Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

600 mile club

MPG range DTE

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Wow that's a huge difference!  I wonder why the change since the car seems to have grown in size, but they reduce the tank size.  That's strange as well.  I've found a few low mileage 2010's-2012's.  But the asking price is close to a new 2015 Fusion Hybrid S.  The "S" model just doesn't have power seats, heated mirrors and Sirius/XM correct?  All 3 are on the SE?  Any other differences?   

I believe power seats require an upgrade from the base SE. Check out the Order Guides here for more info. You can also check out this thread for differences of SE versus Titanium. We should maybe update that thread to include S versus SE differences.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#222 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

Wow that's a huge difference!  I wonder why the change since the car seems to have grown in size, but they reduce the tank size.  That's strange as well.  I've found a few low mileage 2010's-2012's.  But the asking price is close to a new 2015 Fusion Hybrid S.  The "S" model just doesn't have power seats, heated mirrors and Sirius/XM correct?  All 3 are on the SE?  Any other differences?   

I believe the smaller gas tank was shrunk to cut a little extra weight and that improvements in gas mileage would still allow the car to have the same range. A gallon of gasoline weighs over 6 lbs, so by shrinking the tank by 4 gallons they cut 24 lbs. of possible weight, not counting the little extra the larger tank would would weigh. It's also possible they used some of the space savings for the battery.

• hybridbear likes this

#223 OFFLINE   hybridwannabe

hybridwannabe

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fiesta 1.0
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

I believe power seats require an upgrade from the base SE. Check out the Order Guides here for more info. You can also check out this thread for differences of SE versus Titanium. We should maybe update that thread to include S versus SE differences.

Thanks for the info!  There are a few S models in my area that are marked down pretty low for Memorial Day.  I can live with no power seats and the other stuff.  The ONLY thing that I can't deal with is lack of Sirius/XM.  I have an aftermarket radio now on my dash and swore I'd never again buy a car without Sirius/XM installed.  I've been searching this site to see if it can be added to the stock S model radio, but it doesn't look like it.  That really stinks.  I'd even pay a decent amount to add it to the stock S radio after purchase.  But doesn't seem to be an option.  Ugh.  BTW I drive upwards of 30k or so a year so satellite radio is a must!

• hybridbear likes this

#224 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

Have you considered a portable Sirius radio which could be connected through the USB or RCA connector? That would be cheaper than buying an SE if you're really comfortable with the Hybrid S features.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#225 OFFLINE   hybridwannabe

hybridwannabe

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

Have you considered a portable Sirius radio which could be connected through the USB or RCA connector? That would be cheaper than buying an SE if you're really comfortable with the Hybrid S features.

Yes that's what I have now and I hate it!!  Too small, using a remote stinks etc.  That's why I said next car "has" to have Sirius/XM.  I have the latest Onyx Plus too.  If I'm buying again, just want it in the vehicle radio.  I understand it's not an option for the S model, but too bad they couldn't have made it easy to add with some sort of module or something.  

Besides that, I don't really see anything I would miss with the S.  I did notice one brochure said "4 speakers" where as another said 6.  I'd hope it would have 6.  4 would be terrible and back to the 80's haha.  Another thing is there are hardly any blue FFH's around, but oddly enough 3 in the area are S models.  Go figure!

#226 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

That was one of the main reasons I opted for the SE over the S, was because the S did not have the Sirius radio. But I also really wanted the spoiler and the 5-spoke wheels in the SE Appearance Package.

