Sign in to follow this  
clummus

Where is the slot for key on push button start cars+

I looked in the owners manual and I see the picture of where it should be. I've searched and cannot see it. I need to program the mykey feature and need to access it.

Im not that familiar with the My Key functions...( maybe i should read up on what it can do ).. But I believe the slot inside the armrest is what you are looking for...

I've looked all over and. there is no slot. my salesman is clueless. I asked him when I took delivery about the backup key slot. No clue. guess I'll ask the service department. they haven't returned my call.

what are you going to program? do you have kids driving it ? or for valet??

is it a slot shaped like the metal part of the key? or do you set the fob down into the holder

is it a slot shaped like the metal part of the key? or do you set the fob down into the holder

If I read correctly, you put the whole fob in a holder.

I've looked all over and. there is no slot. my salesman is clueless. I asked him when I took delivery about the backup key slot. No clue. guess I'll ask the service department. they haven't returned my call.

I just set the fob.in.the pocket. I was looking for a place.to put the key in. instructions in manual aren't clear.

That part of the manual is confusing because it is located in a section titled,

Starting a Gasoline Engine,

but after that it says it is under the center console and exactly how to position the key, too.

It should be moved to the key section IMO.

I just set the fob.in.the pocket. I was looking for a place.to put the key in. instructions in manual aren't clear.

Place the fob into the pocket with the key ring up and the buttons toward the rear of the car.

The physical key is used to unlock the drivers door and the glove box. It has no other use.

Place the fob into the pocket with the key ring up and the buttons toward the rear of the car.

The physical key is used to unlock the drivers door and the glove box. It has no other use.

Well it is shiny so you could try to signal a plane with it.

And I can't find a picture, but I believe it is sharp, you could cut packaging tape.