Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Zaino How To

Geremy, I hate to say it, but I think you missed a very important step. Before the Z-5+ZFX step you should've applied a layer of ZFZ on its own or AIO. That acts a a primer for Z-5 and without it, Z-5 wont work as advertised.

Acdii, do you know if this is correct?

He did it correctly. The ZFX mixed with the Z5 takes place of using AIO as the first step. If you dont use AIO or ZFX though the Z5 and Z2 will not bond. (ask me how I know). Using AIO and Z5/Z2 with ZFX though allows you to apply all the coats in one day without the need to wait 24 hours to cure. If you use AIO you dont need to use ZFC, but you need to wait 24 hours between coats of Z5 and Z2 so it can properly cure.

HAHAHAHA Pichers!!! I lub it

I just want to clarify a few things. I have been asked a few times about which product to use with what.

For best results use AIO AKA All In One as the base coat.

You do not use ZFX with AIO.

For the lazy and just want to give it a quick once over every few months. Use one shot of AIO followed up with a once over of Z-CS Clear Shield. AIO+ CS lasts about 6 months before needing a recoat. You can use Z6 between coats, and after a wash to extend the life.

My steps above are what is known as the Ultimate protection.

Use AIO for the first coat.

Use Z5 with ZFX for the subsequent coats, followed by Z2 with ZFX, and topped with Z-CS. Finish it off with Z8 the following day. In between coats do a once over with Z6. Takes 2 days for this method, a full day the first day cleaning and prepping, followed by maybe an hour the next day to give it a once over with Z8.

Now, if you do not have ZFX, dont panic, just plan out for 3 days. Do AIO followed by Z5. Wait a few hours for it to set, then wipe down, apply Z6, and apply a second Z5 coat, let dry, wipe down and let them cure over night. The next afternoon apply the Z2 and Z-CS, then the following day apply Z8.

As you can see, the ZFX speeds up cure time, so you can apply up to 3 coats in one day instead of 2 followed by 2 the next day. Z-CS needs at least an overnight rest before applying Z6 or 8.

So if you just want the ease of Zaino

1 bottle of Z-AIO Polish

1 bottle of Z-CS Clear Seal

1 bottle of Z6 Detail spray

1 bottle of Z7 car wash

The Z6 and Z7 should last about a year, the AIO and CS about 2 or 3 depending on how often you use it and how many cars you use it on. Z7 is the car wash, and does a very good job removing bugs and gunk without harming the Z.

Want the Ultimate?

the above plus the following

1 bottle of Z2 Clear Coat Polish

1 bottle of Z5 Swirl Remover Polish

1 bottle of Z8 Grand Finale

1 ZFX Accelerator kit.

The Z2 and Z5 will last you several years, the ZFX might last 3. It all depends on how often you use it and where you store it. ZFX will harden over time, so you will know when it needs to be replaced when you can no longer squeeze it out of the bottle.

Do NOT, repeat do NOT use Z2 or Z5 by itself without using ZFX or a first coat of AIO on freshly cleaned paint. It will not stick and you will have wasted your time and Zaino. You can use Z2 and Z5 without ZFX only if you first apply a coat of AIO, or are going over existing Zaino*. You just need to wait longer between coats to let it cure.

*if recoating within the first few months only.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Edited by acdii

These cars are so shiny to start with that it does make it hard to see the difference. What you will notice is after a few weeks and washings it will still feel like you just polished it. I couldnt get over how smooth and silky my F150 felt 6 months later.

Well... you know what my answer to the residue will be... :)

I agree with corncobs - where is the picture?

Alright,,,, Thank you for everyone's interest. YES,,, I think the car looks great. In fact I don't wash cars or polish them or nothin'.... BUT on this one I'm gonna take care of.

So...... after last weekends regiment with the car polishing thing....... I have since, Z6 after work and a full day of driving (12 miles at the most)... and have purchased new polishing rags,,, ( I mean detailing towels).

Yes, I will post pictures tomorrow. It is now a priviledge to own this car and I am happy to share it with all.

Question for corncobs: Did you black out your car? Your pic looks like you blacked out the grill and what not.... Just curious. My son did this to his brand new Camaro (everything including the lights, tailights, wheels, etc. )

Another Question: Reading, and reading,,, should I WAX this car after doing all this work with ZAINO? Some car forums say YES<<< and some say NO>>>

Thank you

You can if you want to. Really is no reason to, just remember to remove the wax if you decide to do another coat of the Z or you will lock in whatever wax is still on the car, and it will show.

Thats the high optical properties of Zaino, have to take the bad with the good at times.

Can you Z6 too much?

I've been Z6'ing the car after work.... or every other day so far....... to clean up the bugs and crap.

Just wondering?

Nope, but if you want to save some money, the Meguiars works pretty good for clean up too.

Detail spray? Depends if the car is just dusty, wipe it down with a california duster, and then use the spray and wipe down. If the car has seen rain though, wash it first. Rain makes the dirt stick, and the spray may take it off, but could also cause scratches.