tnlmt

Powertrain Fault detected Symbol

This is the "squeaky wheel" forum. Most owners don't even come here. The troubles reported here are very informative but usually have little real world relevance as we are not a random sampling. Some items like the "clicking" spacer solution are much more general. Power train problems of most eCVT ( Toyota/Ford ) hybrids are rare. Take it to the dealer.

This is the first run of the new style Fusion, its a new car from the ground up, so there will be a few not so good ones, but for being a first year car, the problems are not that bad, and not that many.

Short list,

Clicking axle noise, described by some as a ping pong ball being dropped, there is a TSB to repair it, SOLVED

Back window distortion, this is a quality issue that some notice, some dont, and at this point not worth repairing due to the amount of work needed to do so.

The usual MFT glitches.

JOB 1 cars have a recall on a fuel tank vent that can leak, will get fully resolved in a few months when the replacement part becomes available.

Incorrect shifter installed on Luxury package cars, Ford sent out a letter to owners to have it replaced with the correct one.

Wrinkled headliner on some early build cars.

Passenger side door molding, still unresolved as my JOB 2 HyTi also has this, and I can tell its not the trim but the pillar panels that are the problem. Whether it will get resolved, unknown, not many complain about it here.

Battery Saver, there is a TSB for a reprogramming of the charging system to correct this, and some owners have also had the 12V battery replaced due to the under charging.

Did I miss any?

Edited by acdii

Not sure, I just focused(hah punny) on the Hybrid.