thavil

Splash Guards Installed

Installed OEM splash guards today that I purchased on eBay. Very easy install, the hardest part was finding a 7mm socket in my toolbox. Saved $100 by installing myself.

20130615_155050_zps4575874b.jpg[/url

Edited by thavil

I had the OEM's installed by the dealer prior to delivery. Cost me $125 installed. After 4000 miles they seem to keep the dirt and stone chips off. Very pleased with them.

Actually very easy to install yourself if you are patient. The fronts are very easy

because you can turn the tire and get in there easily. The rears take a little

bit of work if you have the tools.

In the rears, if you don't plan to take the tires off, you either need a very small

ratchet extension, or a I used a flexible one to bend at 90 degrees and it worked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001223OF8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheap and a good item to have and did the trick. As other person said, it's a 7mm socket

you need.

On the front their are these plastic retention pins and they come out easily. But I didn't

understand and I tried to pry out the whole piece and snap out the fixed base of the clip

and should have just taken out the pin. Got another one at the dealer for $1 and that

was that. The center pin comes out easily if you put a small screw driver under it

or your fingernail.

Pin: https://www.winzerusa.com/ecat/images/4-1/5026101_160_160.jpg

Very doable if you are thinking about this. These are the parts

DS7Z-16A550-AA (Front)
DS7Z-16A550-CA (Rear)

I think those would be a good choice on mine too. With my lousy driveway its hard to keep the junk off the paint, especially with the mud hole at the end of the driveway my wife tends to run through every single time and splash the side of the newly cleaned car. GRRRRR.

Actually very easy to install yourself if you are patient. The fronts are very easy

because you can turn the tire and get in there easily. The rears take a little

bit of work if you have the tools.

In the rears, if you don't plan to take the tires off, you either need a very small

ratchet extension, or a I used a flexible one to bend at 90 degrees and it worked.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001223OF8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheap and a good item to have and did the trick. As other person said, it's a 7mm socket

you need.

On the front their are these plastic retention pins and they come out easily. But I didn't

understand and I tried to pry out the whole piece and snap out the fixed base of the clip

and should have just taken out the pin. Got another one at the dealer for $1 and that

was that. The center pin comes out easily if you put a small screw driver under it

or your fingernail.

Pin: https://www.winzerusa.com/ecat/images/4-1/5026101_160_160.jpg

Very doable if you are thinking about this. These are the parts

DS7Z-16A550-AA (Front)

DS7Z-16A550-CA (Rear)

Good point about the small ratchet extension, I forgot to mention this. The extension is needed on the rear for the lower bolts that are well hidden inside the splash guards.

Don't tell the wife but I used one of her fondue forks to remove the front extension plugs. The instructions showed a tool that looked like a small fork and the fondue fork was cheaper and quicker than buying a one time tool!

Good point about the small ratchet extension, I forgot to mention this. The extension is needed on the rear for the lower bolts that are well hidden inside the splash guards.

Don't tell the wife but I used one of her fondue forks to remove the front extension plugs. The instructions showed a tool that looked like a small fork and the fondue fork was cheaper and quicker than buying a one time tool!

I just used a very small flathead screwdriver to carefully pry them loose. There's a tiny notch in the plugs to insert something like this. But whatever works!

I think those would be a good choice on mine too. With my lousy driveway its hard to keep the junk off the paint, especially with the mud hole at the end of the driveway my wife tends to run through every single time and splash the side of the newly cleaned car. GRRRRR.

I bought mine at http://www.ebay.com/itm/180972766805?redirect=mobile. Free and fast shipping and $10 cheaper than what my dealer wanted. What I really like about them is that they are made out of a rubber like material instead of hard plastic. Edited by thavil

I bought mine at http://www.ebay.com/itm/180972766805?redirect=mobile. Free and fast shipping and $10 cheaper than what my dealer wanted. What I really like about them is that they are made out of a rubber like material instead of hard plastic.

Just brought mine and see your post. Lol

Got mine from the Ebay Seller linked above, it took a while. Well, the Seller was great, the package was on a train just behind another train that derailed in Amarillo, TX.

My package sat on the train for several days waiting for a clear track but they are on the front/rear of my car now.

The 4 corner install took an hour or so, the 1/4" ratchet with 7mm socket was indispensable.

They are a subtle little accessory, I like 'em.

Edited by GrySql