confirmed the settings and we'll see how it goes. I did notice that commands can't be heard over the roar of the fan blower when on high defrost, I have to manually lower the fan speed for commands to be heard. Thanks again for your help.

As long as those settings are selected, you'll get the least feedback from the MyFord Touch system. Voice commands will work best with minimal background noise, but you may see an improvement if an effort is made to speak toward the microphone while the defrost is on high and also make sure other blowers are pointing away from the microphone.

Kim

Where is the Microphone?

Hi tr7driver,
You'll find the SYNC microphone located either in your rear view mirror or in the headliner just above the windshield. :)
Kim