Spadoac

Dead 12 V Battery

Picked up my FFH on 5-15-13. On 6-4 I went to open my trunk and it would not open. Then I tried the locks. I noticed a flicker of the lights and could see that my battery is dying. With in another minute to 2 it was stone dead.How could this be? I just came home 20 min ago. I had to look up the owners manuel on my smart phone because I had no clue how to get in my car. 30 min later Roadside Assistance had a tow truck there to help. As soon as the cable were hooked up it came to life. I made the mistake of taking the tow truck drivers suggestion that I left an interior light on. I went for a drive to make sure the all was fine and it seen to be so I parked it for the evening. The next morning DEAD! Tow to the dealer pick up a POS rental. 3 hrs later I get a call from my service advisor. My car is ready. There was a recent memo discussing a similar issue and all they had to do is update the computer program. I'm happy and on my way. 24 hrs later I try to unlock my car. DEAD AGAIN! After 10-15 min of having words with my dealer service advisor and trying numerous time to unlock my car. I call road side assistance for a tow. Just then I try one more time. It unlocks and starts. I got straight to the dealer before they close. Another POS rental and going on 5 days later they have not been able to duplicate the problem. They say that there are to many error codes to pinpoint exactly what is the problem but will replace the Body Control Module tomorrow.

Does any of this sound familiar to anybody else?

My patience are running a little thin right now!

2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid - Ingot Silver Metallic

• 505A Equipment Group
  • SE Technology Package
  • Voice-Activated Navigation
  • Reverse Sensing System

Built: April 25, 2013

Delivery: May 15, 2013

Edited by Spadoac

No pushbutton start. I hate to say it but I am now an expert at removing the cover from the door handel and manualy use the key. From what I have been told the shop forman has had to take over and is working directly with Ford Engineers to run full system checks on all computer modules. The susposedly will be a factory engineer who will be there tomorrow. They claim this is all new to them.

Did they replace the battery yet? The error codes will get thrown when the 12v battery is low. Unless they did a full overnight charge and load test on the battery to prove its good, I would have them replace the battery and see if that works.

No pushbutton start. I hate to say it but I am now an expert at removing the cover from the door handel and manualy use the key. From what I have been told the shop forman has had to take over and is working directly with Ford Engineers to run full system checks on all computer modules. The susposedly will be a factory engineer who will be there tomorrow. They claim this is all new to them.

The SE Hybrid does not have the option of push-button start, that was the reason I placed order #2 that was later abandoned.

On the above issue, have they replaced the 12v battery? I see from the above that "There was a recent memo discussing a similar issue and all they had to do is update the computer program" which I assume is the TSB on that issue, but if the 12v battery was no good by that time, maybe that should also be replaced.

The SE Hybrid does not have the option of push-button start, that was the reason I placed order #2 that was later abandoned.

On the above issue, have they replaced the 12v battery? I see from the above that "There was a recent memo discussing a similar issue and all they had to do is update the computer program" which I assume is the TSB on that issue, but if the 12v battery was no good by that time, maybe that should also be replaced.They

They have tested and determined the battery and it tests fine. I have already stated I would like a battery no mater what.

The latest is they need to go thru all the modules and connectors looking for water damage. There seems to be a dead short in the system. When do I step up and say I have had it. I want results NOW.

how many times has it been in for this and how many days out of service? If they cant fix it, there is always the lemon law.

Far easier to say then do my friend. Varies from State to State and also carries some cost to the owner. Dealer cooperation for this is very important,

A Ford customer affairs representative for our area is expected to contact me today or tomorrow. CA lemon law is like 30 days out of service and or 4 services for the same issue.

I have some experience with the Ford diagnostic process, having had design-level engineering help out on my car. First, ask the dealer to tell you about their interaction with Fords technical support center. Many times, the delay is a day to get word back and forth. If its been too long, ask for the dealer to request a Ford field service engineer on-site. That may take a few days, but they have company reach not available to dealerships. If you don't become your own best advocate, you're in for a wait. Also, ensure your dealership has a hybrid certified mechanic who is ACTUALLY working on this problem.

The Ford field service engineer will be looking at it today. They have been unable to duplicate a no start. They are seeing multiple codes stating there is a problem possible a short in the system but unable to pinpoint what. This is a large dealership so you would figure the only one working on this would be Hybrid certified.

how many times has it been in for this and how many days out of service? If they cant fix it, there is always the lemon law.

This is day 8.

Had you ever seen the "Battery Saver" message before this?

No I have never seen the " Battery Saver " message.

Still in the shop and exactly what is killing the battery is unknown.The latest from Ford on this is the battery is fine. The official description of the problem is a intermittent dead short. Until late yesterday they were unable to duplicate the problem. Finally! They did this by driving it for a half an hour of some city and highway driving under normal conditions. 3 hours later a dead battery no start. The second the jumper cable applied it came to life. Now this data taken has to be sent to Ford factory engineers to decide the next step to be taken. Looks like it will be another weekend with out my car.

The latest is the battery is toast! Error codes are gone! Houston We Have A Problem!

From the beginning in this forum,customer complaints, reviews and even the CMax owner that was in the Enterprise office when I was picking up the POS rental suggested it may be the battery! How is it that it takes Ford Engineers 9 days to determine this? They would like to keep a few more days to confirm there findings. That means 12+ of my life in this car are gone. Do you think Ford will offer any compensation? Will this be then end of the issues with my FFH?

Did you also get the software update TSB for the battery problem?

They did that 2 weeks ago and never considered changing the battery out until last Friday. That battery only lasted until Monday. The date code on the one that just failed was Sept 2012. The other 3 they had in stock had the same date. they made a wise decision to order a newer one with a later date. Hopefully I can pick it up today. I think they have been holding my car hostage so they can use it as a Ginnie pig to further understand this issue. They have had 3 different field engineers looking at it.