Kaleido

Top Speed ?

You are referring to top speed on a race track and not an open US road with a speed limit, correct? (hint hint)

I took my 79 LTD wagon up to 130 once. The car had no headliner so when that big metal roof started flapping it scared the crap out of me so I slowed down. I think I could have squeezed another 10 out of it before I ran out of RPM. Amazing how much power you can get out of a blueprinted 302.

I hit 105 with the wife in the passenger seat one day, it seemed that it would have kept going, but my passenger seat governor kicked in

I posted elsewhere the perfect solution to the right seat speed governor.

But this seems like a better place to put it.

969065_615318991819305_2017623455_n.jpg

Instead of calling it Idiotic. Let us all agree on one thing, it didn't really happen,(wink wink) IE We as a group don't condone the driving of a car over the speed limit and breaking the law. (yeah we ALL do it every day, just not to this extreme) This was what I was trying to convey in my earlier post at the beginning of this thread.

BUT! No street racing stories! Got that! (like that will ever happen with our hybrids) LOL

I haven't looked at the tree in this car, all I remember of the last one is the dead branches on that screen.

When I feel the need for Speed, I can always head up to Wisconsin and take a few passes on the drag strip up there. Did that in my 2010 Flex EB, and it was a blast pulling 13.3 in that box.