Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Zaino How To

Nope, but if you want to save some money, the Meguiars works pretty good for clean up too.

Is this the quick detailer you're recommending as a substitute to Z-6?

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Gold-Class-Quik-Detailer/dp/B006FUT0AK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375813063&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=MEG+G7624

I havent used that one. THIS is the one I use, same stuff you get in the clay bar kit.

Detail spray? Depends if the car is just dusty, wipe it down with a california duster, and then use the spray and wipe down. If the car has seen rain though, wash it first. Rain makes the dirt stick, and the spray may take it off, but could also cause scratches.

OK,,,, so I Z6 it again tonite.... 50 miles on the car today and there were bugs and stuff....... Soooooo...........

Tomorrow it's going to rain. Do I have to wash it afterwards? I hate washing cars.....

Or do I just leave it in the garage and take one of the other cars?

Or Z6 it after this bad storm we are suppose to get tommorrow?? I figured after Clay Bar, Z5, Z2 and ocassional Z6 that the rain would be scared and stay away from my car. And just bead off,,,, and dry itself.... and welcome me after work for the drive home.

do I need the Z-CS and Z8 to accomplish this? Curious....... (don't want to have to wash the car until mid - 2015)

So here's some fun......

It's Friday night,,,, don't have to work tomorrow..... Z6 the car tonite.... looking sweet!... Decide to Armor All the tires..... stand back and admire my work.

Then it starts to RAIN! WTF???? (no clouds in the sky).

Pull the car in the garage and dry it off as quickly as possible. (10 min.)

Just get finished........ No more RAIN!

My car is now ruined! I believe GOD is telling me don't treat the car like it's anything more than a car.

Just another one of life's lessons. Lesson Learned!

You will be surprised just how good this car looks even when dirty.

I'm unfamiliar with the Zaino treatment.

I've used Meguiars for years. I have 2 coats of ultimate car wax on it right now.

How much better can I expect with the Zaino treatment?

I'm unfamiliar with the Zaino treatment.

I've used Meguiars for years. I have 2 coats of ultimate car wax on it right now.

How much better can I expect with the Zaino treatment?

I can't speak for others but here's my experience..... Looks pretty awesome!.. Now remember, I don't wash my cars that often.. haven't used ANY product for years. BUT got this new car for the wife, and decided we shall take care of it. Clay bar'd the brand new car.... Z5'd it twice,,,, Z2'd it twice....... and Z6 it when a slight amount of dust is present or predicted in the forecast.

So far I am very pleased. I don't have to wash my car or do anything for another year! :)

(Exept put gas in it more often that others that own the same car.)

Edited by Geremy13

Here, read this thread, hopefully it will answer your questions.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/6404-wax-or-polish-dont-get-them-confused/?p=48538

Wax breaks down over time, and eventually needs to be stripped off or it dulls the paint, a polish doesn't.

What do I need to do before I put more Zaino on? The first time I clay barred then did AIO, Z-5 w/ ZFX (2 coats) and a final coat of Z-2 (without ZFX). The other day my wife noticed that there are a bunch of fine scratches on the trunk deck. I'm hoping that another layer or two of Z-5 will help hide those scratches. However, I don't know what I need to do before adding more Z-5 w/ ZFX. Obviously I need to wash and dry the car, but is there anything else? Or do I just wash, dry and go right to Z-5? Thanks!

After washing our car again on Saturday there's definitely more shine since doing the Zaino. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and will do more Zaino before winter.

However, I found that now if I don't towel dry every square inch of the car the water spots show up whereas they didn't really show before the Zaino.

Me too! What's up with the water spots! I went out of town for Labor day and it lightly rained while we were out. Upon looking at the car I thought 'What The Heck?'.. dried up water spots and then when I got home I immediately Z6's it. Kind of a job that I was hoping to avoid.

Should I put a coat of normal wax on it>?

don't want to have to do this........

I got water spots when hard water landed on the car, but the Z6 cleaned it right up.

Observation, I haven't washed my car for weeks, it was either too hot to do it, or rain was in the forecast. I finally washed it on monday and the paint felt gritty, and thought, crap have to clay it again. Well today the school had an open house, so while waiting for my wife to do her visit, I decided to wipe the car down with Z6.

Car is slick once again. The Z6 released the grit from the finish and its silky smooth once again.

Going to be with out my Girl for a few days since I had to take it in to get the bumper repainted, a few things addressed, like door trim, noise cancelling TSB(maybe), Cross traffic faults, and check into tinting. Aww man, that means I have to drive my awesomely powered Flex that gets a measly 21 MPG the next few days. ( I love driving the Flex)

I got water spots when hard water landed on the car, but the Z6 cleaned it right up.

So, I've got the water spots issue and I'm wondering if I should put a coat of wax on it? I don't know..,, I think I read somewhere that after Zaino'ing it that you did put a coat of wax on it.

