Sign in to follow this  
clummus

best microfiber cloth/mitt to use?

I had said earlier not to use MF, but I retracted that after I realized that I was using an MF towel, but it is far different from the MF cloths I also use.

Use the Blue one, not the green one. The blue is sold in auto parts stores as a drying towel. It is super soft and the fibers are tight.

1017252_554492981259507_747713631_n.jpg

Notice how tight and thick they are. They dont grab particles that can scratch the paint.

1010903_554493017926170_1793674736_n.jpg

I had mentioned in other threads that I would take a pic of what I was referring to with the MF grabbing stuff and not letting go.

Notice how short and puffy the fibers are here, and also notice stuff stuck to the towel.

1006170_554493171259488_2099284328_n.jpg

So dont buy bagged MF towels for your paint. They are perfect for glass and interior, but Dont use on paint! If you want to use MF, get good high quality ones specifically sold for auto cleanup.

Edit. To find out if it is good for your paint, glide your hand over it, if you feel it catching on your dry skin(provided your skin is a little dry) dont use it on paint, it should feel soft and smooth and not catch on the tiny pieces of dry skin on your fingers.

Edited by acdii

Those are the same wash mitts I use, they work great, its the towels that you need to be careful with.

See THESE Dont use them.

What you want to look for are ones that specify use for drying and polishing auto paint, and not dusting. The linked to ones are fine for dusting the interior and cleaning glass, but I would not use them on paint.

I would use THIS instead.

I have a power brush for mine that has very soft bristles, and rotates using the water pressure. but I haven't used it in years. I just use the soaping tank and low pressure to rinse the car, but hand wash it with a mitt.