Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Zaino How To

So on the glass I'll just clay bar and then do Z-5 or Z-2.

What about on the rims?

painted rims do the full treatment, Brake dust(yeah right) rinses right off. On the windshield, I would use any of it, just Rainx. The last time I tried it left spots that wont come off right away, only recently have I noticed they are gone,

painted rims do the full treatment, Brake dust(yeah right) rinses right off. On the windshield, I would use any of it, just Rainx. The last time I tried it left spots that wont come off right away, only recently have I noticed they are gone,

Thanks acdii!

Tomorrow is Zaino day. I'm going to do the full treatment on the white FFH, starting with clay bar in the morning and then AIO, Z-5 & Z-2. I'm going to do the same thing on the Prius.

Tomorrow is Zaino day. I'm going to do the full treatment on the white FFH, starting with clay bar in the morning and then AIO, Z-5 & Z-2. I'm going to do the same thing on the Prius.

Wow, two different manufacturers cars in one day, this sounds like a new kind of Eco-CrossFit. Dual-Hybrid CrossFit Flossing, the new rage...

carwash.gif

I did the Zaino treatment on both cars over the last few days. I completely finished up the Prius on Monday because we needed a car to be able to drive. Washing the Prius was a pain because it was so caked with snow dirt. I washed both cars Monday morning and then sat down to do the clay bar. It was a real chore doing clay bar because on a white car you can see every imperfection and blemish. I don't know that I will ever buy another white car after going through that. I have no doubt that the black car also had lots of blemishes when I did the clay bar on it, but I couldn't see them because the paint was black.

Because of time constraints the Prius only got one coat of AIO and one coat of Z-5 with ZFX. At some point I'd like to do more. Even with just those two layers it's amazing how the paint repels water & snow now.

On the FFH I did AIO, two coats of Z-5 with ZFX and finally two coats of Z-2 with ZFX.

I took some before pics and want to take after ones but the winter weather isn't cooperating. The white pearl shine looks really nice on both cars now.

Here are some before pics...once the weather cooperates I'll take some after pics and add them. The before pics show just how dirty even the white cars get in MN winters...

IMG_4614_zpsd579d696.jpg

IMG_4616_zps4f5b8c20.jpg

The Fusion isn't as dirty because it had been washed a few days before taking the pics and doing the Zaino treatment

IMG_4624_zpsf54087f0.jpg

IMG_4623_zps87aba5a6.jpg

Are you moving? Looks like you went to a new apartment complex and parked at the special spot?

Besides that nice pics

AHHHh it s P P P PRIUS!!!!

:sos: :gaah: :kookie: :cry: :redcard:

What, you expect him to turn in his Mod badge??

He's doing comparative studies on his own time and money, I say we give him three huzzahs!

What a sacrifice he's made, just for us.

;)

Nah, but at least a warning label! LOL

Shiver, nightmares will happen tonight. :stirpot:

Are you moving? Looks like you went to a new apartment complex and parked at the special spot?

Besides that nice pics

I took pics of the Prius when parked in front of the office to get the car wash key card and car wash soap/bucket. Same complex. I parked next to the "future resident" spot.

What, you expect him to turn in his Mod badge??

He's doing comparative studies on his own time and money, I say we give him three huzzahs!

What a sacrifice he's made, just for us.

;)

Thanks GrySql!! Somewhere I need to do a comparison thread because there are really interesting similarities and differences.

Thanks GrySql!! Somewhere I need to do a comparison thread because there are really interesting similarities and differences.

In a way there are, can't disagree on that. There is more back seat leg room, but I still prefer the Fusion's interior. The 07 I had was really easy to get EPA, at that time was 50/60 before they changed the rules. On the interstate I was able to get 75 MPG in it. That is the one thing I never had a complain about, it always got exceptional MPG.

Come on down and wash mine please! :) My car is no longer black, its gray!

For the disbelievers, washed my car in the touchless during lunch. It was Filthy, with paw prints from the barn cat all over it, mud splashed on the roof from the tow yard along with all the salt from the road. No cloth touched it, just the water spray and blower.

She is Pretty again! and Shines!

1231457_679598275415643_70860713_n.jpg

Tomorrow... it snows. :( at least I got one day where she is clean again.

For the disbelievers, washed my car in the touchless during lunch. It was Filthy, with paw prints from the barn cat all over it, mud splashed on the roof from the tow yard along with all the salt from the road. No cloth touched it, just the water spray and blower.

She is Pretty again! and Shines!

1231457_679598275415643_70860713_n.jpg

Tomorrow... it snows. :( at least I got one day where she is clean again.

So what is that string thingey on the floor running under the car. Pull the string and the car neatly folds up into a box?

So what is that string thingey on the floor running under the car. Pull the string and the car neatly folds up into a box?

There is a troll under the car, I feed it Slim Jims.

How can I tell if my clay bars are worn out and need to be replaced? They have a fair bit of crud in them now after doing 4 vehicles (black FFH, my parents' C-Max Energi, Prius & white FFH). I need to do the white FFH again, not the whole car, but some spots that won't come off with normal scrubbing when washing the car. I want to do the same thing for my parents with their Energi before winter.

I will try to post some pics later when I am home of my clay bars.

Thats a good question, I have yet to replace the first of 2 Z bars. It still picks up crud and doesnt have any particles in it. The Mothers/meguiars bars fall apart after a while and get gummy, thats when you know its time to replace those. I guess when its really dirty and no longer really works, or if you see fine scratches would be another clue.

Thats a good question, I have yet to replace the first of 2 Z bars. It still picks up crud and doesnt have any particles in it. The Mothers/meguiars bars fall apart after a while and get gummy, thats when you know its time to replace those. I guess when its really dirty and no longer really works, or if you see fine scratches would be another clue.

Here are pics:

010BE402-5619-494C-87AA-1B0CB6DDD9EC_zps

322280E7-3604-47B3-B00D-BC65318FA60E_zps

E57807A9-0C44-4949-9337-E0A487FE7ED5_zps

I can see crud in them and I just want to make sure that I won't make things worse by scratching the car with the clay bar.