So far, I've just clay barred,,, 2 coats of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2... and then Z6 it alot. Currently the car has alot of dirt/ dust so I'm gonna take it to the car wash... and then Z6 when I get home. BUT,,, should I have put a coat of wax on it? I am curious... I suppose if I do this then Z6's in it all the time wouldn't really make sense.

Just want to protect my wifes car that I never cared about polishing or washing before..... ;)

You dont need to wax it. Some people do wax after the final coat of Z, but not necessary.

Very Well,,,

and much appreciated ACDII..... I am going to wash it tomorrow.... Z6 it when I get home..... and then order another bottle of? Should I get some more Z6 or that AIO stuff that everyone talks about.

I think in about another month... I will put another 2 coats of Z2 on it and put her up for the winter........ I hear she doesn't get much MPG in the winter..... BUT,,, don't really want her out in the snow anyway..... BUT ... would love to give it a go,,, if I thought it would make sense.

It's kinda funny, If I turn the AC off....... I can pretty much get that 47MPG all day long driving 20MPH on the highway (just being funny)... but truly,, I have figured out how to get that kind on mileage. But simply can't do it with the AC on.... and it's been too hot for me to go without.

Another test will be next Wednesday..... when I drive a 200 mile trip ... (NOTE: my drive to work is only 3 miles)....

But on Wednesday I will be making this 200 mile trip that I have gotten 47 mpg before without AC....... Now I will be doing it with my wife and her Mom with full AC.. Her Mom weighs 300 pounds. I have heard people mention that the Energi suffers because of the extra 300 pounds......

We shall see.

enough personal info.... I suppose.....

anyways,,, what do you think about the Z6 or AIO suggestions?

You dont need AIO if you have the ZFX with Z2 or 5. Z7 car wash soap and Z6 are all you need to maintain it. AIO is good all by itself, but like wax, needs to be reapplied every couple months, and is also good for the base coat to lock the other polishes to the paint. Since the bumper on my HyTi is being repainted, I will need the AIO to redo the polish to it when its cured enough, and I still need to do the Flex, but it has to go back to the body shop for a final polish. Going to let them do their wax thing so it will be good for the winter, then next spring I will do a clay strip and polish.

You dont need AIO if you have the ZFX with Z2 or 5. Z7 car wash soap and Z6 are all you need to maintain it.

Cool,,, I have the ZFX and Z2, Z5, Z7 and Z6........

I washed her today and then Z6 when I got home. I am learning that it takes me about 45 min. to Z6 and then park her in the garage.

I do have an update on my MPG after my trip but I will post that in another thread that is appropriate.

Appreciate all of your help.

Just an update,

Now it's October,,, so I put 2 more coats for Z2 on it before Winter... knowing that I won't do this again until Spring. So, cleaning the car thoroughly and then puting the first coat of Z2 with ZFX on...... then wiping it off... I started to run out of time.

I didn't want to waste the Z2 that I just mixed up so I put the second coat on knowing that I couldn't wipe it off until the next day.

So,, next day... 24 hours later after work... I wiped it off. Was much more work than normal. BUT, I will swear that the car looks more sharper and gives me the impression that it is more protective than the other coats that I have done in the past.

Something to think about. I was surprised.

Thats true, the longer you let it cure, the harder it is to remove, but it does improve the clarity.

Thats true, the longer you let it cure, the harder it is to remove, but it does improve the clarity.

Yes, this is true,

I will swear by it now. It lightly rained today and I could definitely tell a big difference since the first 4 coats a couple months ago. (wipe on, wipe off).

But then again, it's only been a day. But I sure think that it made a big difference, and I'm thinking next time maybe I will wait 24 hours (even with ZFX) before I wipe it clean. I am that impressed!

Is Zaino (AIO, Z-5, Z-2) safe to use on all the windows of the car? What about on the rims? Should I clay bar the windows then before applying Zaino? What about clay bar on the rims?

I need to do the Zaino treatment on the new car soon. My company is giving us three days off for Christmas (12/23-12/25) so I'm thinking maybe I can spend Monday the 23rd working on the new white FFH and on the white Prius to keep them both looking nice.

Dont use AIO on the glass, it leaves funky spots that dont come off right away. You can clay everything though. I have used Z2&5 on the mirrors and side windows without issues, but prefer RainX for the windshield.

I like to use CS on the windshield. Works almost as well as RainX and I don't have to buy separate products to do it (since I use CS on the rest of the car).

Dont use AIO on the glass, it leaves funky spots that dont come off right away. You can clay everything though. I have used Z2&5 on the mirrors and side windows without issues, but prefer RainX for the windshield.

So on the glass I'll just clay bar and then do Z-5 or Z-2.

What about on the rims?