Sign in to follow this  
clummus

keeping fingerprints off MFT screen

I cut a piece of clear vinyl and tucked it behind the trim panel around the screen so it stays in place without using any type of adhesive.

It does not show any fingerprints or bubbles. But because its a softer material, it does show some scratches, but it can't be noticed when the screen is lit up.

The vinyl is from a fabric store, 8 mil thick, a strip cost $1.50, enough to make about 10 protectors. Cut it with a straight edge and razor blade to 4 7/16 x 6 15/16 and it will fit perfectly.

I noticed a lot of fingerprints after I first installed my Nushield. I was quite disappointed.

But then after one or two cleanings with some touchscreen cleaning fluid, I haven't noticed any fingerprint smears in months. I almost think the finger oils and/or cleaning fluid needed to permeate the Nushield screen protector to make the fingerprints not show up as much now.

So now I have good-sized barely-used bottle of touchscreen cleaning fluid riding around in the car with me, for no apparent reason at all now. smile.png

I found a cheaper solution. I've trained myself to only touch the screen with my fingernail. My nails aren't long or anything, but it's effective.