corncobs

First hybrid drive ever

MXGOLF, do you live in a hilly terrain that would cause the ICE to keep coming on as you accelerate uphill? I have had many trips where I achieved 50+ mpg, but South Florida is pretty flat terrain. My overall mpg is currently 42.9, but it is steadily climbing by 0.1 or 0.2 per fill-up. My last 3 fillups were at or about 45mpg. And I am far from the mileage champ on this site!

null_zps22b6d513.jpg

null_zps023ac45c.jpg

null_zpsc4408ea2.jpg

null_zpsda96586c.jpg

null_zpsee59fa0b.jpg

11 mile drive @55 MPH

Cool maybe your road was a bit flatter than driving north on Randall from Carpentersville. Anyway isn't it a lot of fun to play the number game and see results like this.

Cool maybe your road was a bit flatter than driving north on Randall from Carpentersville. Anyway isn't it a lot of fun to play the number game and see results like this.

It is rather hilly, but gradual ones. I gamed them by speeding up going down, and bleeding off going up. No one behind me so I was able to "Play the Hybrid" game.

Too bad I cant do that every time. I only got 42 last night on the same exact trip, but had the air on and didnt play the game. I do have my limits of how hot it gets before the windows go up and the air comes on.