It only works above certain speeds (40 maybe). Also, you have to make sure it can see the lines on the road. If it shows a white line on the display, it won't do anything. I see the white line on the display sometimes even when the lines on the road are perfectly clear.

Mine has problems when driving into the sun. I guess the reflection off the road is washing out the image. I suspect the same may happen at night on wet roads as well (not sure I'll ever find out, it doesn't rain in North TX :) )

All it needs now are machine guns, rocket launchers and a bullet proof shield in the back.

Sounds like a movie car doesnt it.

All it needs now are machine guns, rocket launchers and a bullet proof shield in the back.

Can't tell if this is Ingot Silver or Oxford White.

Edited by jeff_h

Well, it can't be too rigid or you could never change lanes in the thing.

I was wondering, when you have a turn signal on and your switching lanes, does it intentionally not activate?

I was doing this the other day and intending to switch lanes and it yanked me back. Kind of freaked me out.

No really, I want to switch lanes!. ? How does it know besides the turn signal being on?

I found that dangerous and I turned it off immediately. I was on a major highway - I was confused...

Edited by smr2112

That's what I'd expect. I was pretty sure I had the T/S on, but either I didn't have it on or it wasn't fully engaged yet.

I'm pretty good about that and that's why it surprised me. Going to have to test it again on a tamer road.

The turn signal needs to be past the detent into full signal, not the 3 blink mode for it to deactivate. It will let you override when changing lanes, but the first couple times it does make you go WHAT?

The turn signal needs to be past the detent into full signal, not the 3 blink mode for it to deactivate. It will let you override when changing lanes, but the first couple times it does make you go WHAT?

Yep, exactly my reaction and I may not have had the turn signal all the way down as it was a quickly lane change. Not sure.

But my brain did go "WHAT?" - just the that as I wasn't expecting it to happen.

I do especially like the Lane Keeping when I've had a few too many, it keeps me on the straight and narrow - literally ! :worship:

No it's not hard to overpower in an evasive maneuver, but it will give you quite a scare in less obvious situations.

I had a situation where there was construction and lanes shifted, but they hadn't completely covered the old yellow line. As I gently shifted lanes to the left, my car thought the road kept going straight and attempted to guide me into the newly setup concrete barrier. The rumble was enough to frighten me and I quickly hit the turn signal instead of overpowering it.

I now disable it anytime I see construction.