hybridbear

600 mile club

That was one of the main reasons I opted for the SE over the S, was because the S did not have the Sirius radio. But I also really wanted the spoiler and the 5-spoke wheels in the SE Appearance Package.

Here is the list of differences between the base SE and the S, as listed in the 2015 Fusion Order Guide:

SE Standard Equipment:

All S Hybrid Content, Plus:
● 6 Speakers (Edit: BTW, the standard equipment list for the S in the Order Guide says "6 speakers" as well.)
● Body-Color Rocker Moldings
● Compass
● Mirrors – Upgraded Exterior Mirrors
— Heated
— Puddle Lamps
— Turn Signal Indicator
● Outside Temperature Indicator
● Rear A/C and Heat Ducts
● Rear Center Armrest w/2 cup holders
● Rear Floor Mats
● Seats
— Eco Cloth
— 10-Way Power Drivers Seat Including Power Lumbar (fore/aft, up/down, tilt, recline, 2-way power lumbar,

memory) (My Note: S model has 6-Way Manual Driver Seat.)
— 6-Way Power Passenger Seat (fore/aft, up/down with recline) (My Note: S model has 4-Way Manual

Passenger Seat.)
● SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad
● SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with 6-month Prepaid subscription
(48 Contiguous States). Service not available in Alaska or
Hawaii.

And pretty much, the only options of note on the S model are the Rear Inflatable Seat Belts and the Remote Start System accessory.

Edited by Hybrider

A couple of things stick out: I would miss the compass, but no biggie. Would definitely miss the outside temp indicator. But no end of the world either. I imagine the resale value on these is just terrible though. They are missing a lot of standard features that most would want. I also wonder about the seats. I know they are eco color but wondering if they are different than the SE seats? Aka cheaper and less comfortable? I've never sat in one. I drive nearly 30k a year, so the seats have to be comfortable. Any know if they are just a different color than SE seats? Since there are so few blue ones around, I may have to suck it up and get an S. The other blue ones are loaded and in the $30k range. Way too many options that I don't want. I'd rather have less than more. Only because I'm cheap haha!

I have a 2015 FFH S. It does have the compass and it also has outside temperature indicators. The temperature is displayed at two locations: on the interior center stack and also the instrument panel. The seat upholstery in the S is different (color and style). You should compare them to be sure they would be acceptable to you. I personally like them and I liked the color better than the dune or black that was available in the SE. Both my wife and I have found them comfortable on long road trips.

Thanks for the info! Anything you miss that the "S" model doesn't have?

Do you know if they are the same seats as the SE though? Just wondering if they put something cheaper in there.

I think there are a couple of factors that can often result in low satisfaction very quickly:

1. Being an early adopter and buying the first model year of a new or redesigned car.

The 2013 FFHs resulted in those owners working through lots of problems. I experienced this pain when I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus and I won't make that mistake again. I will wait at least two or three model years for a new/redesigned car to work through the issues before buying. Consumer Reports frequently makes this recommendation.

2. Loading up a car with lots of technology that is relatively new.

Bleeding edge technology is great when it works but is annoying at best and infuriating at worst when it does not work. MFT, lane assist, automatic high beams, key pad door locks, BLIS, and much more are frequently the topics of frustration and aggravation within many threads of this forum. I specifically chose the FFH S because it leaves out most of the high tech equipment that has been problematic for many owners. I like manually adjusted seats. Heck, I would even prefer old fashioned hand crank windows if I could get them (never had one break in all my years of driving). I prefer a simple key over a bulging FOB in my pocket. Ya, I know, my age is showing.

;) Having said all that, why the heck did I buy a high tech hybrid? I blame the members on this forum, but I sure do like my FFH S.

To answer your questions, I can't think of anything on my S that I miss not having. I have come to really appreciate the back-up camera that is included on it. Only speculation on my part, but I think everything on the manual seats is the same as an SE except for the upholstery. I don’t think Ford would put different/cheaper seat frames/mechanisms in the S as compared to the SE.

Edited by Texasota

This is 150 miles round trip/day to and from work from Culpeper, VA to Rockville, MD. 66 (The worlds largest parking lot).

Excellent job! However I don't know if I-66 is the world's largest parking lot, I-95 (in NoVA and in many states, actually) gives it plenty of competition. But getting such great range makes the parking lot traffic not quite as bad... still sucks, but just not as much.