Here is the list of differences between the base SE and the S, as listed in the 2015 Fusion Order Guide:

SE Standard Equipment:

All S Hybrid Content, Plus:
● 6 Speakers (Edit: BTW, the standard equipment list for the S in the Order Guide says "6 speakers" as well.)
● Body-Color Rocker Moldings
● Compass
● Mirrors – Upgraded Exterior Mirrors
    — Heated
    — Puddle Lamps
    — Turn Signal Indicator
● Outside Temperature Indicator
● Rear A/C and Heat Ducts
● Rear Center Armrest w/2 cup holders
● Rear Floor Mats
● Seats
    — Eco Cloth
    — 10-Way Power Drivers Seat Including Power Lumbar (fore/aft, up/down, tilt, recline, 2-way power lumbar,

memory) (My Note: S model has 6-Way Manual Driver Seat.)
    — 6-Way Power Passenger Seat (fore/aft, up/down with recline) (My Note: S model has 4-Way Manual

Passenger Seat.)
● SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad
● SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with 6-month Prepaid subscription
(48 Contiguous States). Service not available in Alaska or
Hawaii.

And pretty much, the only options of note on the S model are the Rear Inflatable Seat Belts and the Remote Start System accessory.

Edited by Hybrider, 21 May 2015 - 12:29 AM.

• hybridbear likes this

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#227 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

That was one of the main reasons I opted for the SE over the S, was because the S did not have the Sirius radio. But I also really wanted the spoiler and the 5-spoke wheels in the SE Appearance Package.

Here is the list of differences between the base SE and the S, as listed in the 2015 Fusion Order Guide:

SE Standard Equipment:

● 6 Speakers (Edit: BTW, the standard equipment list for the S in the Order Guide says "6 speakers" as well.)
● Compass
● Mirrors Upgraded Exterior Mirrors
    Heated
    Puddle Lamps
    Turn Signal Indicator
● Rear Floor Mats
● Seats
    Eco Cloth
    10-Way Power Drivers Seat Including Power Lumbar (fore/aft, up/down, tilt, recline, 2-way power lumbar,
    6-Way Power Passenger Seat (fore/aft, up/down with recline) (My Note: S model has 4-Way Manual
         Passenger Seat.)
● SecuriCode Keyless-Entry Keypad
Hawaii.

And pretty much, the only options of note on the S model are the Rear Inflatable Seat Belts and the Remote Start System accessory.

Thanks! Would you be so kind to please also post this in the SE vs HyTi thread linked previously? I'll then change the name to reflect that it also shows S vs SE differences. Thanks!!
  • jeff_h likes this

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#228 OFFLINE   hybridwannabe

hybridwannabe

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

SE Standard Equipment:

● Compass
● Mirrors – Upgraded Exterior Mirrors
    — Heated
    — Puddle Lamps
    — Turn Signal Indicator
● Rear Floor Mats
● Seats
    — Eco Cloth
    — 10-Way Power Drivers Seat Including Power Lumbar (fore/aft, up/down, tilt, recline, 2-way power lumbar,

— 6-Way Power Passenger Seat (fore/aft, up/down with recline) (My Note: S model has 4-Way Manual

Passenger Seat.)
● SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad
Hawaii.

Wow thanks for the detailed list!  A couple of things stick out: I would miss the compass, but no biggie.  Would definitely miss the outside temp indicator.  But no end of the world either.  I imagine the resale value on these is just terrible though.  They are missing a lot of standard features that most would want.  I also wonder about the seats.  I know they are eco color but wondering if they are different than the SE seats?  Aka cheaper and less comfortable?  I've never sat in one.  I drive nearly 30k a year, so the seats have to be comfortable.  Any know if they are just a different color than SE seats?  Since there are so few blue ones around, I may have to suck it up and get an S.  The other blue ones are loaded and in the $30k range.  Way too many options that I don't want.  I'd rather have less than more.  Only because I'm cheap haha!

#229 OFFLINE   Eric.C.Boston

Eric.C.Boston

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 24 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

Hello,

I doubted that I could get 600 miles a second time in a row, but just got over at my regular gas stop yesterday with 4 miles to Empty. The fill was 11.972 Gallons for a calculated 50.23 MPG. It might be more difficult for three in a row because I am traveling in mountainous New Hampshire on a trip during the next 600 miles. The lifetime MPG is still creeping up slowly and is currently at 49.1 MPG.

Regards, Eric

Attached Files

• ptjones and Hybrider like this

#230 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 987 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

A couple of things stick out: I would miss the compass, but no biggie.  Would definitely miss the outside temp indicator.  But no end of the world either.  I imagine the resale value on these is just terrible though.  They are missing a lot of standard features that most would want.  I also wonder about the seats.  I know they are eco color but wondering if they are different than the SE seats?  Aka cheaper and less comfortable?  I've never sat in one.  I drive nearly 30k a year, so the seats have to be comfortable.  Any know if they are just a different color than SE seats?  Since there are so few blue ones around, I may have to suck it up and get an S.  The other blue ones are loaded and in the $30k range.  Way too many options that I don't want.  I'd rather have less than more.  Only because I'm cheap haha!

I have a 2015 FFH S.  It does have the compass and it also has outside temperature indicators. The temperature is displayed at two locations: on the interior center stack and also the instrument panel. The seat upholstery in the S is different (color and style). You should compare them to be sure they would be acceptable to you. I personally like them and I liked the color better than the dune or black that was available in the SE. Both my wife and I have found them comfortable on long road trips.

• hybridbear likes this

#231 OFFLINE   hybridwannabe

hybridwannabe

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:11 PM

I have a 2015 FFH S.  It does have the compass and it also has outside temperature indicators. The temperature is displayed at two locations: on the interior center stack and also the instrument panel. The seat upholstery in the S is different (color and style). You should compare them to be sure they would be acceptable to you. I personally like them and I liked the color better than the dune or black that was available in the SE. Both my wife and I have found them comfortable on long road trips.

Thanks for the info!  Anything you miss that the "S" model doesn't have?  It's funny you mention the seat color.  I like grey better than the black or dune as well.  So I think they at least look better.  A great combo with the blue.  Though I could easily live with black.  Dune probably not.  So I'm good with color.  Do you know if they are the same seats as the SE though?  Just wondering if they put something cheaper in there.  Good to hear you like them on long trips.  That's just what I need!

Went by the dealer today that has a blue S Hybrid.  It's so new, it hasn't been prepped yet.  Plastic everywhere, even on the wheels.  The one salesman that was walking by said they just received it.  So I doubt they'll be making the same type of deal as if it was on the lot a month or two and need to get rid of it.  Still searching around as inventory changes every day, but they really don't make too many blue ones. 

• hybridbear likes this

#232 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 987 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the info!  Anything you miss that the "S" model doesn't have?  

Do you know if they are the same seats as the SE though?  Just wondering if they put something cheaper in there. 

I think there are a couple of factors that can often result in low satisfaction very quickly:

1. Being an early adopter and buying the first model year of a new or redesigned car.

The 2013 FFHs resulted in those owners working through lots of problems.  I experienced this pain when I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus and I won't make that mistake again. I will wait at least two or three model years for a new/redesigned car to work through the issues before buying. Consumer Reports frequently makes this recommendation.

2. Loading up a car with lots of technology that is relatively new.

Bleeding edge technology is great when it works but is annoying at best and infuriating at worst when it does not work. MFT, lane assist, automatic high beams, key pad door locks, BLIS, and much more are frequently the topics of frustration and aggravation within many threads of this forum. I specifically chose the FFH S because it leaves out most of the high tech equipment that has been problematic for many owners. I like manually adjusted seats. Heck, I would even prefer old fashioned hand crank windows if I could get them (never had one break in all my years of driving). I prefer a simple key over a bulging FOB in my pocket.  Ya, I know, my age is showing.
      ;)    Having said all that, why the heck did I buy a high tech hybrid? I blame the members on this forum, but I sure do like my FFH S.

To answer your questions, I can't think of anything on my S that I miss not having. I have come to really appreciate the back-up camera that is included on it. Only speculation on my part, but I think everything on the manual seats is the same as an SE except for the upholstery. I don’t think Ford would put different/cheaper seat frames/mechanisms in the S as compared to the SE.

Edited by Texasota, 21 May 2015 - 07:22 PM.

• hybridbear likes this

#233 OFFLINE   hybridwannabe

hybridwannabe

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

To answer your questions, I can't think of anything on my S that I miss not having. I have come to really appreciate the back-up camera that is included on it. Only speculation on my part, but I think everything on the manual seats is the same as an SE except for the upholstery. I don’t think Ford would put different/cheaper seat frames/mechanisms in the S as compared to the SE.

Thanks!  I agree with your post on both parts.  Although I'm not an early adapter normally, I did buy a 1.0 Fiesta.  It's been fantastic, but just too small!  I really liked the blue on grey seats on the S I saw today.  As long as the seats are the same frame/size etc. I'm more than OK with that as well.  I don't play with the seats once I'm settled in.  Dang it my only hangup is the Sirius/XM issue!  Not sure I can get around that one!  Still researching on how to add to a factory radio.  Not looking good.  Even the best aftermarket satellite radio is a POS in my opinion.  Ugh.

Oh what was the problem with your 2012 Focus?  Transmission issues?  I was sooo close to purchasing a 2015 Focus SE loaded exactly how I wanted.  Except for the transmission.  And reading around on the internet, the DCT is just terrible!  IF it wasn't so bad, I was ready to suck it up and get a manual.  But I wouldn't touch that transmission in a million years.  

Edited by hybridwannabe, 21 May 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#234 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

Thanks!  I agree with your post on both parts.

Hey 'hybridwannabe', you received a lot of answers in this Thread but maybe we could all move back to the main topic.

If you have anything else please feel free to start a discussion about them, we're all ears.     animated-smileys-animals-009.gif  :)

Edited by GrySql, 21 May 2015 - 10:47 PM.

• hybridbear and Texasota like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#235 OFFLINE   hybridwannabe

hybridwannabe

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

My apologies for getting off track.  Thanks for the responses.  Good luck to all trying to get into the 600 mile club!

• GrySql likes this

#236 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 516 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

New member in the club!  Fill up this morning -

348b7df4-0bd7-4366-8e0c-4d486a768c82.jpg

But rather disappointed to learn FFH has only a 13.5 gallon tank now ... the '12 my brother has is 14.5.  Gonna be damn tough to get well over 600 miles on a tank.  Phooey.  BTW, flipped to zero miles to empty as I rolled to the pump.  Lifetime MPG is 45.1 as of this fill.

Edited by Cobra348, 29 June 2015 - 10:19 AM.

• GrySql and Hybrider like this

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, auto wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#237 OFFLINE   lsherlockl

lsherlockl

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 73 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

Didnt really realize it but since out of WI winters Ive been getting the 600 tanks for awhile (though my hr commute usually means i fill up at just below a quarter)

Anyhow circumstances left the legs of the trip end at a nice 600 this time around, could actually still make it to work and maybe halfway back with what was left in the tank when I filled up.

This car never ceases to amaze. My commute must be perfect because since like April its been high 50's every day which is amazing. I really need to figure out where the lifetime average mpg is

EDIT: wrong pic this one XD other was just trip 2 

Attached File  WP_20150717_06_46_01_Pro1.jpg   57.21KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by lsherlockl, 20 July 2015 - 11:18 AM.

• Hybrider likes this

#238 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

I really need to figure out where the lifetime average mpg is

On the 2013s the Lifetime Summary appears alternating with the Trip Summary on the left dash screen immediately after shutting down the vehicle. Only the 2013s have this feature.
  • GrySql likes this

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#239 OFFLINE   lsherlockl

lsherlockl

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 73 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:15 AM

On the 2013s the Lifetime Summary appears alternating with the Trip Summary on the left dash screen immediately after shutting down the vehicle. Only the 2013s have this feature.

Oh thanks, witht he 14's had that oh well

#240 OFFLINE   higheroctave32

higheroctave32

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 62 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

Attached File  Screenshot_2015-11-03-19-28-28-1.png   1.2MB   0 downloadsBack in the club for the first time in a while. Would have made it a couple of times but had to fill up before reaching it due to circumstance.

Edited by higheroctave32, 03 November 2015 - 10:29 PM.

• corncobs likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MPG, range, DTE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·